• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say the race is a tossup based on the results in so far:

U.S. House - District 6 - UnexTerm - Special General
North Atlanta suburbs
0 of 208 Precincts Reporting - 0%
Name Party Votes Vote %
Handel, Karen GOP 0 0
Ossoff, Jon Dem 0 0

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

IrishNinja

anyone ever met someone on the left on about this administration being a dominionist takeover? I mean, I'm fairly certain they're all Hydra but I've never heard this one

Ronald Brownstein‏ @RonBrownstein 12m12 minutes ago

Per AP: the expansion #AHCA would end = 61% of all Medicaid substance abuse $ in KY, 47% WV, 43% OH. Will Capito/Portman/Paul vote 2 end?

If Paul votes for the AHCA people there should literally riot.

Ossof wins 1 vote to 0
-0euAIou1dqreNd3zLuFRpagv0M=.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
anyone ever met someone on the left on about this administration being a dominionist takeover? I mean, I'm fairly certain they're all Hydra but I've never heard this one

Can't say I've heard that one before. You mean like turn the US government into the US government from Escape from LA?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I am once again disappointed this did not lead to a detailed description of these Welsh village fetes you keep alluding to.

There are agricultural products, twmpaths, cheese, and sheep. It is exciting.

Gruco

Banned
I mean, they're responsible for their choices, sure. But we were discussing how to get their votes. I'd start with not insulting them. This thread does love to insult the people it needs to win, it's kind of impressive. It's like this, but less successful.
More and more voters are refusing to support Ossoff because of all of the means who reside within the neogaf.com off topic community politics thread.

When will this thread realize that people showing up to vent online is the reason Americans don't vote????
We are screwed among the demographic of people who don't vote but read PoliGAF religiously.
How will Democrats EVER improve on 2016 without winning this coveted demographic?

President Rubio confirmed. It's PoliGaf's fault. I can't believe they convinced the democrats to run on a platform of "be giant dicks to everyone" but here we all are.

JP_

Banned
A key takeaway here is that on major economic policy issues, there is no clear difference between the two candidates’ supporters. Both Clinton voters and Sanders voters are very worried about economic inequality and moderately supportive of government intervention in the economy and of liberal positions on moral issues.

On other issues, mild differences are visible. Despite the Clinton campaign’s emphasis on identity politics themes, Sanders backers are slightly further to the left in their attitude toward African Americans, immigrants, and gender roles. And despite the Sanders campaign’s emphasis on the welfare state, Clinton backers are further to the left on the importance of Social Security and Medicare. But critically, there is a lot of overlap between both candidates’ camps on all of these topics.

There’s a big difference on trade, but then a yawning void on attitudes toward America itself.

Compared with Sanders supporters, voters with a favorable view of Clinton are much less likely to view politics as a rigged game, much more likely to express pride in America, and much less likely to express the view that “people like me” are in decline.

That tension was highly visible at the 2016 Democratic convention. The Clinton and Sanders camps had some difficult discussions on the party’s platform committee, but ultimately crafted an agenda that both sides could enthusiastically support. The speeches from the convention floor, however, revealed a stark contrast between optimistic, upbeat speeches from Clinton and the Obama families and things like Elizabeth Warren darkly warning that “people get it: the system is rigged.”

The practical issue, to the extent that there is one, is more likely to arise if Democrats ever take power again. Candidate Obama ran on a message promising fundamental change to the way Washington worked. He then proceeded to govern as a fairly conventional inside player who focused on getting things done according to the established rules of the game. The gap that opened up between message and reality very much reflects the gap between the worldview of the Sanders and Clinton camps. And if Democrats get a chance to cover again, the basic choice will arise again — do Democrats want to talk about reforming the system, or do they want to actually do it.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/6/20/15830316/clinton-sanders-issues-rigged

IrishNinja

Can't say I've heard that one before. You mean like turn the US government into the US government from Escape from LA?

see that'd be exciting
nah wiki says it's a far christian right effort at like...their sharia law I guess? apparently Chris hedges is all about this theory

BOB MUELLER, making rounds on Hill this week, may meet with House Intel leaders as soon as tonight, sources say

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/877264170860912641
I mean, he took a year and change to unearth Fifa. I'd like to Imagine Trump's shit is much, much easier to find and unearth, and all he ideally needs is to get the ball rolling.
Wrong (I'm not using the Trump gif)
Yeah, the worst is Sticker Star. SPM is better then Sticker Star, but that's like being a better politician then Trump

There are agricultural products, twmpaths, cheese, and sheep. It is exciting.
Sounds a lot like Kentucky -- only with better support for substance abuse. That Medicaid substance abuse funding cut number is making me insane. The AHCA is literally going to kill hundreds of people in my city.

Ogodei

No panic in PoliGAF yet?

I'm bowing out for the evening, though. Watch cartoons and rage my way through another ARMS grand prix.

The most liberal part of the district is TURNING OUT.

@Nate_Cohn

This is potentially a very big number
@DecisionDeskHQ
13,787 votes have been cast in DeKalb as of 3pm, per the county elections office .#GA06
@Nate_Cohn
In rnd 1, there were 12.6k by 3pm, which yielded 32k eday votes.
This time, ev was up 100k. Matching rnd 1 eday vt = a huge turnout

@Nate_Cohn
Even in a high turnout race, like 250k overall, we would only expect around 25k eday votes in DeKalb, given the much larger E.V.

From AJC:

In DeKalb County, about 25 percent of eligible voters turned out early. More than one-in-three registered people voted early in Fulton County’s portion of the 6th District, while more than 23 percent came out early in Cobb.

This meant Fulton had a lot more EV than Dekalb/Cobb. So Dekalb/Cobb e-day numbers will be interesting to see.

Boke1879

Don't get too excited.

But I have an interview in a couple hours. I hope that goes well and if it does I expect to return to an Ossoff win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom