• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
omg. Throwback to my favorite post in that thread:

I'm saying she's a holdover and part of the Republicans that are willing to torpedo Trump at any opportunity. Not once did she say anything supportive of him during the entire general election.

I know, I'm referring to the slut-shamey aspects of your post.

Remember when we thought that the #CubanMistressCrisis was going to sink Ted Cruz?

Also, we should be so, so very thankful that the two Authoritarianesque Presidents we've had have both been fucking manchilds. Can you imagine the damage if Trump's team was organized?

Remember when we thought that the #CubanMistressCrisis was going to sink Ted Cruz?

Also, we should be so, so very thankful that the two Authoritarian Presidents we've had have both been fucking manchilds. Can you imagine the damage if Trump's team was organized?

Now you've sounded the benji alarm.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
No one is talking about guns anymore now that Obummer is out of office.

Trump solved America's gun problem!

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
And no guns are smoking either. But I see a shit load of guns vaping 🤔

PBY

Banned
Making fun of someone broadcasting an affair is not "slut-shaming".

Eh sure if you frame it that way, but I'm not comfortable going here. It's not relevant to what we're discussing anyways - so why post it, especially given that she hasn't owned that photo?

Pretty sure her life would be even more fucked than it currently is.

Oh, no argument. She would've become a joke and faced the stigma no matter when it happened.

But at least today she'd have made more money and gotten a few reality shows for her pain and suffering.

I mean, besides the one she hosted that no one remembers.

I guess the investigators are going after Trump Jr ? It looks like they are trying to flip more people.

I mean, that's probably their best shot at taking down Trump himself, at least in regards to his colluding with Russia on the election (he's already provided the world a clear case of obstruction of justice due to his idiocy). They'll flip as many people involved as possible to solidify as much as possible that Trump was definitely involved with the collusion himself.

Zolo

And Eric Trump has that New York charity case the attorney general will probably go after. Not sure what the punishment for that would be.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
At this point, the only person Mueller isn't investigating (that we know of) is Ivanka.

chadskin

Trump Jr. still needs to explain this March story:

Three weeks before Election Day, Donald Trump Jr. left the campaign trail and the country to speak at a private dinner in Paris organized by an obscure pro-Russia group that promotes Kremlin foreign policy initiatives and has since nominated Russian President Vladimir Putin for the Nobel Peace Prize.

A key organizer of the event later told reporters she flew to Moscow to brief a senior Russian official about the session.

The White House referred question about the president’s son to the Trump Organization. A spokeswoman for the Trump business did not initially respond to questions from ABC News about why Donald Trump Jr. flew to France for the session during a critical phase of the presidential campaign, who arranged for him to attend, whether he was paid, what was discussed or if anyone vetted the group before he went.

After publication, a Trump Organization spokeswoman told ABC News, “Donald Trump Jr. has been participating in business related speaking engagements for over a decade – discussing a range of topics including sharing his entrepreneurial experiences and offering career specific advice." The Trump Organization declined to respond when asked how much Trump Jr. was paid for his appearance.

At the time, Trump was commanding a speaking fee of “$50,001 and above,” according to his speaker bureau’s website.

The group sponsoring the session, the Center of Political and Foreign Affairs (CPFA), was founded by a wealthy French businessman and his partner, who are reported to have made major investments in Russia.

“They are openly linked with the Russians,” said Renaud Girard, a French opinion writer who served as the moderator of the session Trump attended. “They don’t hide it at all.”
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ns-meeting-pro-russia-group/story?id=45858839

I mean, that's probably their best shot at taking down Trump himself, at least in regards to his colluding with Russia on the election (he's already provided the world a clear case of obstruction of justice due to his idiocy). They'll flip as many people involved as possible to solidify as much as possible that Trump was definitely involved with the collusion himself.

So far there has been very few Trump associates that has not met a Russian official and this news article has somewhat proven that the administration has lied about colluding with Russia. What is also apparent that the constant retractions and being forced make the truth is harming their legal standing. I think this is forcing the the hand of Trump's people so they can be flipped later and I think the investigators obvious knew about this, but for awhile. There's probably more terrible evidence, but the investigators might be keeping them to be used later.

Booker just came out for Medicare for All/single payer on twitter. I think that's the first time he's said that?

https://twitter.com/corybooker/status/884200533967474692

2020 Booker wins presidency by promising healthcare for all
2021 Democrats implement healthcare for all
2022 Republicans win house and senate by claiming they will repeal medicare for all
2023 Voters get mad at republicans for trying to take away their medicare
America why you so cray

It's a better question if any major Dem in 2020 won't run on Medicare for All.
Gabbard: "I oppose Medicare for All"

BernieBros: "Tulsi isn't conservative, that's just what the DNC wants you to think"

2020 Booker wins presidency by promising healthcare for all
2021 Democrats implement healthcare for all
2022 Republicans win house and senate by claiming they will repeal medicare for all
2023 Voters get mad at republicans for trying to take away their medicare
America why you so cray
tbh unless 2020 produces like a 51-49 D Senate we're probably not losing it in 2022. That map is horrid for Republicans because they overperformed last year.

Shifting demographics will probably keep Bennet and Cortez-Masto safe, really only Hassan should be vulnerable.

House will also be held under new maps which could even be a boon for us.

Christ I really hope the "D trifecta for 2 years then everything goes to hell" pattern doesn't repeat itself.

chadskin

More than half of the memos former FBI chief James Comey wrote as personal recollections of his conversations with President Trump about the Russia investigation have been determined to contain classified information, according to interviews with officials familiar with the documents.

This revelation raises the possibility that Comey broke his own agency’s rules and ignored the same security protocol that he publicly criticized Hillary Clinton for in the waning days of the 2016 presidential election.
http://thehill.com/policy/national-...s-on-trump-conversations-contained-classified

UH OH
nothing will happen

This week will be something else if we've already gotten to this point on a Sunday.

Every reporter and interviewer of every 45th Administration member absolutely must form a wall of pointed questions on this tomorrow even if not. This is the good shit.

And if they balk on that, they can answer as to why we supposedly HAVE to work with (in their own words) MOTHER RUSSIA on cybersecurity.

Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide...nowhere to run, nowhere to hide...

I have a feeling Trump had some inkling of this meeting. Too many people too close to him at trump tower at a day he was there. Also I don't know if we are sure that agalarov is the client that wanted this meeting (though it seems likely and is regardless another connection to the dossier and Russia).

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Classified after the fact? :p because that happened to Clinton too :pp

also he maintains he did not share the memos he knew to be classified at the time.

PBY

Banned
I have a feeling Trump had some inkling of this meeting. Too many people too close to him at trump tower at a day he was there. Also I don't know if we are sure that agalarov is the client that wanted this meeting (though it seems likely and is regardless another connection to the dossier and Russia).

Sure, but we have no evidence of this yet.

So far nothing has linked Trump directly to any collusive act. The dossier stuff is just pure conspiracy connect-the-dots stuff, that I won't speculate on til we have better reporting.

He is a legendary micro-manager. You do the math.

So far nothing has linked Trump directly to any collusive act. The dossier stuff is just pure conspiracy connect-the-dots stuff, that I won't speculate on til we have better reporting.

It doesn't ultimately matter. The stink of corruption is great fuel on the fire. All of my coworkers from back when I worked for a defense contractor are pissed and they're all lifelong Republicans who voted Trump. They won't vote Democrat, but half of them live in Virginia and might stay home.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

Hence why I said a feeling. Trump was really close with this guy and the agalarovs, the father of goldstone's client (who trump was in multiple music videos with it seems) who is a russian billionaire.

The dossier also seems pretty trustable given the deaths and reporting but I can understand not speculating on it.

I always wonder what the rest of the IC thinks of that NYC FBI branch that pushed for the Comey letter to happen. They basically helped elect a guy that constantly disrespects America's intelligence apparatus.

chadskin

@realDonaldTrump:
The fact that President Putin and I discussed a Cyber Security unit doesn't mean I think it can happen. It can't-but a ceasefire can,& did!

what

@realDonaldTrump:
The fact that President Putin and I discussed a Cyber Security unit doesn't mean I think it can happen. It can't-but a ceasefire can,& did!

what
giphy.gif

Classified after the fact? :p because that happened to Clinton too :pp

also he maintains he did not share the memos he knew to be classified at the time.
Yeah, this sounds like mostly nothing, but you know the usual suspects are going to try and discredit Comey & somehow the Russia investigation because of it. We already knew that some memos were classified and some were not. We also know from the Clinton investigation that disagreements or after-the-fact classification happens. And since he created memos from his personal recollections, what difference does it really make if he shared the original memo (a "government document") or another retelling of what happened.

Also, I mean, come the fuck on. If Mueller determines there was collusion, obstruction, and the rest, Comey "improperly handling" his memos so he could blow the whistle on a corrupt, treasonous administration makes him a fucking hero and patriot.

Thaedolus

@realDonaldTrump:

what

Translation: "I've just spent the day with literally everybody screaming at me for being out of my mind with this shit and I need to walk it back and save face."

That's all there is to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom