• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
So,

Trump made personal attacks on a woman on twitter that would have ended anyone else's career - any other president, any CEO, you name it. Game over.

Then a rumor that Trump had leveraged the National Enquirer to blackmail Joe Scarborough into lying about Trump emrged.

Then the president himself tweeted proof that it was actually true.

And he still has his job and the vast majority of the GOP still support him.

When all this is over, the GOP needs to be held responsible for it all as an organization.

The issue I have with all of this is that while the public is horribly focused with Joe and Mika, this sexist, racist incompetent is on the verge of starting a trade war (which is getting nowhere near the coverage), he's ratcheting up the war machine with North Korea, etc. etc. I don't mean to minimize his sexism or attack on Mika which is was WRONG but a 20% tariff on imported goods will fucking wreck the US economy and have /serious/ effect on people's lives.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The issue I have with all of this is that while the public is horribly focused with Joe and Mika, this sexist, racist incompetent is on the verge of starting a trade war (which is getting nowhere near the coverage), he's ratcheting up the war machine with North Korea, etc. etc. I don't mean to minimize his sexism or attack on Mika which is was WRONG but a 20% tariff on imported goods will fucking wreck the US economy and have /serious/ effect on people's lives.

Yep.

Also, I have a weird feeling that (another) big oppo will droppo this evening. I trust my instincts.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Fox News reporting from "an unnamed source" that is a "top White House aide" that Trump and Kushner never blackmailed Scarborough. This is getting interesting.

Trump said something about North Korea recently?

I thought they'd backed down to "let China handle it" and then fucked that up by signing this new weapons deal with Taiwan.

I guess "recently" is relative so let's say in the scope of the current news cycle, within the last 2--3 weeks.

South Dakota also not giving information to Kobach/Pence.

Well that one is kind of surprising.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Fox News reporting from "an unnamed source" that is a "top White House aide" that Trump and Kushner never blackmailed Scarborough. This is getting interesting.
Was the source John Miller?

Trump said something about North Korea recently?

I thought they'd backed down to "let China handle it" and then fucked that up by signing this new weapons deal with Taiwan.

I guess "recently" is relative so let's say in the scope of the current news cycle, within the last 2--3 weeks.

Well that one is kind of surprising.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/30/politics/trump-moon-jae-in-rose-garden/index.html

President Donald Trump, speaking alongside South Korean President Moon Jae-in, declared Friday US patience with the North Korean regime "is over."

"The era of strategic patience with the North Korean regime has failed," Trump said in a statement from the Rose Garden. "And, frankly, that patience is over."

The Treasury Department on Thursday imposed new sanctions on a Chinese bank and several Chinese nationals while the State Department approved a $1 billion arms deal with Taiwan. Both moves appeared aimed at unsettling China, which the US has repeatedly urged to pressure North Korea into changing its behavior, with little success.

So we're pushing China with sanctions and playing friendly with Taiwan and the US government is possibly looking to slap a 20% tax on Chinese Steel as an example.

What do you think the Chinese response here is going to be?

Wilsongt

Oh well, if Fox News is saying it's nothing then it must be nothing but made up fake news by the failing destroy Trump media!!

Note that the story has no byline. This is the second time that Fox News has run a story with no byline that cites a single, unnamed source to defend Kushner.

Stolen from OT:

Gabby Morrongiello‏Verified account
@gabriellahope_

A source tells me Trump ran around the West Wing yesterday asking staff what they thought of his tweet & admitting it wasn't presidential

Is this the pivot?

Mississippi SoS (GOP) as well: https://mississippitoday.org/2017/06/30/hosemann-on-trump-voter-id-request-go-jump-in-the-gulf/

Hosemann, a Republican who did not endorse Trump during the presidential campaign, said his office has not yet received a letter from the administration. But he said if and when he does receive one, he will reject it outright. Hosemann is the one of the first Republican secretaries of state in the country to publicly reject the commission's request, joining several Democratic colleagues in bucking the request.

”They can go jump in the Gulf of Mexico and Mississippi is a great state to launch from," Hosemann said in a statement on Friday. ”Mississippi residents should celebrate Independence Day and our state's right to protect the privacy of our citizens by conducting our own electoral processes."

Hosemann successfully won a 2014 federal case on the argument that state voter file information should be kept private and not shared with the federal government. He has gone to great lengths since the November presidential election to assure the public that there was no voter fraud in the 2016 presidential election.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I am so exhausted with politics. I'm still absolutely shocked that someone with some of the worst policies, worst scandals, and worst demeanor of any american presidential candidate of the modern era somehow become president.

Everything feels like a distraction from everything else because it's all just so terrible.

I think he was on the shortlist last year but NM having a Republican governor screwed things up.

Speaking of which, how do our chances look in New Mexico next year? Martinez seems fairly reasonable, so she might not have given the Republican candidate an uphill climb like Christie in New Jersey. I assume the Democrat will be favored in a blue state after eight years of a Republican, but one should never assume.

Speaking of which, how do our chances look in New Mexico next year? Martinez seems fairly reasonable, so she might not have given the Republican candidate an uphill climb like Christie in New Jersey. I assume the Democrat will be favored in a blue state after eight years of a Republican, but one should never assume.
Term-limited, it would take a pretty special Republican to win a midterm in a blue state with a Republican president without incumbency probably.

Her approval rating as of last October is 39/49 so it's not like she'd be a shoe in even if she wasn't term-limited. I imagine that's an easy pickup.

Owzers

They probably told Joe they hoped he'd apologize to Trump so the enquirer would stop the story. Nothing wrong with hoping as we already established.

That request is such an easy thing for republicans reject. It's such a clear over stepping by the administration. Who wants all of their info that public? This isn't a ideological road block.

FLEABttn

Banned

She recently had been vetoing any bill that had been coming to her desk including popular bipartisan stuff. She's not that well liked, is seen as corrupt (but that's just New Mexico) and all the major population centers lean left to some degree. It's not going to be a given but odds are in the Dems favor.

sphagnum

Banned

Guadagno will be crushed in NJ.

Speaking of NJ, no surprise that Christie isn't joining the governors on The List. Do you think they'll suppress me because I'm a communist or they'll ignore me because I'm white?

We found a new bipartisan thing everyone can be angry about! Handing over personal info to the feds! It's every government conspiracy nut's worst nightmare. Like seriously, a detailed database of all Americans in the hands of the federal government is the sort of thing they claim they still need the 2nd Amendment for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom