• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trashy cable networks "bring the fire" only when it will boost their ratings. Surprise, surprise.

We needed the incisive questions last year.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
And here it is

@realDonaldTrump:
James Comey leaked CLASSIFIED INFORMATION to the media. That is so illegal!
I read "That is so illegal!" in a family guy Peter Griffin voice. It fits.

Do we even know for a fact he leaked classified stuff to the media? We know some of his memos were marked classified but we don't know which ones were leaked.
Technically none of the memos were leaked to the media. Just their existence and descriptions of some of their content. He could still be in trouble if the memos he shared with his friend to tell the press were classified, but it appears he did not give them all to the friend anyway.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Donald Trump Jr.‏Verified account @DonaldJTrumpJr

Donald Trump Jr. Retweeted DRUDGE REPORT

Obviously I'm the first person on a campaign to ever take a meeting to hear info about an opponent... went nowhere but had to listen.

I can't even at this point.

I'm pretty sure Comey only leaked information he declassified himself. This narrative was pushed back when Comey admitted to leaking. Fox and Friends must be real desperate to shift the discussion away from Trump Jr.'s confession.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Bill Kristol makes a really good point: How in the world would the three White House advisers even know about Trump Jr.'s meeting with Russia if the campaign hadn't been notified/part of it?

Thaedolus

Guys, GUYS!!! It doesn't matter cause we didn't get anything out of it. And she was talking about adoption which is totally not about sanctions and a quid pro quo situation if she actually had something.

Crocodile

Recommend Reading

The Remaking of Donald Trump
(Went from TV celeb popular with minorities to a pariah for the sake of winning)

America’s First Postmodern President
(Degradation of facts and role of media in election of Trump)

The Problem With Participatory Democracy Is the Participants
(IDs issue of Political Hobbyism but doesn't really offer solution)

Andrew Cuomo Could Beat Trump … If He Can Win Over the Left First
(The case for Cuomo for President! I'm curious what other New Yorkers think. Also Teachout has been involved in NY politics way more than I thought she was)

PBY

Banned
Recommend Reading

The Remaking of Donald Trump
(Went from TV celeb popular with minorities to a pariah for the sake of winning)

America’s First Postmodern President
(Degradation of facts and role of media in election of Trump)

The Problem With Participatory Democracy Is the Participants
(IDs issue of Political Hobbyism but doesn't really offer solution)

Andrew Cuomo Could Beat Trump … If He Can Win Over the Left First
(The case for Cuomo for President! I'm curious what other New Yorkers think. Also Teachout has been involved in NY politics way more than I thought she was)
Fuck Cuomo. As a NYer, no thanks.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
I can't tell if Junior straight up admitting to it is because he's a moron or if there's a more damaging second part to this story coming and they know there's no point denying the meeting.

Again, just to bring it up again, we have no idea where Manafort and Flynn are. They could very well be squeeling. I think Flynn would be most likely as his son is involved.

I can't tell if Junior straight up admitting to it is because he's a moron or if there's a more damaging second part to this story coming and they know there's no point denying the meeting.
Moron. These people ran everything like Mafia and behaved like a Mafia family. No one questioned them.

Blader

Cuomo is exactly the kind of nominee I can see losing the election. And if "winning over the left" is a challenge that has yet to be overcome by a potential candidate now, then they're not gonna make it.

He's a moron. Joy Reid put it nicely: these are not seasoned politicos, they're just looking for election help from their Russian business friends.

Denying something when there's no point in denying it has already been a running theme in this whole fiasco.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Again, just to bring it up again, we have no idea where Manafort and Flynn are. They could very well be squeeling. I think Flynn would be most likely as his son is involved.
I can't remember which thread I saw it in, but there was an article that seemed to imply Manafort has dished some dirt. It would make sense how this meeting got out.

Remember there's also Page, who met with the FBI for ten hours, so there are plausibly three people flapping their mouths to investigators.

I can't even at this point.
Literally admitting to it. Fascinating.

I'm not sure if he'll try and fire Mueller yet but I think a pardon for his family will happen sooner rather than later

And then he'll say "they aren't guilty of anything. But I pardoned them anyway so the FAKE NEWS MEDIA won't bother them any more. They are innocent but I pardoned them. Got it."

Mad Dog off-script:
DEYZBiOXgAASlfm.jpg:large

http://mihsislander.org/2017/06/full-transcript-james-mattis-interview/

Not now, no. But what's the timeline on New York's single payer passage and rollout?

That can only happen if the Dems that have gone rogue support it. Right now we have a couple of Dems that caucus with the Republicans. Wonder how their supporters feel when they see that the Dems they've been supporting, have been doing the opposite of what they want.

I would vote for Cuomo if he somehow survived a primary, but I really don't want to get to that point. I think we have better options.

Trumpers pretending to be progressives would stir up some Buster shit for sure.

That can only happen if the Dems that have gone rogue support it. Right now we have a couple of Dems that caucus with the Republicans. Wonder how their supporters feel when they see that the Dems they've been supporting, have been doing the opposite of what they want.
Do you know how New York plans to fund their single payer system? Was reading this article and began to wonder. (I'm at work so if the explanation was in there, apologies).

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/7/10/15932446/how-to-pay-for-single-payer

Hi fuck this country

DEYlHxuXYAAS5v9.jpg

Hmm that college university one is sad.

Do you know how New York plans to fund their single payer system? Was reading this article and began to wonder. (I'm at work so if the explanation was in there, apologies).

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/7/10/15932446/how-to-pay-for-single-payer

I'm not entirely sure, but I know in general revamping taxes would be a way. As right now our industry is way more expensive then countries with single payer. So it should be cheaper on the people, but we'd still need to be taxed more. So take a little more every pay check instead of going broke on some type of emergency. The thing is people don't trust the government, so they might not trust that their dollars are being spent properly. That said, I'm not sure how NY was planing to do it.

Living up to your username and avatar as always. Must be tiring being wrong all the time about everything you post.

What's wrong about it? We know what he did was inappropriate: http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...opinion-the-damaging-case-against-james-comey

And we know he thought he was slick leaking information: http://origin-nyi.thehill.com/polic...-comey-followed-careful-plan-in-leaking-memos

And it turns out everything he scolded Hillary for in terms of handling information he seems to have done after he was fired.

Hopfrog

Pretty sad when Republicans think banks have more of a positive effect than universities. On one side we have the financial crisis, on the other some conservative speakers got their feelings hurt by "intolerant Leftist" college students?

Seems balanced.

What's wrong about it? We know what he did was inappropriate: http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...opinion-the-damaging-case-against-james-comey

And we know he thought he was slick leaking information: http://origin-nyi.thehill.com/polic...-comey-followed-careful-plan-in-leaking-memos

And it turns out everything he scolded Hillary for in terms of handling information he seems to have done after he was fired.

None of the shit he leaked was even close to classified. WTF are you talking about? LOL

He could do whatever he pleases with his notes that have nothing to do with anything... (at that point)

Also since when somebody's opinion means "WE KNOW"??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom