• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Fragamemnon said:
Honestly, this strikes me as big of a deal as the other annoucements in Obama's speech:

This bill is a huge deal, I always knew that Obama would support it if it came to his desk, but I'm glad he's taking the time to say so now, in the heat of the campaign.

Isn't that also the act McCain was referring to with the whole "He'll take away YOUR secret voting rights!" bit?

Eiji

sxlw1w.jpg

Fragamemnon said:
This bill is a huge deal, I always knew that Obama would support it if it came to his desk, but I'm glad he's taking the time to say so now, in the heat of the campaign.
Had to google that one; good for him.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Loudninja said:
DOW is up 736 points.
Massive McCain jump in the polls expected!

Gallup is going to be 38 O, 99 M tomorrow.

MAC IS BACK BABY! MAVERICKS DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT MATH

Tamanon said:
Pssht, you think Clinton ever actually kissed her?

I wasn't talking about her... ehem, lips. Let's not forget what he did with those cigars. I'm sure McCain would have reminded us if Hilary was his challenger :lol

GhaleonEB

The Lamonster said:
Yeah but I want to see Obama's "I feel for you" moment a la Bubba in '92.
I'm just glad the format will be similar to the first debate, with five-minute discussion periods after the two give their responses. The longer format works well for Obama, and the more McCain talks the more he wanders off. Not expecting any fireworks, though I can see McCain tossing out another hail Mary proposal, like the last debate.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Dax01 said:
So why is it that Obama generally does worse in polls on the weekends?

=P

No early bird specials on weekends, so old people have to eat oatmeal and do racism activities.

TDG

Banned
I think one possible reason for Obama's poor weekend polling could be the lack of bad economic news.
Tim-E said:
Hillary looks so much older when she's not covered in makeup.
I know, she looked so ancient yesterday.

lopaz

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
I'm just glad the format will be similar to the first debate, with five-minute discussion periods after the two give their responses. The longer format works well for Obama, and the more McCain talks the more he wanders off. Not expecting any fireworks, though I can see McCain tossing out another hail Mary proposal, like the last debate.

Mccain promised to "whoop Obama's ass" didn't he? That prolly means he either has a secret plan (lol) or is just being Mccain-y

Barrett2

I can't get over how awesome those pics of McCain at the ACORN event are. :lol Honestly, chimps at a typewriter could put together a more effective campaign.

DeathNote said:
I wonder what I would look with Hollywood hair-do and clothes.

A lot of celeb no makeups are fugly.

I saw a picture once of Beyonce between make-up and hair exchanges that made me yelp out loud. Never thought there was anything that could make her look less than perfect.

gcubed

kaching said:
Come on, there's nothing stopping young people from not thinking things through by not investing significantly in a retirement plan in the first place. Somebody taking money out of a retirement plan that they had the forethought to engage with in the first place is not as likely to be about rash, unconsidered actions. There's a question about faith in the markets right now, and it's perfectly valid to wonder if there's someplace safer to put some of one's hard-earned money. Or, they just may have an immediate need because of the current economic climate that simply can't be avoided.

no dont get me wrong, i think its still a good idea and helps way more then even the possibility of it hurting, just throwing up some negatives

Tamanon said:
Isn't that also the act McCain was referring to with the whole "He'll take away YOUR secret voting rights!" bit?

Yes, that's the act. Secret ballot is honestly crap because as is an employer, when faced down with a check card majority situation, can call for a secret ballot, giving them time to bring in the goons and start twisting the screws on their upstart employees.

I always thought that the equally big deal was that it would make states' "Right to Work" statues no longer valid.

so_awes

Banned
13martin.190.jpg

An examination of legal documents and election filings, along with interviews with his acquaintances, revealed Mr. Martin, 62, to be a man with a history of scintillating if not always factual claims. He has left a trail of animosity — some of it provoked by anti-Jewish comments — among political leaders, lawyers and judges in three states over more than 30 years.

He is a law school graduate, but his admission to the Illinois bar was blocked in the 1970s after a psychiatric finding of “moderately severe character defect manifested by well-documented ideation with a paranoid flavor and a grandiose character.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/13/u...b91b314e4141&ei=5124&partner=digg&exprod=digg

greepoman

“moderately severe character defect manifested by well-documented ideation with a paranoid flavor and a grandiose character.”

So in other words he's a Republican ? :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
scorcho said:
As an old journalism professor told me - Drudge links, the media follows.
I'm fine with how Yahoo phrases it-- "McCain seeks rebound." I mean, who wouldn't? But "McCain rebounding!" with the evidence that he's gained 1 pt in Rasmussen (already tilted to favor him and he's still getting whooped) and that he's no longer going to negatively campaign (before threatening that Obama is going to take away secret voting rights :lol ) is as much bonk as the whole "suspending the campaign" nonsense.

Y2Kev said:
Ugh, every place is going to run with the "McCain rebound" bullshit, aren't they?
Why would they? Because the DOW is rebounding? I don't see what the grounds would be for this claim, unless McCain really does whip Obama's booty in the debate (lol).

avaya

Y2Kev said:
Ugh, every place is going to run with the "McCain rebound" bullshit, aren't they?

It should be called the European rebound because us, the French, Germans and Austrians just outlined over $2trillion to bailout European firms along with guarantees on interbank lending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom