• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of Tears/Lapel Pins (ScratchingHisCheek-Gate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
His posts seem manufactured IMO :)

Question. I don't mind a differing opinion, but why are people allowed to constantly attack a candidates supporter? It doesn't add anything worthwhile and typically ends in unneeded bickering.

Xeke

Banned
APF said:
To not see this as a good example of the almost cluelessly-arrogant sense of entitlement that's been the hallmark of the Clintons and Hillary's campaign is more an indictment against the ignorance (in the political / historical sense) of Obama's supporters than any directly-indirect slam on the part of the former President. Even people who are total Obama Kool-Aid drinkers are again scratching their heads over this manufactured outrage. The fact that people here can't even admit their campaign might have overreached in this one single solitary instance doesn't bode well for their credibility when attacking my level of objectivity.

Do you talk like that in real life?

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
APF said:
I'm thinking there are two things at work here: first, the Obama campaign wants to capitalize on the paranoia that Democrats are tagged as "unpatriotic" by the right-wing, primarily in conjunction with their (Dems) opposition to the Iraq war (this is a winning issue for Obama, in terms of Dem support); second is the Obama campaign capitalizing on their supporters' relative ignorance of campaigns speaking with a tone of inevitability as to their candidates' chances, be it in terms of winning a party nomination, or the Presidency as a whole.

Really, what it comes down to is the fact that the Obama campaign wants you to believe in the truthyness of a begged question: the Clintons are conniving scheming people who use subtle non-words to insinuate unspoken meanings because they're conniving scheming people who would do this sort of thing. Sorry, no. This is manufactured outrage on the part of the Obama campaign that has even honest Obama supporters like Richardson and (ugh) Andrew Sullivan scratching their heads.

quietcrown: no, your logic is flawed there.

APF, what is fucking amazing is that everyone has been asking you a SIMPLE question, and yet in all your spieling bullshit and snarky sarcasm and never bother to address it. Actually, it isn't fucking amazing- it's completely par for the course, which is why it is amazing people actually address your posts seriously. You're possibly the most persistent troll I have witnessed across the internet. Is there something lacking in your life? Sex ybe? Friendship? A meaning? Because I can think of no other reason as to why someone can be so consistent in running a charade.

APF

Gee, a completely irrelevant, bile-filled personal attack by Slurpy. You don't see those fifteen times a day.

harSon: do you find it ironic, asking that question when your responses to me--like Slurpy's--are nothing but irrelevant personal attacks?

Seth C

maximum360 said:
Why do you all even bother with APF? The conversation will go nowhere, so I never bother getting involved.

Yeah. For me it is like having him on ignore, but without actually having him on ignore.

APF

I'd honestly rather people just plug their ears and not respond to my posts / not acknowledge I'm saying anything, than attack me for existing; it's the attacks against me that pollute threads, not the fact that I have a different opinion. f/e I make two content-heavy posts with valid points above, and the ratio of meaningless attacks to actual response (singular) is ridiculous.

Seth C

Interesting. They seem to have just killed the counter I was using as it was getting ready to hit 2 million.

Edit - It's back.

Hitokage said:
Seth C: Holy shit, your avatar. Second rollover imminent!

EDIT: Stop reading my mind!

Oooh, now I quoted it before you said it! I should say that some doubt the counter is still accurate. However, I wonder why they wouldn't just stop it from counting if that were the case.

Triumph

Banned
Seth C said:
Oooh, now I quoted it before you said it! I should say that some doubt the counter is still accurate. However, I wonder why they wouldn't just stop it from counting if that were the case.
Can't stop the signal, man!/whedon nerd

Clinton's comments were definitely subtle, but they didn't question Obama's patriotism; that's a reach to put it lightly. Obama will have to deal with questions about his patriotism until November due to his puzzling (and idiotic) comments on pins, not to mention his inability to put his hand over his heart during the national anthem. Is that a big deal to me, or reason to question his patriotism? No. But let's see how that plays out in "purple" states.

Last month Hillary's surrogates were out of line, and this month Obama's are. Calling Clinton's comments "McCarthyism" is a stupid, negative attack with no grasp in reality

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
PhoenixDark said:
Clinton's comments were definitely subtle, but they didn't question Obama's patriotism; that's a reach to put it lightly. Obama will have to deal with questions about his patriotism until November due to his puzzling (and idiotic) comments on pins, not to mention his inability to put his hand over his heart during the national anthem. Is that a big deal to me, or reason to question his patriotism? No. But let's see how that plays out in "purple" states.

Last month Hillary's surrogates were out of line, and this month Obama's are. Calling Clinton's comments "McCarthyism" is a stupid, negative attack with no grasp in reality

Hillary's surregates are bad every month.

PhoenixDark said:

I keep hearing this dumb shit about putting your hand over your heart for the "national anthem" let me tell you, you don't put your hand over your heart for the national anthem, you put your hand over your heart for the pledge of allegiance. I was in the USMC for 6 years(83 to 90) and have done a many of color guard and stood with a salute with the national anthem was being played. This is one of the first things they teach you in boot camp.

Just a point of reference for the idiot tools who think you have to put your hand over your heart for the national anthem. When you go to any ball game football, basketball or baseball the PA person say Please "RISE" for our national anthem. The next time you see a game on tv watch how many fans put their hand over their heart for the national anthem.

so here we go

Pledge of Allegiance = Hand over Heart and recite the allegiance

National Anthem = Requires civilians to rise, and military personnel to rise face in the direction of the nearest flag and salute

Triumph

Banned
gluv65 said:
I keep hearing this dumb shit about putting your hand over your heart for the "national anthem" let me tell you, you don't put your hand over your heart for the national anthem, you put your hand over your heart for the pledge of allegiance. I was in the USMC for 6 years(83 to 90) and have done a many of color guard and stood with a salute with the national anthem was being played. This is one of the first things they teach you in boot camp.

Just a point of reference for the idiot tools who think you have to put your hand over your heart for the national anthem. When you go to any ball game football, basketball or baseball the PA person say Please "RISE" for our national anthem. The next time you see a game on tv watch how many fans put their hand over their heart for the national anthem.

so here we go

Pledge of Allegiance = Hand over Heart and recite the allegiance

National Anthem = Requires civilians to rise, and military personnel to rise face in the direction of the nearest flag and salute
Spot on. The person who taught Obama the difference was his granddad... who was in WWII.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
PhoenixDark said:

Yeah, Obama's questioning of the inherent 'patriotism' of wearing a pin, which came only as a result of him being attacked for not wearing one, so is puzzling an idiotic, isnt it? I mean, God forbid he questions of significant of a fucking piece of metal that everyone and their dogs wear these days, and since 911, as a symbol of their patriotism, and meanwhile do nothing patriotic and do not act in the best interest of the country. Tell me, in what other country do the majority of news anchors and politicians wear these types of pins? The superficiality is off the charts, but we get people like you who buy into them.

dasein

gluv65 said:
Is this shit real?

Romney's campaign staff person endorsing Obama?

This endorsement may be of little note or consequence, except perhaps that it comes from an unlikely source: namely, a former constitutional legal counsel to two Republican presidents.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/convictions/archive/2008/03/23/endorsing-obama.aspx
Isn't that bad for Republicans?

beermonkey@tehbias said:
The only logical argument that is pro-pin is that critical thought should yield to knee-jerk herd mentality in America. And that's an argument that should be rejected by anybody who is opposed to the dumbing down of our nation.

Pins are for sheep.

Yup

Slurpy said:
Yeah, Obama's questioning of the inherent 'patriotism' of wearing a pin, which came only as a result of him being attacked for not wearing one, so is puzzling an idiotic, isnt it? I mean, God forbid he questions of significant of a fucking piece of metal that everyone and their dogs wear these days, and since 911, as a symbol of their patriotism, and meanwhile do nothing patriotic and do not act in the best interest of the country. Tell me, in what other country do the majority of news anchors and politicians wear these types of pins? The superficiality is off the charts, but we get people like you who buy into them.

The only logical argument that is pro-pin is that critical thought should yield to knee-jerk herd mentality in America. And that's an argument that should be rejected by anybody who is opposed to the dumbing down of our nation.

Pins are for sheep.

mashoutposse

Ante Up
APF said:
Step back from the brink, people; you're literally trying to say not saying something is the equivalent of saying something.

"I think it would be a great thing if we had a political discussion where you had people like *lists everyone but APF*; people who are mature and were devoted to facilitating intelligent discourse."

Clevinger

mashoutposse said:
"I think it would be a great thing if we had a political discussion where you had people like *lists everyone but APF*; people who are mature and were devoted to facilitating intelligent discourse."

That's a perfectly normal statement with no hidden intent. You're reaching, bud...

AmishNazi

Banned
Seth C said:
Yeah. For me it is like having him on ignore, but without actually having him on ignore.

rjmv7p.png

He's got to be one of the most ignored people in OT by now....

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
:lol at the guy trying to get people to believe that Bill Clinton didn't know exactly what he was doing.

Yes, Bill is just a naive, rookie politician occasionally prone to slip ups. Bill "Who me?"

AmishNazi

Banned
ralexand said:
:lol at the guy trying to get people to believe that Bill Clinton didn't know exactly what he was doing.

Yes, Bill is just a naive, rookie politician occasionally prone to slip ups. Bill "Who me?"

All you have to do is go back to SploogeOnADress-gate to know this man is VERY crafty with the English language.

gkryhewy

Ed Rendell indignant:

Ed Rendell said:
He (Bill Clinton) was just saying what a lot of us think... that you could have a discussion between these two patriotic [candidates] without getting bogged down in race and all that other stuff

Thanks for clarifying for APF's benefit, Ed.

APF

Slurpy said:
God forbid he questions of significant of a fucking piece of metal that everyone and their dogs wear these days, and since 911, as a symbol of their patriotism, and meanwhile do nothing patriotic and do not act in the best interest of the country.
I hope he rejects and denounces the support of non-patriots like Bill Richardson:
ykt92.jpg

And this guy. According to Obama, the Swift Boaters were right!
5f162p.jpg

Here's that notorious anti-patriotic journalist, Bill Moyers:
2agls3l.jpg

What did this woman ever give for her country?
2uj1seg.jpg

Or these folks:
2mxlr2a.jpg

Or these:
2ugdy6o.jpg

This woman knows so little about true patriotism and giving everything you have to your country, not only is she wearing dozens of pins, she's also wearing a badge of the Statue of Liberty! Talk about trying to compensate for a lack of actionable patriotism.
n4wfb9.jpg

Look at this non-patriot giving a pin of sedition to a future America-hating treason monkey:
4j7uds.jpg

And of course, no one can argue Obama wasn't questioning this guy's patriotism:
2lmrpyf.jpg

I was away in the weekend so I missed most of the Richardson discussion.

One thing I don't get from the news relating to this story is why Richardson endorsing Obama is a betrayal to the Clintons while Richardson running against Clinton in the primaries was perfectly fine.

Instigator said:

One thing I don't get from the news relating to this story is why Richardson endorsing Obama is a betrayal to the Clintons while Richardson running against Clinton in the primaries was perfectly fine.

It may have been due to the fact that he wasn't a threat to their campaign at the time. His endorsement may have more of an impact than his campaign did.

APF

Instigator said:

I don't see the discrepancy--it's one thing to have personal political ambitions that you've expressed for a while now. It's another to pick someone else over a long-time friend and ally.

tanod

when is my burrito
Anybody see Chris Matthews rip the Clinton campaign a new one on Morning Joe this morning?

He went on a rant about the Bill Clinton comment over the weekend and how it's not news. He said that all the vitriol that has come out because of the Richardson endorsement isn't news. Adding that he thought it was predictable and just a tactic to get people to focus back on the Clintons.

Finally, he said that the media needs to move on from obsessing over the Clintons like they're the most important people in the country. "It's a SITCOM. A SITCOM"

APF said:
I don't see the discrepancy--it's one thing to have personal political ambitions that you've expressed for a while now. It's another to pick someone else over a long-time friend and ally.

How about picking oneself over a long-time friend and ally?

And what if Richardson's endorsement comes with a secret deal offering him the promise of a prestigious post with the new Democratic administration, you know, the same thing that was rumored to be offered by the Clinton camp? Doesn't that count as political ambitions?

In any case, your explanation doesn't fly with me..

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
XxenobladerxX said:
Hillary is going to make a major speech on the housing crisis today.
"As you all know, I own many houses. Many of the superdelegates, also, own many houses. This housing crisis really only personifies one thing, and that is the fact that the American people cannot be trusted with important decisions. If you are not capable of providing for your own families, how do you intent to make informed decisions about who can provide for the nation?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom