• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

JettDash

Trump will absolutely fire Mueller if he thinks he can get away with it or if he thinks he may as well chance it because he knows he is guilty.

And then Republicans in Congress will probably do nothing. Unless maybe they suffer big loses in 2018.

Zolo

I imagine the main thing holding back Trump now is having already experienced the blowback from firing Comey as well as firing Rosenstein would be a 1:1 correlation to Nixon which he's aware is the president he's most compared to.

Zolo

Can Trump give himself a pardon?

If this is debated, it will likely go to the Supreme Court since it's never been resolved before.

If this goes to court, I'm also going to call any supreme court that says it does a traitor because the only reason it's not specified is because it's such a mindbogglingly dumb thing to do that it should at least cause immediate impeachment, and it certainly wasn't intended to pardon oneself.

Chumley

Banned
I imagine the main thing holding back Trump now is having already experienced the blowback from firing Comey as well as firing Rosenstein would be a 1:1 correlation to Nixon which he's aware is the president he's most compared to.

Yeah, I just think when push comes to shove he's going to fight like a fucking madman and not care about the Nixon comparisons.

I think the Obamacare repeal is effectively dead at this point.

What I think they will likely start doing is replacing and updating single pieces, and play many of them up as monumental achievements. I expect that change to Medicaid to have a Block Grant option will actually get through. I expect them to make a solid effort to try to remove the individual/employer mandate, but be unsuccessful. They will also make solid efforts to remove the 3.8% Capital gains tax, which I think they will manage to weasel though by tacking it to another bill (Like the Federal Budget)
Wouldn't the Medicaid/block grant thing require 60 votes, though?

Gotta be more bombs this week if the Trump Jnr Russia story dropped on Sunday huh?
I feel like this is just a taste for the coming weeks stories.

JettDash

What if Republicans lose the House in 2018 and pass Obamacare repeal before the new Congress takes over because they decide they may never have another opportunity and the ones who lost have nothing to lose? Is this a realistic possibility?

What if Republicans lose the House in 2018 and pass Obamacare repeal before the new Congress takes over because they decide they may never have another opportunity and the ones who lost have nothing to lose? Is this a realistic possibility?
no

The bill is stalled right now in the senate, and the GOP is pretty confident they're keeping the senate in 2018. 2020 is a different story, so the senate is going to be even more careful going into 2020

JettDash

no

The bill is stalled right now in the senate, and the GOP is pretty confident they're keeping the senate in 2018. 2020 is a different story, so the senate is going to be even more careful going into 2020

That's right. They have a good map in 2018 but 2020 is a different story. Legit forgot.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
And here it is

@realDonaldTrump:
James Comey leaked CLASSIFIED INFORMATION to the media. That is so illegal!

Do we even know for a fact he leaked classified stuff to the media? We know some of his memos were marked classified but we don't know which ones were leaked.

lush

Lord, did we not go down this road both during and for weeks after the Comey hearing?

What a yawn inducing tweet this morning.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

lush

MVJgN2n.jpg

tfslMLT.jpg

Crocodile

I'm going to laugh if Angela Merkel puts out a statement saying "nah son I don't agree"

Also LOL Chelsea would be nuked from orbit by the media if she did the same thing

chadskin

Do we even know for a fact he leaked classified stuff to the media? We know some of his memos were marked classified but we don't know which ones were leaked.

Not to mention he technically didn't even leak the memos to the press, he gave them to a friend who read parts of them to journalists.

Also if the author of The Hill story, John Solomon, is the same John Solomon who founded Circa which is now owned by Sinclair and has been rather Trump-friendly, there are probably reasons to be skeptical: http://www.niemanlab.org/2017/07/in...ependent-minded-millennials-and-sean-hannity/

But whatever the real story, nothing will come of it. Then-deputy SoS Richard Armitage leaked information to the Washington Post that led to the identification of a covert CIA operative in the Plame affair and he never faced legal troubles. What Comey did is so insignificant in the grand scheme of things, it's just one more partisan sideshow to the Trump-Russia affair.

Wilsongt

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

I cannot imagine that Congress would dare to leave Washington without a beautiful new HealthCare bill fully approved and ready to go!
6:47 AM · Jul 10, 2017

"Beautiful"

He is certainly on a roll retweeting Hannity and other fox garbage. He missed his morning medis egp stroke I suppose. Not enough of it in Europe.

Yes, he should keep pressuring and slamming Congressional Republicans, who might boot him if he damages their approval ratings enough since they might as well have Pence if they plan on losing anyway. What a smart strategy.

PBY

Banned
Idiot tweets irrational things that don't make sense and aren't relevant. Nothing changes.

Rinse repeat forever.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
But both Republican and Democratic Secretaries of State, who are responsible for carrying out elections in many states, said they have been frustrated in recent months by a lack of information from federal intelligence officials on allegations of Russian meddling with the vote. They say that despite the best efforts by federal officials, it may be too late in to make substantive changes.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...icials-gather-amid-uproar-voter-data-48517134

Gee, it's almost as if this is purposeful.

Diablos

I think the Obamacare repeal is effectively dead at this point.

What I think they will likely start doing is replacing and updating single pieces, and play many of them up as monumental achievements. I expect that change to Medicaid to have a Block Grant option will actually get through. I expect them to make a solid effort to try to remove the individual/employer mandate, but be unsuccessful. They will also make solid efforts to remove the 3.8% Capital gains tax, which I think they will manage to weasel though by tacking it to another bill (Like the Federal Budget)
Newt Gingrich might get the last laugh. If Dems fail to win back the House it may make more sense to wait until after 2018 to repeal because the Senate map is horrible for Democrats. By then, who even knows what Trump EO's and/or Price will do to the ACA.

Plinko

Josh Rogin‏Verified account @joshrogin

.@KellyannePolls to @ChrisCuomo on Donald Jr: "Let's focus on what did not happen in that meeting."

Yeah, OK.

Guys, obviously Trump didn't give the USA away. He made a great deal, a beautiful deal, tremendous deal and Russia accepted.

But seriously, that tweet is just amazing. He's still thinking of Hillary?

Ac30

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

I cannot imagine that Congress would dare to leave Washington without a beautiful new HealthCare bill fully approved and ready to go!
6:47 AM · Jul 10, 2017

"Beautiful"

He is certainly on a roll retweeting Hannity and other fox garbage. He missed his morning medis egp stroke I suppose. Not enough of it in Europe.

It is beautiful, this circus I mean. Congress pushes the shitty bill, people vote them out in 2018. They don't push the shitty bill, Trump roasts them on twitter and his nutty followers go along with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom