• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
RIP, my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

That said, this pretty much erased all personal attacks Mccain supporters could have mustered today, including but not limited to Jeremiah Wright.

Hopefully this gets people to realize what's really important. I don't want anyone to sympathy vote Obama into office, but give the man a break today.

Dead

well not really...yet
lol at Fox News

Is this their idea of a guest? Random crowd members from McCain rallies? :lol

Cloudy

Banned
Not to sound morbid but it looks like Obama's granny just took a baseball bat to McCain's last newscycle. Poor Bams, I wonder if he'll keep campaigning today..

This loss should pump up Obama supporters to go out there and GOTV in a way never done before. Like reagan used to say: Do this for Grandma toot

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Really sad news, glad that Obama got to see her one last time. :(

Also, the assholes at the RNC running all of those anti-Obama ads are going to feel like sons of bitches. I wonder how fast they are scrambling to pull them off the air?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Amir0x said:
The topic is oddly cruel considering the subject and then the news headline, I just realized :lol
Where's You God Now? Obama's Grandmama knows.

:[ such terrible news preceeding what should be the greatest news of all. Damn. Obama has quite the week ahead of him.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
CHANGE IT ALREADY!

I HOPE IT'S GONE WHEN I REFRESH!

tanod

when is my burrito
Red Scarlet said:
One day away, RIP. You did a great job raising the man that will do a great job raising America out of what we are in.

Well said! RIP

Obama's grandma apparently took the GAF server with her. 500 Server Errors.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The McCain campaign is so full of stupid

081103_mccain_jmart.jpg

081103_prayer_jmart.jpg

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1108/McCains_Hispanic_Hail_Mary.html?showall

The above prayer card is circulating among Hispanic Catholics, especially in the key southwest battleground states.

The picture, by the way, was taken of McCain at Mexico City’s sacred Virgin of Guadalupe Basilica, which he visited in July.
SERIOUSLY?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Cloudy said:
Not to sound morbid but it looks like Obama's granny just took a baseball bat to McCain's last newscycle. Poor Bams, I wonder if he'll keep campaigning today..
I'm sure he will.

He knew this was coming and to not finish the job would go against everything his grandmother taught him. So I don't see him letting up now.

Snaku

Banned
Poor Obama's grandma. :(

I wonder if Limbaugh will feel like shit, and apologize for making fun of her when Barack left the campaign to visit her?

Fatalah

I think we know why Obama called Florida Ohio today :( The man's mind was in another place :(

PS - The PoliGaf thread title is fucked up.

Sorry to hear the news. :-(

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Barack Obama says that his grandmother has died. The Democratic presidential candidate announced the news in a joint statement with his sister Maya Soetoro-Ng. He said his grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, had died peacefully after a battle with cancer.

He said: "She was the cornerstone of our family, and a woman of extraordinary accomplishment, strength, and humility. She was the person who encouraged and allowed us to take chances."

The candidate learned of her death Monday morning while he was campaigning in Jacksonville, Fla. He planned to go ahead with campaign appearances.

Late last month, Obama took a break from campaigning and flew to Hawaii to be with the 86-year-old Dunham, who helped raise him.

Well, let's win one for the Tootie!

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
She died 1 day before the election, 1 day before seeing her grandson elected President. Wow.

Absolutely heartbreaking.

Phoenix

typhonsentra said:
Damn man, that's tragic. She died within hours of seeing her grandson ascend to the height of his career.

Yep. Regardless of what happens tomorrow - win or loss, its going to be a very sad event.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Snaku said:
Poor Obama's grandma. :(

I wonder if Limbaugh will feel like shit, and apologize for making fun of her when Barack left the campaign to visit her?
He'll just pop some more pills and forget the whole thing ever happened. did O'Reilly apologize to the Nobel Prize Winner?

Diablos

Talk about bad timing... if she could have only lived a couple days longer... she'd have likely seen him win. :(

RIP. Can't imagine what Obama is going through right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom