• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premiums would double? LOL

Not only make 32m uninsured but double the premiums of existing insurance holders. Holy shit talk about a hot flaming turd potato.

27 million by 2020. Almost a 1 in ten chance that you lose health care before that election. To say it another way, the odds of your average American knowing someone who loses health care by that election is insanely high; nearly 100%.

Hopfrog

Trump: My travel ban will be the most hated and controversial action taken by the federal government this year!

Congressional Republicans: Hold my beer...

Kinda glad there were no leaks on the whole russia/trump collusion this week. Healthcare is getting a lot of coverage and it probably wouldn't have if we got another bombshell.

Kinda glad there were no leaks on the whole russia/trump collusion this week. Healthcare is getting a lot of coverage and it probably wouldn't have if we got another bombshell.

Yeah, also getting a nice steady downward trend on Gallup approval. Healthcare kills him, whereas Russia gets attrition from the right.

(though obviously R enthusiasm for Trump is still falling)

Morts

Wasn't Jr supposed to have nothing to do with government and just run dad's business? I love that he's getting hauled in front of Congress anyway.

#winning

DFIU0mOVwAE4pIc.jpg:large

DFIUYyKU0AEw1DL.jpg:large

JWiLL

Banned
I'm glad that we gave up leverage in Syria for no benefit to us and allowed Saudi Arabia to start selling deadlier weapons to worse terror groups.

Leverage in Syria for no benefit to us? Why do we need leverage in Syria, exactly?

People can call it a "win for Putin" all they want, but the reality is it's a win for the Syrian people. Over 500,000 refugees have returned to their homes in government controlled Aleppo and Damascus this year. The cities are being rebuilt, markets re-opening, even Christian churches (which are...you know, legal there. Unlike some other neighboring countries).

He may have done terrible things, but Assad has the support of the vast majority of Syrians. I'm also not convinced he intentionally gassed civilians this year, since it made absolutely no sense strategically and his army was already winning, but that's another matter entirely.

The US will continue to make deals with SA no matter who's in power, because Petrodollar. I give a lot of credit to Rand Paul for consistently voting against those deals, despite some of his other policy ideas.

Owzers

And Fox actually has really good polling. Who knows how they might spin those numbers, but the numbers are accurate and don't look good for Don.
Over 40%, even 40% wouldn't be bad, and I'm over that, and it's only going up and up in a big way, you all know that more than anyone.

pigeon

Banned
Leverage in Syria for no benefit to us? Why do we need leverage in Syria, exactly?

People can call it a "win for Putin" all they want, but the reality is it's a win for the Syrian people. Over 500,000 refugees have returned to their homes in government controlled Aleppo and Damascus this year. The cities are being rebuilt, markets re-opening, even Christian churches (which are...you know, legal there. Unlike some other neighboring countries).

He may have done terrible things, but Assad has the support of the vast majority of Syrians. I'm also not convinced he intentionally gassed civilians this year, since it made absolutely no sense strategically and his army was already winning, but that's another matter entirely.

The US will continue to make deals with SA no matter who's in power, because Petrodollar. I give a lot of credit to Rand Paul for consistently voting against those deals, despite some of his other policy ideas.

Yay, the genocidal dictator won, just like his people always wanted!

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Shame the testimony won't be public, but so far this is shaping up to be a great week.

So you don't think Assad intentionally gassed civilians this year... because it was strategically dumb for him to do so?

What?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Is that the first time he's been a negative for economy?

Not the oppoium we need, but good enough:

Manafort Was in Debt to Pro-Russia Interests, Cyprus Records Show

Financial records filed last year in the secretive tax haven of Cyprus, where Paul J. Manafort kept bank accounts during his years working in Ukraine and investing with a Russian oligarch, indicate that he had been in debt to pro-Russia interests by as much as $17 million before he joined Donald J. Trump’s presidential campaign in March 2016.

The money appears to have been owed by shell companies connected to Mr. Manafort’s business activities in Ukraine when he worked as a consultant to the pro-Russia Party of Regions. The Cyprus documents obtained by The New York Times include audited financial statements for the companies, which were part of a complex web of more than a dozen entities that transferred millions of dollars among them in the form of loans, payments and fees.

Bradd Jaffy @BraddJaffy
·
NYT: Paul Manafort was in debt to pro-Russia interests by as much as $17 million before he joined the Trump campaign

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/us/politics/paul-manafort-russia-trump.html?_r=0

Financial records filed last year in the secretive tax haven of Cyprus, where Paul J. Manafort kept bank accounts during his years working in Ukraine and investing with a Russian oligarch, indicate that he had been in debt to pro-Russia interests by as much as $17 million before he joined Donald J. Trump’s presidential campaign in March 2016.

The money appears to have been owed by shell companies connected to Mr. Manafort’s business activities in Ukraine when he worked as a consultant to the pro-Russia Party of Regions. The Cyprus documents obtained by The New York Times include audited financial statements for the companies, which were part of a complex web of more than a dozen entities that transferred millions of dollars among them in the form of loans, payments and fees.

The records, which include details for numerous loans, were certified as accurate by an accounting firm as of December 2015, several months before Mr. Manafort joined the Trump campaign, and were filed with Cyprus government authorities in 2016. The notion of indebtedness on the part of Mr. Manafort also aligns with assertions made in a court complaint filed in Virginia in 2015 by the Russian oligarch, Oleg V. Deripaska, who claimed Mr. Manafort and his partners owed him $19 million related to a failed investment in a Ukrainian cable television business.

JWiLL

Banned
So you don't think Assad intentionally gassed civilians this year... because it was strategically dumb for him to do so?

What?

Considering his army was winning back city after city at the time, I simply found the sudden attack on civilians that he surely knew would bring the world down upon him a strange decision. He had the least to gain by doing it.

I'm sure you can just attribute it to "He's a fucking psychopath" if you believe that and be on with it, but the entire situation never added up logically.

That being said - it's beside the point. The people there are back in their homes and the cities are being rebuilt. It's as good of a time as any for the US to extract (people and/or funding) from the region and focus elsewhere. Would you not agree?

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
I wonder how the media will treat the OPTICS of Junior pleading the fifth...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom