• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfool

Banned
Very noteworthy. Those are the folks we can win over with a better candidate.

Eh, I'd think at best you could convince them not to vote. I question the judgement of a group of people giving that dipshit a 90% approval rating despite primarily voting against his contender.

What about the age demographic that were young when Ferris Bueller's day off came out? I wanna bet that they are liberals/democrats today. By young I mean they went to watch it in theaters with their friends.

I graduated high school in West Virginia in 1984. For the most part, my friends who left, or at least traveled out of state at some point, are the liberals, and the ones who stayed behind are the conservatives. There is no faster path to progressive ideals than meeting a cross-section of people and culture.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
They're really running out the clock at this point unless they void the July 4th Recess.

Which they won't. They need to run that clock out.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/claudiakoe...se-theyre-part?utm_term=.eqW3XVnVJ#.qhlyZEwEp

The FBI Won't Release Comey's Trump Memos Because They're Part Of "Law Enforcement Proceedings"

The FBI will not release memos written by former director James Comey on his interactions with President Trump because they're part of a "pending or prospective law enforcement proceeding."

BuzzFeed News requested the memos under the Freedom of Information Act. At least one of the memos is unclassified.

But, the FBI said, the memos' release could "reasonably interfere with enforcement proceedings."

Also...

To whoever just subscribed my email accts (family, work, obsolete) to multiple @Nickelback promotional & fan newsletters:

It's. Not. Funny.

https://twitter.com/BenSasse/status/875808140544966656

This is very funny.

Northam and Perriello both got more primary votes that Gillespie. Its going to take more than one poll to make this race concerning.

Sure, but I don't feel great about discounting any poll that people don't like.

I've been saying for a while now that the Trump voters who are your best targets for flipping are the ones who mostly voted for Trump as an antiHillary vote.

Especially if they were Obama voters.

when-your-friends-find-your-reddit-username-167385.gif
What is this from?

Sure, but I don't feel great about discounting any poll that people don't like.

Especially if they were Obama voters.
Considering last year I think this is a very good approach.

That being said there are many structural and contextual advantages for Northam that I'm not too worried about a couple of tied/near-tied polls taken right after the primary. If this continues in say, September or October then I'll start worrying.

I just really hope Northam has decent enough coattails to make up good ground in the VA House, though I'm not expecting him to flip it.

Unsurprising but awful: the trans candidate for House of Delegates in Virginia has been consistently misgendered by her Republican opponent (he sponsored the "bathroom bill" in Virginia).

It's a 55-40 Clinton district.

Unsurprising but awful: the trans candidate for House of Delegates in Virginia has been consistently misgendered by her Republican opponent (he sponsored the "bathroom bill" in Virginia).

It's a 55-40 Clinton district.
hope he gets fucked and his career dies this November

also next week we're done with interesting domestic elections until November, huh

hope he gets fucked and his career dies this November

also next week we're done with interesting domestic elections until November, huh

Yup.

“My opponent and I differ on the proposed change in public school policy to allow males and females to use the lockers, showers, bathrooms and overnight hotel rooms of the opposite sex if they merely identify as ‘transgender’ which can change from day to day,” Marshall’s statement said. “He supports this change, and I do not.”

What a fucking piece of shit

McConnell's ability to "play the game" is so fucking overrated. He hides from the public. What a mastermind.

Eh, I would call it more than that. It's also that McConnell knew the one strategy that could prevent the democrats from continuing to win after 2008. He knew what bills he needed to make sure absolutely ZERO republican senators were allowed to support. He was behind all the bullshit "well if you do this, MAYBE we'll support the ACA" facades that Republican senators pulled that wasted time and resources.

And McConnell also has figured out what shit he can get away with and not be punished for. Such as refusing to even give a hearing for Garland.

And the other thing is that while Paul Ryan and John Beohner never had full control of their house because of the HFC, McConnell has a VERY tight grip on his Senators.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/16/trump-new-lawyer-john-dowd-fbi-investigation-239651

President Donald Trump has added another high-profile lawyer to his personal legal team as the special counsel investigation heats up.

John Dowd, who investigated Pete Rose for Major League Baseball and represented John McCain during the Keating Five Scandal, among other high-profile clients, has joined the president's legal team, according to two people familiar with the pick. Dowd declined to comment Friday.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I thought you might like this, pigeon and Bonen.

Would that there were more like him.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/16/trump-new-lawyer-john-dowd-fbi-investigation-239651

President Donald Trump has added another high-profile lawyer to his personal legal team as the special counsel investigation heats up.

John Dowd, who investigated Pete Rose for Major League Baseball and represented John McCain during the Keating Five Scandal, among other high-profile clients, has joined the president's legal team, according to two people familiar with the pick. Dowd declined to comment Friday.

Aww man, he finally got a real lawyer.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Why were people expecting anything today?

Teggy

Most people are talking about Trump yelling at the tv but that's been reported before. So he's still yelling at the tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom