• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheebs

Politico is hinting McCain is going to do something BIG tomorrow. wtf is this weeks stunt going to be?

McCain camp making news in the morning
On what, they won't say.

"We'll have something to talk about," is all a campaign aide would allow.

Check back again in this space or over on our front-page in the morning.

Cheebs said:
Politico is hinting McCain is going to do something BIG tomorrow. wtf is this weeks stunt going to be?
i guess the question is, unless it is video of obama killing a hooker the morning after, or setting a bomb at the pentagon, or a plan that will magically save the economy in 2-3 weeks, no matter how "big" they think it is will it really matter?

McCain is going to do something BIG tomorrow

facepalm2ly3.jpg

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
As I've said before, the McCain campaign is all about the news cycle. That is it and thankfully, the McCain people are fully detached from reality so they are going to be preceived as gimmicky. McCain, as Obama surrogates are saying, is erratic. Damn near everything about this campaign has been embarrassing in recent weeks.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
BobTheFork said:
seriously...wtf?!?!?!
Ten of thousands of voters off the list...
In the major battleground states...
with Dem registering WAY more new voters than Republicans.

BTW why does it say its a total mistake, then they someone violated the law?

How was this shit a mistake?

Cheebs

It's just getting painful. We mocked Hillary in the spring for throwing everything but the kitchen sink into the race but McCain's campaign makes it seem like nothing. They seems GIDDY over thinking of new distractions as this leak to politico shows.

Tobor

I'd like to think they don't know what the stunt tomorrow is going to be either. All nighter on the McCain bus!

mckmas8808 said:
Fuck this country. We are just as bad as some of the worst countries in the world.
If what happened in the 2000 and 2004 elections here happened in a third world country, we would have sent in a military presence to oversee the elections. Assume the worst about 2008 as well. The neocon movement will do anything at all to cling to power.

ronito

XxenobladerxX said:
Game changer!
heaven knows he needs one. I'm saying maybe more info on his lessbuyalldabadhomes thing or perhaps announces intentions for cabinet. Or it could be the October surprise he desperately needs.

HylianTom

Banned
It's going to be the "whitey" tape.

Either that, or Gay Sex Limo Guy is coming back. At this point, given McCain's desperation, I wouldn't doubt it.

Speevy

Banned
Iksenpets said:
McCain is suspending his campaign to travel to Iraq and lead the troops in battle himself. What an American hero!

"We don't have to tell him it's not Iraq. Just let him fight the Mexicans for a little while and we can go home."

Gruco

Banned
Tamanon said:
Supposedly the McCain campaign is doing another one of their patented newscycle-winning moves tomorrow and has alerted the press to be ready. Should be AWESOME!
Guesses?

Bristol-Levi wedding?
Challenges Sarah Palin to ten town halls?
Dance marathon fundraiser to close financial gap and prove coolness factor?

Tobor

Gary Whitta said:
I can't wait for election night on GAF, that is going to be the most legendary thread of all time.

It's going to be like the Wii unveiling plus a years worth of NPD threads multiplied by $599.

MassiveAttack said:
It's the Bristol Palin wedding with that hockey kid... what's his name.

Yeah I bet that's it.

If they had some real dynamite I think they would have used it last weekend instead of bringing up Ayers.

The wedding stunt would totally distract the media. The media will moan and complain about how it's such an obvious stunt, but they'll still cover it insensately.

If it's not a wedding, I'm guessing it's some drastic economic plan. "Suspending Income taxes" or something silly like that.

In other news:

Sean Hannity has reupped with Fox News Channel in a deal that runs through 2012.
Terms were not disclosed.

The conservative half of FNC’s “Hannity & Colmes” and host of “Hannity’s America” also has a syndicated radio show, for which he signed a new contract in the summer said to be valued at $20 million a year for the next five years.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Gary Whitta said:
I can't wait for election night on GAF, that is going to be the most legendary thread of all time.

Biggest echo chamber ever, more like. When was the last time you saw a republican in here?

Whatever McCain does tomorrow, we can at least all take comfort in knowing it will be a huge fucking joke, just like all his other "game changers."

Basically, don't fret about this.

Tobor

MoxManiac said:
Obama can still optimistically get to 270 without ohio and florida, I think.

That's what I'm hoping. Even if Obama wins OH and FL, I don't want them to be the deciding factor. Out of pure spite.

Yeah, no doubt it's the ACORN/voter-fraud story and an attempt to make Obama the ACORN poster-child. After all, ACORN's C and O stands for "Community Organizers"... what more evidence do you need?

Tobor

XxenobladerxX said:
Yeah, no doubt it's the ACORN/voter-fraud story and an attempt to make Obama the ACORN poster-child. After all, ACORN's C and O stands for "Community Organizers"... what more evidence do you need?

Let's hope that's all it is. That dog won't hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom