• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, WSJ is reporting that the new senate bill will keep the payroll and investment taxes

https://www.wsj.com/articles/senate...as-taxes-on-high-income-households-1499794004

One of the reasons the GOP wants to change the law is because of taxes. Would keeping it in place make it harder for tax reform? Regardless, I doubt conservatives are going to like it.

If they get Democrats on board the bill itself will have significant changes and their will be disagreements. Technically, in this case the Democrats have a lot of bargaining power. If the Republicans need Democrats to change the bill that means they don't have enough to pass it on their own.

Atenhaus

MORE. TO. COME.

tenor.gif

Or do you honestly believe what Don Jr is saying that nothing material was provided? Same chump who provided 3 different stories over 48 hours?

I believe it, but don't think it matters as far as whether he's in hot water. It's possible he could be locked up for seeking information from a foreign national about criminal conduct by someone else against the US. As Turley noted, it depends on the interpretation and the irony in this story is off the charts.

They're not giving up any information, are they? Referring all questions about Russia to outside counsel. Things are getting really serious.

Blader

Team Trump is super silent right now. I can't imagine there isn't a huge divide right now between them. I just need to know how this leaked. What the he'll is going on? Is it pence?

Pence is a loyal foot soldier. He wants to be president someday for sure, but by all accounts he doesn't have a surreptitious bone in his body.

Bishman

Senator Joe Manchin Interview with Cenk Uygur on The Young Turks

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/341468-manchin-defends-voting-record-in-interview-with-liberal-the-young-turks

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) defended his record during an at times contentious interview with a progressive news outlet as he looks to shore up his left flank ahead of a tough Senate reelection bid.

Manchin sat down with The Young Turks' Cenk Uygur Tuesday morning on the site's subscription-only streaming service, where Manchin defended his voting record that's been ranked as the most conservative for a Democrat in the Senate.

"We are a product of the West Virginia environment through some challenging times ...I 'm fiscally responsible and socially compassionate," Manchin said.

"My family always taught me i had a responsibility to give back and contribute."

Progressives have chafed at Manchin's moderate voting record for a while, but have become emboldened ever since the election of President Trump. Many believe the only answer to Trump's agenda is total obstruction and have been frustrated by Manchin's willingness to vote for certain nominees and a recent arms deal with Saudi Arabia.

During the interview, Manchin defended himself from questions over his environmental record, arguing that he thinks there is a "balance between the environment and the economy" and disputing claims that every stream in the state is contaminated by noting that he regularly eats fish from a stream.

And while Manchin wouldn't label himself a progressive, noting that it depends on his definition, he pitched himself as compassionate.

"On issues, progressive means are you are supportive of things that helps peoples' lives," he said.

"A Republican goes to the bottom line every time. When it comes down to weighing as a human being, they are going to go to the bottom line. A true Democrat will go to the bottom of your heart."

Manchin toed the progressive line on the issue of campaign financing, arguing that money is "destroying politics as we know it." He backed the move to end political spending from super PACs and dark-money groups while also calling for a move to cut down the time politicians spend on campaigning.

John Harwood‏Verified account @JohnJHarwood 3m3 minutes ago
more @RogerJStoneJr: "President must move aggressively to indict Brennan, Clapper, Rice and yes Obama for unconstitutional surveillance" /2

John Harwood‏Verified account @JohnJHarwood 4m4 minutes ago
on Trump Jr emails, Roger Stone tells me: "Nothing Don Jr did was illegal or improper. last gasp of Clapper-Brennan Russian fairytale" /1

Keep fucking that chicken Roger boy

Aren't they primarying Manchin? lol
Now I'm just imagining a Cenk vs. Manchin primary.

I don't think Manchin will ever switch parties, he's fairly left-of-center of economic issues that don't have to deal with coal. 2014 was his opportunity, doing so now would be dumb.

Like, no shade, good for him for doing this. I would not.
Yeah this is pretty ballsy, and it looks like he held his own. Dissuading a serious primary challenge would be best for him, he's pretty popular in West Virginia but I could see the bottom falling out quickly.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
There is one thing in the emails that bugs me a lot. At one part, it says "I can send to your father [Trump Sr] via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to to send it to you [Trump Jr] first"

Why is Trump Jr considered a better way to route ultra sensitive information though, instead of giving it directly to Trump Sr? This just doesn't sit right, it feels like there is something else here.

This crime family knowingly colluded with a foreign country. Lock them up! It should be that simple in a just world where the rich could be held accountable.

jtb

Banned
Manchin has been playing 2018 very smart. He won't switch parties, and he's been doing an all-out liberal media push to kill a primary challenge before it gains any momentum. He was impressive on PSA (admittedly, they threw him one non-softball Q and they obviously are going to prop up his re-election) and said all the right things for a D in Trump territory.

Also Cenk is a horrible interviewer. I get that it's a webcam interview, but how about asking a fucking follow-up Q instead of a smug "uh huh okay"

I feel the slightest twinge of sympathy for Jr. here. This is the kind of thing a dad who literally can't think of anything good to say about his son would say.
I actually pity all the Trumps. All of them seem miserable except maaaybe Ivanka. Donald is a billionaire president married to a model, and I wouldn't want to switch places with that poor bastard. He is a pitiful monster, like Grendel, except I think Grendel's mother loved him.

tbm24

There is one thing in the emails that bugs me a lot. At one part, it says "I can send to your father [Trump Sr] via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to to send it to you [Trump Jr] first"

Why is Trump Jr considered a better way to route ultra sensitive information though, instead of giving it directly to Trump Sr? This just doesn't sit right, it feels like there is something else here.
You think Trump uses emails?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom