• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://thinkprogress.org/devos-sexual-assault-bf7801b8264c

Betsy DeVos meets with ‘men’s rights’ activists

The department reached out to the National Coalition for Men, SAVE: Stop Abusive and Violent Environments, and Families Advocating for Campus Equality, according to Politico.
DeVos has not taken a position on 2011 education department guidance on campus sexual assault, which expanded protections for sexual assault survivors by requiring all schools to have procedures in place to handle and quickly investigate complaints. But her decision to meet with these groups isn’t a good sign.

The National Coalition for Men, which was founded in the 1970s, has a long history of what is now known as “men’s rights activism.” One of the groups’ chapters published the photos and names of women, while calling them “false accusers.”

Its like she finds new ways to be horrible.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
The only people on the email chain are Jr, Kush, Manafort, and Goldstone. One of them leaked the emails.

I mean, BCC is also a thing. But even outside of that, people not on a recipient list for an email can still access emails. Front-end user experiences are generally tailored for us to not be able access anything outside of our own accounts, but back end technicians/admins/engineers/accounts most certainly can look at a lot of things.

Barzul

From what we know several people in the administration have known about this email and its existence for awhile. The responses to NY Times original article is telling. My money is on Kushner leaking the email. He noped out of the meeting in 10 minutes.

Tommy DJ

The only people on the email chain are Jr, Kush, Manafort, and Goldstone. One of them leaked the emails.

If that's the case, Manafort is the obvious one, considering he's completely boned if he hasn't flipped yet. He aren't leaking but he offered the emails to the authorities.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
From what we know several people in the administration have known about this email and its existence for awhile. The responses to NY Times original article is telling. My money is on Kushner leaking the email. He noped out of the meeting in 10 minutes.

That's what Rick Wilson posited. I still don't get what he stands to gain here. What is his motivation in leaking this?

Barzul

That's what Rick Wilson posited. I still don't get what he stands to gain here. What is his motivation in leaking this?

No idea except maybe to deflect attention from Trump and himself and use Jr as a fall guy and the new focus of the investigation. It might have been purely for self preservation.

Couldn't Bannon have gotten ahold of it somehow? I know he and Kushner are at odds and was the supposed leak on all those original Kushner meetings. It's not like this makes Kushner look any better.

What dealings has Hillary had with Russia? I can't really recall any off the top of my head.
This is the bit that still needs to be filled in--not necessarily actual dirt on Hillary, but the pretense. They didn't actually have anything for the meeting, apparently--was it really to lobby against the Magnitsky Act? What was the Russian angle, exactly?

sphagnum

Banned
People inside the campaign who want Trump & co gone.

(I would not rule out Bannon, whose agenda has stalled out due to Trump's incompetence.)

Why would Bannon have these emails specifically?

It would be hilarious if the Russians gave the NYT the emails to mess with the US even more.

Teggy

Josh Barro said:
If someone said offhand "this is part of Russian gov efforts to help you" & you were unaware of such efforts wouldnt you say "the what now?"

All the big Trumpers are retweeting the emails and saying basically "checkmate libruls!" Like, what do they think the emails say?

Oh man can't wait for the Fox News defense.

"Who never colluded with a foreign power to win an election"

"They're new to this, not establishment"

If he wants a pardon from Trump leaking out stuff is not a good way to get on Trumps side.

Only one person can give him a pardon, and it is Trump. Leaking out stuff that hurts Trump or his family is not a good way to get a pardon.

Trump's lawyers are advising him on this matters. This is Manafort's way to show he can ruin his family.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, this could be deliberate (factual) leaks by the "war room" to spin a narrative that it was just Donny jr being dumb, nothing more. But that strikes me as something that would absolutely backfire. My money is still on Pence loyalists inside the White House.

If the FBI statement is true that it's the first they are hearing of it it's going to snowball because I assume they already have contradictory statements from some of the involved parties.

Edit:
so

The meeting per the email was at

3PM

Donald Trump tweets about 33,000 deleted emails for the first time at

4:30 PM

AHAHAHHHHA
Email string moved the meeting to 4. He literally ran upstairs to tell daddy.
Or... daddy was there...

Tommy DJ

DEd1rq3XYAEF9-5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom