• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
GOP's last ditch attempt to beat Ossoff:

DCc5yGmXgAA-LCA.jpg

I mean, I don't even know what to say at this point.

tbm24

How are these guys still in business? How did they ever get their reputation for at least being somewhat decent?

It's like 10+ points off other polls.
Given that no one ever examines further unless they are looking to scrutinize a poll(and if you're citing Rass for any reason either it's to shit on it or take it at face value to run with some shitty narrative. I reckon there's a lot of money to be made by focusing on the latter.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The level of Photoshop ability there is amazing.

Vixdean

Republicans complaining about outside money in local races is the height of hypocrisy. That's what's fueled all their gains since 2010.

Plinko

Republicans complaining about outside money in local races is the height of hypocrisy. That's what's fueled all their gains since 2010.

To be fair, republicans use these methods because they have worked for them. Have the democrats put out an ad about how Handel's campaign was funded from outside sources as well?

Plinko

I absolutely love what Schumer did this morning when he officially invited GOP Congresspeople to a meeting on the health care bill.

Plinko

I wish you had a better source there. Doesn't matter with this story really, but the Washington Times is worse than most tabloids.

You are correct. I deleted the link. Here's the actual letter:

DCc84mCUQAABCtY.jpg:small

There are people who are still mad about Hanoi Jane? Shit, even most Boomers have probably forgotten she exists.

No one holds a grudge better than old men with erectile dysfunction and an opioid prescription for the knee they busted playing college ball.

I'm starting to think Ossoff wins by a bigger margin than I was mentally preparing myself for (which would have been like a 50-50, 51-49 affair). Like 5 points or so.

Still going to go with the assumption that it's Handel's to lose though just so I'm not caught off guard if she does win.

Handel losing would be hilarious because she'll have whiffed on a Senate, gubernatorial and House race where the first two would have been hers had she won the primary, and the House race should have been hers on paper. Truly the Charlie Crist of our time, except he actually did make it to Congress eventually.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
My wife is phone banking for ossof tomorrow lmao
before November she paid little attention to any of this. now she is a full on grass roots activist.

Old people vote and Old people usually vote Republican and Old people really hate Jane Fonda

What's kind of funny is quite a lot of these old people who hate Democrats for "hating our troops" were out there protesting Vietnam back in the 70s.

Hippies turning into bitter, conservative old people will never stop amazing me. It's bizarre that the most liberal old people I know (my maternal grandparents) had family serve in 'Nam, while some of the most conservative were hippies back in the day, who managed to get some money and turned into greedy little religious weirdos.

What's kind of funny is quite a lot of these old people who hate Democrats for "hating our troops" were out there protesting Vietnam back in the 70s.

Hippies turning into bitter, conservative old people will never stop amazing me. It's bizarre that the most liberal old people I know (my maternal grandparents) had family serve in 'Nam, while some of the most conservative were hippies back in the day, who managed to get some money and turned into greedy little religious weirdos.

Fuck you, got mine. They weren't protesting because they hated the war, they just didn't want to go. Now that they're out of the crosshairs, they're just fine fucking over young people.

Edit: and there's a very obvious reason they picked those people for that ad against Ossoff.

Just on time, Vox with It's now clear US voting is hackable. Here are 6 things we must do to prevent chaos.

I think the idea of voting by phone will probably remain a dream.

Vox hasn't uncovered nothing new here.

Voting machine concerns have existed for years:

http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/voting-systems/oversight/top-bottom-review/

https://www.cs.princeton.edu/~appel/voting/
(the old site technology here should serve as proof that voting machine hackability concerns are NOTHING NEW!)

Best Solution: go back to paper ballots only.

I literally spent a year of my life involved in researching voting machines. I came to the conclusion that most Election departments in most states are nothing more than patronage pits where you stash barely qualified people whom you owe favors to. Hence, you aren't getting people in these positions who understand the problems relevant to the field. Leading to the possibility of security issues creeping into these machines that can even fool a VVPAT.

Actually this is a bit of a myth. The young were the most hawkish group during the entire Vietnam conflict.

Hippies were unfortunately always a minority.

Plinko

That it might very well work?

As I said above, it has worked for the GOP for years, so why stop now?

I wonder what a democrat flyer like this would look like. They definitely have the ammo to do it, especially against any Senator/Congressperson who votes for AHCA.

As I said above, it has worked for the GOP for years, so why stop now?

I wonder what a democrat flyer like this would look like. They definitely have the ammo to do it, especially against any Senator/Congressperson who votes for AHCA.

You could just use Trump, Pence, Ryan and McConnell.

Ogodei

Most folks were just in it for the acid and sex and followed the peace/love thing because it was cool at the time.

Thanks! I never knew this. I still love her though.

Democrats better be careful with Kamala Harris. Black people like her, and if she runs... she will get their vote like me.
I think Republicans can see this too. That's why they have McCain sitting in and interrupting her. They see that spark, and they know she can rally the base.

I hope she runs.

And when I say religious weirdos I mean they went on a "mission" to Japan to convert people and "help them" as if Japan was some kind of impoverished third world country and not an island country where like half of it is covered in near techno-future urban development.

What about the age demographic that were young when Ferris Bueller's day off came out? I wanna bet that they are liberals/democrats today. By young I mean they went to watch it in theaters with their friends.

Teggy

What about the age demographic that were young when Ferris Bueller's day off came out? I wanna bet that they are liberals/democrats today. By young I mean they went to watch it in theaters with their friends.

A lot of us are, but not all. You're talking about people in their mid-40s.

And when I say religious weirdos I mean they went on a "mission" to Japan to convert people and "help them" as if Japan was some kind of impoverished third world country and not an island country where like half of it is covered in near techno-future urban development.

It always creeps me out when people go on missions trips to modern countries and everyone starts up the "are you gonna be safe there?" shtick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom