• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
So f-ing happy! :D :D :D

Lemonz

The world is celebrating.

halle_berry.jpg

halle_berry_obama_t-shirt.jpg

Sean

Banned
Wow it's fucking crazy here on my street (in NJ).

Some people are driving by screaming "Woooo Obama" from a megaphone/loudhorn thing and I hear firecrackers and shit. Awesome.

MIMIC

Banned
I have a fucking BLACK president. My mom had to endure the cruelties of Jim Crow back in the 60s in Alabama and we now 40 years later, we have a BLACK president. Like the guy said on MSNBC, I, too, feel like a different American. This is an incredible moment.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
aw fuck, people are firing weapons in the sky in georgia....should i be running? i'm black...i can run fast.

Barrett2

MSNBC just said the phrase "Barack Obama is President of the United States."

Tears are running down my face. What a great day....

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
god this is awesome.

I can't wait for tomorrow. I want to see his speech tonight. I want to see a Jed Bartlet speech, where he gets done and just looks at the crowd and says, "What's next?"

Diagol

Congratulations to all US residents!!! You made the right choice this time!!! :D

What an absolutely amazing day. Glad to have read through this entire thread and witness this historic event.

Piecake

Things aren't looking good for Franken in MN. He is still winning by a little bit, but most of the votes left are probably from the rural areas

Jenga

Banned
God. I feel great. Watching everyone's reaction is seriously arousing emotions in me. Goddamn. good job everyone, good job.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I don't get the jubilation.
It's good, but it has only just begun. Thing's may not be better for quite some time, or at all. We just don't know yet.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What's the final percentage score?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I am proud to be a part of history tonight, the American dream truly lives on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom