• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
So like, can the FBI or Mueller SC indict Junior for this?

He isn't part of the government, so it's not like it matters what Repubs say about this stuff.

Let's play trump tweet MadLibs
I'll play! Let me pretend I'm still in middle school.

THE FAKE NEWS MEDIA IS masticating bananas. The totally bogus Farts Dossier and LEAKs are the real wildlife smuggling. Crooked Funk God George Clinton should be in a ball gag!

Loxley

Trump could murder Hatch and he'd still defend the man from the afterlife.

"Well I deserved it, and besides 1st degree murder isn't illegal last I checked."

tenor.gif

Treason.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I guarantee Hatch is tied up in this.

Mr.Mike

America desperately needs a parliamentary system. So much bullshit could be avoided if parties dumping their leaders was normalized.

Blader

Hatch is borderline senile and will probably give up his seat for Romney next year anyway

Trump could murder Hatch and he'd still defend the man from the afterlife.

"Well I deserved it, and besides 1st degree murder isn't illegal last I checked."

Legit lol'd

He only tweeted it out BECAUSE the journalism was done. This is a hot take of temp absolute 0

You're reading it wrong, this guy was working on this story as well for well over a year and is just kind of flabbergasted that Trump Jr. would confirm it in a tweet and release emails that he's probably spent hundreds of hours tracking down, verifying, etc to make sure they held up under scrutiny or denial.

Like all they had to do was tell Trump they were doing a story and he'd spill the beans.

I guarantee Hatch is tied up in this.

Or, he hasn't really read the news/emails. This is happening pretty fast. The initial headline wasn't as terrible as the emails actually are. It's like when Feinstein came out of the Senate tram a few months ago and was swarmed by reporters and she was like, "oh god, what did he say now?". It's hard for everyone to keep up with this stuff.

Or, he doesn't care.

PBY

Banned
Steve Peoples‏Verified account
@sppeoples

Bernie Sanders tells me re: Don Jr emails: “These are very, very, very serious allegations" but “there should not be a rush to judgment"

Nothings gonna happen lol

@sppeoples

Bernie Sanders tells me re: Don Jr emails: ”These are very, very, very serious allegations" but ”there should not be a rush to judgment"

I'm sure a man who's wife is being investigated by the feds will want to parse words on making outright accusations.;)

@sppeoples

Bernie Sanders tells me re: Don Jr emails: ”These are very, very, very serious allegations" but ”there should not be a rush to judgment"

Bernie is scared shitless of chaos. He believes in the institutions and things have to work themselves out via a process. He believes if the truth is there enough people will get together and "America" will make the right choice. he talked all about this on that town hall with Kasich.

edit: oh and he has his own investigation to deal with.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
@sppeoples

Bernie Sanders tells me re: Don Jr emails: “These are very, very, very serious allegations" but “there should not be a rush to judgment"

Why anybody cares what Bernie says about this is beyond me.

Emarv

@sppeoples

Honestly at this point I feel like all of Congress is just gonna say "we'll wait for the outcome of the Mueller investigation" over and over.

Tarydax

Banned
@sppeoples

He is so fucking useless.

FiggyCal

Banned
I think the fact that DT jr is going to be on Hannity tonight is a pretty big giveaway that nothing's going to happen, or at least they don't give a shit.

@sppeoples

@milobloom
Senator Bedfellow says he might be open to possibly considering negotiating on the BCRA

It's fucking happening

@sppeoples

I mean he released a video this morning set to a heavy metal soundtrack of George Bush's ethics lawyer saying it bordered on treason, so I don't think he's pulling for Trump Jr.

Steve Peoples‏ @sppeoples 6m6 minutes ago

He calls for "methodical" investigation "to ensure everybody regardless of their political prspective understands that this process is fair"

Foffy

Banned
Man, between this and Libertarian/alt-right losing their shit to Chelsea Manning outing inequality and automation, this has been a week of interesting meltdowns.

East Lake

Thought this was a decent article about the Russian lawyer's background and her reason to set up the meeting.

Trump's Low-Level Russian Connection
The lawyer who met Donald Trump Jr. was no Kremlin power broker.

It's entirely possible that a Kremlin effort to help Trump beat Hillary Clinton reached to lower levels because that's where it was easiest to establish contact with Trump's family. But it's more likely that Veselnitskaya, the tenacious and ambitious lawyer who could pull every string in the Moscow Region, did so to get her pet issue -- the repeal of the Magnitsky Act, which was getting her major client in trouble -- in front of some important Americans. That kind of effort would have been on the right level.

Even if that meeting didn't help, Veselnitskaya has every reason to be happy Trump won. He fired U.S. Attorney Bharara in March, and in May, the case in which Denis Katsyv was involved ended in a surprise $6 million settlement, agreed by Bharara's successor Joon Kim. Katsyv escaped with just the payment, without admitting any guilt. No lawyer in Veselnitskaya's situation could have asked for more.

teiresias

Was the email itself released early enough today that there were real-time reactions to it on Morning Joe?

@sppeoples

Awww, the lefty savior that's currently under investigation being useless and wishy-washy about someone else under investigation. Thank god those <30 year olds have such great judgment for their "leaders."

Foffy

Banned
More deets on this?

This tweet got people like Ben Shapiro and libertarians fuckin' furious because she's supported higher taxation/UBI as a solution.

So many people talked about how the "market is just" and that there's no violent coercion in society and a jobs cult. It's fascinating to see the empty argument used as a direct knee-jerk defence mechanism when the paradigm is not only called out, but challenged.

Matt Laslo&#8207;Verified account
@MattLaslo

"I don't think this is relevant to the Trump administration" - Sen. Hatch on Trump Jr.'s emails

NOTHING FUCKING MATTERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

It definitely matters, but the GOP doesn't have a problem with it. Also, I think the following is why Don Jr. will be on Hannity tonight: http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...n-don-jrs-russia-meeting-wasnt-collusion-just

He's not worried atm about getting arrested and is still out in public.

Was the email itself released early enough today that there were real-time reactions to it on Morning Joe?

Awww, the lefty savior that's currently under investigation being useless and wishy-washy about someone else under investigation. Thank god those <30 year olds have such great judgment for their "leaders."

Steve Peoples&#8207; @sppeoples 6m6 minutes ago

He calls for "methodical" investigation "to ensure everybody regardless of their political prspective understands that this process is fair"

How dare he!

teiresias

LOL WTF IS THIS

Considering your reaction to Dems possibly working on bipartisan healthcare legislation with moderate Republicans was:

Bracing myself - if this is true (which I doubt), the Dems can get fucked. Primary every single motherfucker that helps with this.

I'd think you'd be a bit more incensed at Sanders trying to give an out to Don Jr over this. I mean, if you were consistent in your outrage you probably should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom