• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I mean, I'm fine with Trump forcing the GOP to keep bringing back BCRA. Just gives more political ammunition for democrats in 2018/2020 elections.

Literally nobody outside of Trump's cult fans wants this bill to pass.

Diablos

Why does reporting on literally anything the SC says or does have to be so horrible
8 years of Bush and Ginsburg/Breyer underestimating the importance of stepping down before the 2014 midterms

They are of a different political era and underestimate potential future conservative justices and what they'll do to the court and this nation

Zolo

Why does reporting on literally anything the SC says or does have to be so horrible

Because it's generally more complicated than a single tweet. I figured it was good news since I was already under the impression that they were given the 'ok' to enforce the ban weeks ago, and the Hawaiian ruling was allowed to stand that broadened those that can come over Today.

Barzul

I mean, I'm fine with Trump forcing the GOP to keep bringing back BCRA. Just gives more political ammunition for democrats in 2018/2020 elections.

Not sure this is a good thing. What if they wear down the news cycles and just stealth pass it. I mean it's possible right.

Not sure this is a good thing. What if they wear down the news cycles and just stealth pass it. I mean it's possible right.

lol you can't stealth pass a bill thats going to get rid of healthcare for like 20 million people, despite what republicans say about how Obamacare was passed.

again the only reason it got to this point was that the house wanted to kick the can down the road and blame someone else, actually getting people to vote for this garbage is pretty damn hard.

At some point they'll just start ignoring him because he has no sway and isn't even interested in the details or lifting a finger beyond opening his mouth about it. I'm surprised the leadership keeps following his lead hes a lame duck.

Every republican is trying to get to yes so I don't trust any of them.

"From the authors of the Breitbart #1 bestseller Getting to Yes comes the next installment in this riveting saga of political intrigue and indifference to human suffering: How I Got to Yes: A Moderate Darling's Brief, Bipartisan Struggle with Indecision Before Voting for the Bill Anyway.

Ernest

Banned
Trump just told senators not to leave town until the health care bill is passed...

Fucking LOL!!!

He thinks these guys are his employees at Trump Tower.

Kevinroc

Shocking! Price's HHS analysis says the Cruz amendment is actually awesome, will totally lower premiums and boost enrollment.

https://twitter.com/larry_levitt/status/887738035609022464

The HHS analysis seems to compare the ACA with and without the Cruz amendment. It doesn't appear to incorporate the BCRA at all.

https://twitter.com/MattAFiedler/status/887736868678381570

Far from the only issue, but HHS's assumption that ACA subsidies stay in place in all scenarios likely has significant effect on results.

Drudge's criticism has me wondering, do we think that they've begun to set the stage for a Trump ouster? Every conservative outlet, including Fox, has chided, shaded, or even openly rebuked him in recent days.

I surmise that they know they can't boot him unceremoniously; they have to sell the idea gradually to their angry, brainwashed viewers. Thankfully, that group responds well to influence and propaganda, so if they keep at it, they'll eventually change some opinions.

kirblar

Drudge's criticism has me wondering, do we think that they've begun to set the stage for a Trump ouster? Every conservative outlet, including Fox, has chided, shaded, or even openly rebuked him in recent days.

I surmise that they know they can't boot him unceremoniously; they have to sell the idea gradually to their angry, brainwashed viewers. Thankfully, that group responds well to influence and propaganda, so if they keep at it, they'll eventually change some opinions.
They need to blame everything on him so that they can run in 2020 without him bringing him down. (this won't work)

I think that might be giving the mass hive-mind of the Republican party too much credit. They'll flip back to their Trump-loving ways the moment Trump does something remotely praise-worthy. Trump just happens to be extraordinarily bad at his job.

No. They know the President gets printouts of right wing news sites and he watches A LOT of cable news, what they are doing is shitting on him because they know he is very self conscious and can't stand being criticized especially from the right so he will retaliate and blame it on the rest of the GOP. And its working its why he doesn't want them to go home. He doesn't give a shit about the bill he only cares about not being criticized on right wing news outlets.

Has Drudge specifically targeted Trump? From what I've seen he has been congressional republicans, specifically the leadership.

No. They know the President gets printouts of right wing news sites and he watches A LOT of cable news, what they are doing is shitting on him because they know he is very self conscious and can't stand being criticized especially from the right so he will retaliate and blame it on the rest of the GOP. And its working its why he doesn't want them to go home. He doesn't give a shit about the bill he only cares about not being criticized on right wing news outlets.

But couldn't that strategy backfire? They get Trump to criticize the rest of the GOP, those sitting GOP members get primaried by loonies, and Democrats win in November 2018, ultimately stymieing the conservative agenda.

dramatis

Isn't the Washington Examiner the right-wing news source?
It's not the Examiner that's the problem in this equation honestly. Price's HHS is obligated to say Cruz amendment is awesome because they don't deal in facts there, they just come up with fake stuff to support their case.

Paches

So which bill are they gonna vote on motion to proceed? Repeal and replace later or the original bill + Cruz amendment? No amendment?

sangreal

Shocking! Price's HHS analysis says the Cruz amendment is actually awesome, will totally lower premiums and boost enrollment.

This HHS 'analysis' needs to be mocked so thoroughly that nobody thinks to try such a brazenly partisan hack job again

So which bill are they gonna vote on motion to proceed? Repeal and replace later or the original bill + Cruz amendment? No amendment?

The AHCA I believe. The other texts won't be inserted until the debate begins

kirblar

http://www.andrewbenjaminhall.com/Hall_Thompson_Base_Turnout.pdf
DFHp5flU0AAc_zw.jpg:large
Going full left or right is a bad idea! (And I'd make the argument that Trump didn't run as one, he just lied his ass off and said what people wanted to hear because he's a compulsive liar!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom