• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

There are many more people in the country who strongly disapprove of Trump than who strongly approve, though, so what does that 72 vs. 61 percent really mean?

There are many more people in the country who strongly disapprove of Trump than who strongly approve, though, so what does that 72 vs. 61 percent really mean?

We're also looking at a shrinking gap between Republicans and Democrats likely to vote between October 2016 and this data. Considering Hilary also won the popular vote, this poll is more good news than bad news.

Never the less, we still need to get shit done in 2018.

Maxim726X

Fair, but still indicative of a larger issue that exists in the party: What are they selling? What is it that's going to get people out to the polls?

As we've seen, it's clearly not the ability to govern. It's about lofty, empty ideals coupled with equally lofty, empty campaign promises.

Embrace the Bernie talking points, even though they're impossible, and get people excited about the party. They really can't afford to lose more ground by 2020.

I still say we're one bad hurricane away from Trump's diehard support disintegrating. He hasn't faced a single crisis that wasn't his own doing.

jmdajr

Could you imagine the position the US would be in right now after 8 years of Obama without the 2010+ Republicans in congress?

1cl7u4.jpg

Pyrokai

Trump says there shouldn't be a recess until the Republicans get their damn healthcare:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/887717081290092545

Reuters: TRUMP SAYS TO SENATORS 'FRANKLY I DON'T THINK WE SHOULD LEAVE TOWN' WITHOUT APPROVING HEALTHCARE LEGISLATION

https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/887715120176037888

Lunch going good.

I won't rest until I know this lunch was a disaster.

Are all the GOP Senators there except Burr? Are Collins and Murkowski there?

Laura Litvan‏Verified account
@LauraLitvan
Follow
More
Trump tells Senate GOP they promised to act on health care, and now is the time. Replace, not just repeal, is best path

COVERING ALL THE BASES

Seriously, this is a coherent mess

CNN chyron: 'Feds should focus on "big problems," not health care.'

Oh, and the new-new GOP bill is going to protect pre-existing conditions despite no mandate via voodoo, apparently.

What were the DC courts modifications? Do grandparents count now?

Yes grandparents count, as in they can enter the country. The AP Tweet was a bit misinformed. The Supreme Court is letting it stand UNTIL the Federal Courts make a judgement, which would be against the ban basically.

Yes grandparents count. The AP Tweet was a bit misinformed. The Supreme Court is letting it stand UNTIL the Federal Courts make a judgement, which would be against the ban basically.
Wonder if they'll strike down the entire ban - Kennedy and Roberts were on the winning team this time, so hopefully they're persuadable. Maybe they won't even take up that case, letting the inevitable 9th circuit ruling remain in place.

Do you think that Trump actually thinks one lunch will fix everything?
Capito: "This is going to kick everyone in West Virginia off their health insurance"

Trump: "Look - forget the little shit. I mean, West Virginia, who even lives there?"

kirblar

Do you think that Trump actually thinks one lunch will fix everything?
Trump is used to making a fake deal, getting the benefits, and then going back on his promise to pay.

So of course he does.

The problem is that politics is not a business relationship and is a repetitive game, not a one-off contract.

Trump is used to making a fake deal, getting the benefits, and then going back on his promise to pay.

So of course he does.

The problem is that politics is not a business relationship and is a repetitive game, not a one-off contract.
Yeah Trump has never been in a position of actual negotiation. It's always been in situations where he can just buy someone off (like a city inspector) or an agreement where both parties benefit (hiring a contractor - Trump gets a building, contractor gets paid, then Trump cuts and runs).

Trump trending down on Gallup. 39-38-37 over the last three days.

Hard to tell with Gallup but I wouldn't be surprised if he hits a new floor. ACA repeal failing is the biggie, that's easily the one thing base Republicans wanted most from his presidency (save for the fringe element who actually cares about the wall I guess). He also took Ls on the Iran deal and travel ban, and now Drudge has been shitting on him for the past few days from what I've seen. Even Fox News has thrown some shade his way.

I don't expect there to be a mass exodus of supporters or anything, but rather a continued erosion of support. He's been on a downward trend since day 1. I would say the 30% that said they'd blame Democrats for no ACA replacement is probably his floor until he fucks up a natural disaster, or terrorist attack or recession or something.

Someone should tell the orange cunt that these are peoples' lives he's playing with, and with the spending as large as a small european country's GDP. Maybe treat the process with a little more respect and dignity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom