• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
I've not asked a question in this thread. I don't know what you mean...

Sorry - that wasn't the question we were responding to. If the GOP does nothing... then nothing will happen.

Of course we can have a discussion about what the tipping point is.

Ernest

Banned
Fox admits to pedaling fake news...
FOX & friends
✔
@foxandfriends

Correction: Comey's memos did not have top secret info. The report says half were classified at secret or confidential level, not top secret
Now we just have to wait for the president's retraction, and wait, and wait, and wait...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ideally "democrat involvement" would mean like 5 R senators working with democrats to make a bill that isn't awful, but that doesn't sound like something that would survive past the very early "let's see if this crazy idea can work" phase.

PBY

Banned
Ideally "democrat involvement" would mean like 5 R senators working with democrats to make a bill that isn't awful, but that doesn't sound like something that would survive past the very early "let's see if this crazy idea can work" phase.

And still fuck every Dem that helps - we don't know what the bill does, but name a single Republican senator that sees eye-to-eye with Dems on healthcare.

A Russia story breaking is like the bat signal for JWiLL. Got to rush in to discredit it.

I do admire the restraint in not outright saying "fake news" though.

chadskin

The June 3, 2016, email sent to Donald Trump Jr. could hardly have been more explicit: One of his father’s former Russian business partners had been contacted by a senior Russian government official and was offering to provide the Trump campaign with dirt on Hillary Clinton.

The documents “would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father,” read the email, written by a trusted intermediary, who added, “This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.”

If the future president’s elder son was surprised or disturbed by the provenance of the promised material — or the notion that it was part of an ongoing effort by the Russian government to aid his father’s campaign — he gave no indication.

He replied within minutes: “If it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/11/us/politics/trump-russia-email-clinton.html

Well then. Lock him up?

Jr. is a fucking idiot, holy shit. It incriminates him by saying she's working on behalf of the Russian government. It cannot be said enough how dumb these mother fuckers are.

Crocodile

@PBY: I mean I think there is a limit to how shitty a bill can be that any Democrat would sign on upon but the sense I'm getting is that you want the Ds to 100% play politics and offer no help even if that results in the worst outcome and the most number of people losing their healthcare. I mean that fine to argue that - play politics and do what is most likely to win you the next election rather than help the most number of people because in the long run winning the election would help the most number of people. I just want to make sure that is what you're arguing.

Barzul

Sorry but if he doesn't get indicted or convicted for something, I no longer believe in the rule of law in the country. This is a smoking gun to at least get Jr.

PBY

Banned
@PBY: I mean I think there is a limit to how shitty a bill can be that any Democrat would sign on upon but the sense I'm getting is that you want the Ds to 100% play politics and offer no help even if that results in the worst outcome and the most number of people losing their healthcare. I mean that fine to argue that - play politics and do what is most likely to win you the next election rather than help the most number of people because in the long run winning the election would help the most number of people. I just want to make sure that is what you're arguing.

I just don't want them to negotiate to the center. Which is what is going to happen - its not about playing politics, its about the fact that if the D's play ball, there will inevitably be bargaining which will make Obamacare worse. I reserve judgement to see the outcome of this, but I'm not hopeful.

FiggyCal

Banned
Him tweeting it kind of makes the NYTimes story legitimate right? (Edit: even more legitimate).

Also I don't see anything about the Russian adoptions.

This whole Russian lawyer story seems off.

It seems like maybe she got the meeting under a false pretense then pleaded with Don Jr. to "please think of the babies".

After careful consideration if he could hunt the babies or not, Jr. decided to call the meeting. Kushner had left 20 minutes earlier because he's a finely tuned sociopath who could smell her intentions the moment he walked in.

Don Jr. was certainly hoping for damaging info on Clinton...but I don't know if I buy her as actually being a Russian agent. She looks like a soccer mom

lmao this post does not age well after don jr's email post

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow. Direct evidence, and I guarantee this is only the beginning. This also means nearly everything else done after this point was under the understanding that the Russian government was involved. Nobody can claim ignorance any more.

I'm really sick of these shit hot takes. It's just so popular to spout this trash.

The Republicans are not some mildless cult -- they just only give a shit about passing their evil legislation. Once Trump is more a liability than a benefit as the annoying warm body in the WH, they will turn on him.

At the scenario above, the public outcry would likey be enough to get us down the road of them turning and installing President Pence.

LOL what? How is that a "hot take?" Have you watched anything republicans have done over the past 8 years? They aren't going to turn on him because of the damage it would cause the party.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Wow. Direct evidence, and I guarantee this is only the beginning. This also means nearly everything else done after this point was under the understanding that the Russian government was involved. Nobody can claim ignorance any more.

Kush & Manafort are on the last email.

Everything post June 6, 2016 gets tainted in this new light. I don't understand how Trump Jr. just gave all this up so willingly.

barber

I ...
What..
REALLY?!
How can you be SO IDIOTIC? I guess they knew the NYT had the email chain and prefered to save face by saying that, but still that is clear proof that he went to meet another country's intelligence to get information about his political oponnent. HOW DO YOU NOT JUST KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT?!?!

Mike M

Nick N
WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT.

I have real low opinions of the intellect of Trump's whole imbecilic family, but I can't bring myself to believe that they're not at least thinking they're making some slightly less stupid play by doing this.

Tommy DJ

People inside the campaign who want Trump & co gone.

(I would not rule out Bannon, whose agenda has stalled out due to Trump's incompetence.)

I'm on my phone so I can't see these emails but I figure that these emails are private between the people (eg. lawyer, Jr, Manafort, Kushner) in question. If that's the case, who the hell is getting these emails and leaking?

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Russia being #FakeNews narrative is likely dead. You really can't use that anymore. His fucking son is in on it.

He doesn't even look like a Trump! Probably a liberal synth implanted in Melania by the #FakeInstitute !

#FakeSon #MakeTheCommonWealthGreatAgain

NY Times treated this perfectly

Put out a little info

Let Don Jr make up an excuse

Put out a little more info

Let Don Jr change his story

BAM HERE'S THE PROOF

Because the NYT had it already and it was coming out regardless.

Problem for him: They likely have more.
But.. there's no getting ahead of this?

No amount of PR can get ahead of confirming I collided with a foreign power to win an election.

Question is: who the fuck gave them these emails?
Pence/Priebus?

Or Mueller gave them to the Times to leak to put pressure on Jr?

I don't believe it's Kushner since the backlash affects him too closely since he was at meeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom