• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump pursing treason charges against his own is like one of the stupidest things I can think Trump can do. I doubt that is true. Him mass firing is likely and has been talked about before so it could happen.

It will still be pretty bad though because some of those people are still somewhat know what they are doing or at the very least somewhat rational human beings. Firing them will push back everything; he will also lose talent and connections that he desperately needs. Likely the positions won't get filled either.

Blader

That Enquirer screenshot is hilarious. It lists the following as targets for firing/treason:

-Kellyanne Conway
-Sean Spicer
-Jeff Sessions
-Tom Price
-Don McGahn
-Ben Carson
-Mick Mulvaney
-OBAMA'S MOLE

No word yet from Illinois on the Kobach request. The state board of elections consists of eight members. Four were appointed by Democrats (all by Pat Quinn) and four were appointed by Republicans (one by Jim Edgar and the rest by Bruce Rauner).

That Enquirer screenshot is hilarious. Its list the following as targets for firing/treason:

-Kellyanne Conway
-Sean Spicer
-Jeff Sessions
-Tom Price
-Don McGahn
-Ben Carson
-Mick Mulvaney
-OBAMA'S MOLE

What did Ben Carson do?

Maybe something to do with having said about giving Mueller a chance?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Nate Silver immediately jumped to "Scarborough might not be releasing texts because he may have told Trump he'd get better TV coverage."

That Enquirer screenshot is hilarious. Its list the following as targets for firing/treason:

-Kellyanne Conway
-Sean Spicer
-Jeff Sessions
-Tom Price
-Don McGahn
-Ben Carson
-Mick Mulvaney
-OBAMA'S MOLE

That's a good way to provide you some cover for the Russian stuff. Charge everyone below you for treason lol

Please charge Sessions ... please

That's a good way to provide you some cover for the Russian stuff. Charge everyone below you for treason lol

Please charge Sessions ... please

About what though and if Trump did would that make sure that they rat on him? Not to mention the feeling of Trump turning on his own. Nobody will trust him. His own people probably barely even does right now and him doing this will surely convince someone to turn even if they aren't targeted by the charges. Finally, if he charged someone like Jeff Sessions how does information about his involvement with Russia not eventually lead to him?

Nate Silver immediately jumped to "Scarborough might not be releasing texts because he may have told Trump he'd get better TV coverage."

I just saw that. I'd hardly put it past Scarborough but it doesn't make much sense as is:

--Joe volunteered this entire story. No one knew about it.

--Trump obviously would have accepted in a heartbeat.

What I COULD see is Joe going to Trump or the WH first and asking (without directly calling Trump) for the story to be spiked, and the WH coming back with "wellll how about this..."

teiresias

So the following states/SoSes have said they're not giving Pence/Kobach anything less than what's available publicly:

Connecticut (Dem SoS)
California (Dem SoS)
New York (Dem SoS)
Massachusetts (Dem SoS)
Kentucky (Dem SoS)
North Carolina (Dem Sos/mixed Election Board)
Utah (GOP SoS)
Indiana (GOP SoS)
Wisconsin (Dem SoS)
Virginia (Dem SoS)
Minnesota (Dem SoS)
Oklahoma (GOP SoS)
Tennessee (GOP SoS)
New Mexico (Dem SoS)
Vermont (Dem SoS)
Rhode Island (Dem SoS)

Did I miss any?

Shouldn't this say they're not giving them anything MORE than what's available publicly?

Unfortunately got exposed to some Limbaugh this morning and heard a caller saying "They should just repeal Obamacare and replace it later" and Limbaugh saying "Of course that's what they should do, there's no reason not to."

So I guess that's the plan huh

Unfortunately got exposed to some Limbaugh this morning and heard a caller saying "They should just repeal Obamacare and replace it later" and Limbaugh saying "Of course that's what they should do, there's no reason not to."

Moderate darlings love that plan

Jeremy

Pretty much. The phrase went from 'repeal and replace' to 'repeal and hope we come up with something' almost overnight.

and I really take the new one word motto to mean there are no plans to come up with a replacement within the next 8 years.

I love that Trump brought this up because it's going to derail whatever deal McConnell is working on because now the hardliners want McConnell to fail so they can propose their "back up" bill, which is the straight repeal.

I have little doubt that if they just go straight repeal with no replacement they'll be able to pass it, because they'd never be able to face their "base" by saying they voted against an Obamacare repeal after campaigning on that for 7+ years straight.

The key is going to be making sure every one of those millions that die because of it is pinned to the party. Not just Trump.

I have little doubt that if they just go straight repeal with no replacement they'll be able to pass it, because they'd never be able to face their "base" by saying they voted against an Obamacare repeal after campaigning on that for 7+ years straight.

The key is going to be making sure every one of those millions that die because of it is pinned to the party. Not just Trump.
Maybe the House, but not the Senate. Repealing without a replacement is obviously irresponsible, and the moderate darlings will say so.

Lo-Volt

That Enquirer screenshot is hilarious. It lists the following as targets for firing/treason:

-Kellyanne Conway
-Sean Spicer
-Jeff Sessions
-Tom Price
-Don McGahn
-Ben Carson
-Mick Mulvaney
-OBAMA'S MOLE

That is the stupidest shit I ever heard and I can't buy it. But if it's somehow true, then I hope they have a special counsel's phone number on speed dial. These hoes are going to trip over each other to make an appointment.

It's really crazy. If Trump keeps them in, he has a bare minimum of protection from them (I go, you go with me). If he really fires them in a pique of dumb shit, they have no loyalty left and I bet they're taking papers on the way out because they're not as dumb.

Come the fuck on.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So,

Trump made personal attacks on a woman on twitter that would have ended anyone else's career - any other president, any CEO, you name it. Game over.

Then a rumor that Trump had leveraged the National Enquirer to blackmail Joe Scarborough into lying about Trump emrged.

Then the president himself tweeted proof that it was actually true.

And he still has his job and the vast majority of the GOP still support him.

When all this is over, the GOP needs to be held responsible for it all as an organization.

PA says fuck off. Governor Wolf posted up a lengthy thread. I'll condense it here:

Governor Tom Wolf‏:

You can add PA to that list. We will not participate in this systematic effort to suppress the vote. I have serious reservations given historical suppression of voting rights and the Trump admin's false statements on the integrity of voting. During the campaign, then-candidate Trump repeatedly suggested wide-spread voter fraud in Pennsylvania without evidence. Even worse, after the election the President-elect said millions of votes in U.S. had been cast illegally while providing no evidence. These attacks on Pennsylvania and the country's most important democratic institution - voting - remain unproven. I also have grave concerns that this is the precipitous pretext for pursuing restrictions on the fundamental right of citizens to vote. Here in PA, a court of law has already struck down a voter identification program for putting undo burden on this fundamental right. I have no interest in contributing to any effort to suppress the right to vote or create unnecessary or unfair burdens on voters. I would be more interested in hearing from the White House how they are protecting our elections from illegal and international influence. And I would support any effort to invest more federal funding in protecting our voter systems and improving voting technology. The right to vote is absolute and I have no confidence that you seek to bolster - not hinder – it.

Governor Tom Wolf‏Verified account @GovernorTomWolf 44s44 seconds ago
More
Replying to @GovernorTomWolf
Voter suppression is undemocratic. I will not allow PA to participate in furthering the trend of suppression seen across the country.

Diablos can breathe.

Good on the governor, but how can I take seriously someone who confuses his homophones and writes "undo" for "undue"? Tragic.

So,

Trump made personal attacks on a woman on twitter that would have ended anyone else's career - any other president, any CEO, you name it. Game over.

Then a rumor that Trump had leveraged the National Enquirer to blackmail Joe Scarborough into lying about Trump emrged.

When all this is over, the GOP needs to be held responsible for it all as an organization.

If the Russia stuff ever comes to fruition there's going to need to be some serious questions asked about the state of the US government and the GOP for sure.

Wilsongt

So,

Of which they won't, because the American people are bad about forcing people to be accountable for their actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom