• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of Tears/Lapel Pins (ScratchingHisCheek-Gate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemonz

Deus Ex Machina said:
Do anyone know what exactly did Wright do for Johnson as a marine medic? Did he perform the surgery? or what position was he?
Assisted surgery on LBJ is what I've read.

Farmboy

Triumph said:
The only thing McCain has made clear is that he'll embrace the sleazy right that he stayed away from in 2000 in order to get the GOP nomination. I seriously doubt he tacks away from that in the general. He himself might not be uttering any underhanded bullshit but you can bet your ass his surrogates will.

That, and the RWNM will do most of the smearing for him. I hope Wallace is prepared to raise his voice several more times...

syllogism

Spent most of my day in Pennsylvania yesterday at the Obama Headquarters in Wilkes-Barre, and as a group (About 20 of us from upstate NY came down to help), we got 100 people registered to vote for Obama in the primary there in April going door to door and out on the streets. Was a pretty good experience.

Was also pretty sad to see how economically depressed the area is though.

Cheebs

adamsappel said:
But, didn't everybody hate Chris Wallace when he went after Bill Clinton? Just sayin'.
He is a tough journalist. He is tough on both sides, thats to be respected.

He was tough on Reagan too:
Wallace's confrontational style was evident during President Ronald Reagan's news conference in March 1987, when Reagan admitted to dealing arms for hostages. During his questioning, Wallace challenged the President by citing previous occasions on which the President denied trading arms for hostages, "when you knew that wasn't true. Why did you say that?" An obviously flustered Reagan responded by fairly growling "Chris ..." through his teeth

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Triumph said:
The only thing McCain has made clear is that he'll embrace the sleazy right that he stayed away from in 2000 in order to get the GOP nomination. I seriously doubt he tacks away from that in the general. He himself might not be uttering any underhanded bullshit but you can bet your ass his surrogates will.

Wrong. He's already repudiated a popular right wing radio host who made remarks about Obama, and has suspended people from his campaign who were circulating a youtube of Rev. Wright and Obama.

Like I said, I have no doubt various 527's will do shit, but McCain has given plenty of evidence that his campaign will not.

Amir0x

Banned
@#&SUHAHSAHSDHSADAD

THIS IS THE FIVE TRILLIONTH TIME I'VE SEEN AN OBAMA COMMERCIAL THIS MORNING

KILL IT WITH FIRE THIS PRIMARY SEASON SUCKS ASS

why did you have to bring this evil to Pennsylvania, America? FUCK YOU OHIO AND TEXAS

Amir0x said:
@#&SUHAHSAHSDHSADAD

why did you have to bring this evil to Pennsylvania, America? FUCK YOU OHIO AND TEXAS

look on the bright side, Ami- it could be the five trillionth time you saw a HILLARY Ad this morning.

:lol

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
KarishBHR said:
DIGG THIS

I can't digg it. But I seen plenty of people say they wanted to digg it. It's the best video that combines Hillary's lie with the true video from the 90s.

KRS7

As much as I dislike Hillary, I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt on this Bosnia thing. She didn't say that those events occurred while landing in Tuzla. She may very well have flown into another city in Bosnia where a greeting ceremony had to be canceled because of the threat of enemy fire. If however it is proved that the video is a depiction of the same event she was describing, then she has some balls outright lying like that.

Also her assertion that the Whitehouse sent her away because it was too dangerous for the President is funny. She can keep telling herself that, but I think they sent her and Chelsea away so Bill could get some quality alone time with some of his interns.

itsgreen

It might have been discussed already, but why does CNN spam my tv about that passport-gate?

Who f'ing cares if the CEO of a company is an Obama supporter? (if he didn't do it himself)

Really? It's like... well... its like the CEO of a company is blamed for something a lower level guy does on his own.

It is looking for controversy where there is none.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
itsgreen said:
It might have been discussed already, but why does CNN spam my tv about that passport-gate?

Who f'ing cares if the CEO of a company is an Obama supporter? (if he didn't do it himself)

Really? It's like... well... its like the CEO of a company is blamed for something a lower level guy does on his own.

It is looking for controversy where there is none.

I think the reason they are reporting that fact is because initially people like Olbermann were heavily hinting that this was a GOP Watergate-esque scandal.

mckmas8808

KRS7 said:
As much as I dislike Hillary, I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt on this Bosnia thing. She didn't say that those events occurred while landing in Tuzla. She may very well have flown into another city in Bosnia where a greeting ceremony had to be canceled because of the threat of enemy fire. If however it is proved that the video is a depiction of the same event she was describing, then she has some balls outright lying like that.

It's already proven that this was the only plane trip she took to Bosnia. She didn't go to another city. This again has already been proven.

Somebody proved it within the last page or 2 in this very thread. :lol

Piper Az

Amir0x said:
@#&SUHAHSAHSDHSADAD

:D Enjoy the ads!

(goes back to peace and tranquility in Virginia with zero election ads)

harSon

Banned
KRS7 said:

Also her assertion that the Whitehouse sent her away because it was too dangerous for the President is funny. She can keep telling herself that, but I think they sent her and Chelsea away so Bill could get some quality alone time with some of his interns.

I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt on some things but give me a break. Do you really think the United States would allow the First Lady and her daughter travel to any location that posed potential harm?

Xeke

Banned
KRS7 said:

Don't you think that it would have been on the news if the first lady was ducking sniper fire?:lol

mckmas8808

Xeke said:
Don't you think that it would have been on the news if the first lady was ducking sniper fire?:lol

That's the problem with lots of people. They don't reason on these things. We didn't we ever hear of this?

Amir0x said:
Call of Duty 4 back then?

Man first ladies have access to all the sweet technology

well, I was talking about whenever she mentioned it this year.

As far as during the Bosnia thing maybe she was playing...Contra? I dunno. lol

KRS7

mckmas8808 said:
It's already proven that this was the only plane trip she took to Bosnia. She didn't go to another city. This again has already been proven.

Somebody proved it within the last page or 2 in this very thread. :lol

Oh well, I must not be keeping up. If that is true then she is a liar, no other way to look at that video. It does not come close to matching her description of events. I hope this gets some widespread coverage, because it brings up some harsh questions on what else she may be lying about, especially when it comes to her "experience" she keeps touting ad nauseam.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
harSon said:
Now that I think about it, maybe Bill was trying to get rid of her?!

this is true. my friend roney's father knows someone who worked with bill . he was planning on looking for a new first lady.. maybe even make a reality show out of it. its true. i swear!

Farmboy

Do any of you ever visit FiveThirtyEight.com? It's a great place for comprehensive state-by-state polling, mostly of Obama vs. McCain compared to Hillary vs. McCain (as the name, a reference to the number of votes in the Electoral College suggests). They also assign probabilities to Obama or Clinton winning a state, which is an interesting way of looking at things (accoring to the site, Obama is 100% certain of winning Hawaii and losing Kentucky, for instance, even though voting percentages will obviously be different. Here's their current estimate of the candidates' chances in the GE:

0322_mainchart.png

They've also got some interesting polling data on the effect of the Wright controversy.

mckmas8808

Farmboy said:
Do any of you ever visit FiveThirtyEight.com? It's a great place for comprehensive state-by-state polling, mostly of Obama vs. McCain compared to Hillary vs. McCain (as the name, a reference to the number of votes in the Electoral College suggests). They also assign probabilities to Obama or Clinton winning a state, which is an interesting way of looking at things (accoring to the site, Obama is 100% certain of winning Hawaii and losing Kentucky, for instance, even though voting percentages will obviously be different. Here's their current estimate of the candidates' chances in the GE:

0322_mainchart.png

They've also got some interesting polling data on the effect of the Wright controversy.

Interesting. Tell us more.

Cheebs

PhoenixDark said:
That's the type of story that should kill a campaign like his, but it seems like people think McCain is still 2000 McCain; where have they been for the last 8 years?
Wait until Obama is 100% focused on the general. He has started a trend to call the iraq war the "bush-mccain" policy. Tax cuts the "bush-mccain" tax cuts. I really think using that term over and over and over in Sept and Oct. will have a strong effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom