• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of Tears/Lapel Pins (ScratchingHisCheek-Gate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemonz

Barack Obama and Brad Pitt - related?

1z3qd6a.jpg

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080325/ap_on_el_pr/candidates_genealogy

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
WAIT.

Carville compared Richardson endorsing Obama to Judas backstabbing Jesus?

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

reilo said:
WAIT.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

but Richardson was loyal to Bill Clinton, not Hillary, someone should t ell Carville, Bill is not running

reilo said:

Seriously, some people need to come out and speak against the Clinton campaign for demonizing Governor Richardson. It really angers me.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
reilo said:
WAIT.

Hilary is Jesus confirmed!

I think Mills AKA Edwards has not endorsed because he really wanted to endorse Obama but Obama has refused to give him a VP spot confirmation. I think Obama might be looking at Al Gore as VP

BREAKING NEWS: OBAMA might win PENNSYLVANIA looking at this

http://www.time-blog.com/swampland/2008/03/lots_of_new_democrats_in_penns.html

I spent the last two days checking out Obama and Clinton’s operations in Pennsylvania and found some interesting voter registration stats with Pennsylvania’s State Department. Here’s my story, but for any one interested here’s the site that lists voter registration – it was updated weekly until the books closed at midnight last night. A sampling: last week alone saw an increase of 50,347 of new Democratic voters.

“That is one of the highest if not the highest in recent memory that we’ve had in one week,” said Rebecca Halton, deputy spokesman for the Pennsylvania State Department. “It’s excitement. It boils down to excitement and eagerness to participate in a highly anticipated primary.”

While no one knows who all these new Democrats may be voting for, interestingly 64% of those who've switched parties since the beginning of the year are in the state's 12 largest, urban counties.

Obamas highest voting percentage comes from Urban areas and 65% of new voters in this election are in Urban areas, that could turn the tides in Pennsylvania

I hope the DNC steps in big time after this fiasco. Hopefully "mills" Edwards will step in with some other superdelegates to end this nonsense. The superdelegates wait until Obama seems electable will end in a McCain's presidency. Why doesn't the media question Hillary's electability?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Amir0x

Banned
artredis1980 said:
obama wins PA? LOL

Obamas highest voting percentage comes from Urban areas and 65% of new voters in this election are in Urban areas, that could turn the tides in Pennsylvania

yea.

trust me, I mean I'm a pretty faithful YES WE CAN Obama guy but he's not going to win here. Nooo way.

If he keeps it even within five percentage points, that'd be a miracle. This state is backwards.

GhaleonEB

artredis1980 said:

I'm all for enthusiasm, while the MSM can be influenced by the internet, they still largely construct their own narratives (Clinton is tied with Obama! Wright! Etc), Gore won't be veep again and that's not really crucial breaking news. Any polls a month out from the vote can't be seen as too solid.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Amir0x said:
yea.

trust me, I mean I'm a pretty faithful YES WE CAN Obama guy but he's not going to win here. Nooo way.

If he keeps it even within five percentage points, that'd be a miracle. This state is backwards.

It would be another long list in Hillary winning the state, but losing all the major cities in said state.

Cheebs

reilo said:
It would be another long list in Hillary winning the state, but losing all the major cities in said state.
Winning urban areas doesnt mean a thing if you dont carry the state so it isn't a real strong argument to attack her with.

tanod

when is my burrito
artredis1980 said:
I think Mills AKA Edwards has not endorsed because he really wanted to endorse Obama but Obama has refused to give him a VP spot confirmation. I think Obama might be looking at Al Gore as VP

I don't think Al Gore should be VP. The VP doesn't do a whole lot. He'd make a perfect Secretary of Energy or the Interior though.

TheLegend

artredis1980 said:

I hope this has nothing to do with Rebublicans/Limbaugh listeners registering as Democrats to vote for Hillary and then switching back for the general. Is that possible in PA? Today was the last day to register as a Democrat, right?

Triumph

Banned
tanod said:
I don't think Al Gore should be VP. The VP doesn't do a whole lot. He'd make a perfect Secretary of Energy or the Interior though.
Gore would make the most ass kicking head of the EPA ever.

Triumph

Banned
TheLegend said:
I hope this has nothing to do with Rebublicans/Limbaugh listeners registering as Democrats to vote for Hillary and then switching back for the general. Is that possible in PA? Today was the last day to register as a Democrat, right?
They can totally register as dems, vote in the primary and then vote for whoever in the general. It doesn't matter what you're registered as in the general.

Triumph

Banned
Jason's Ultimatum said:
Is it possible for Gore to become VP again?
Sure, I don't think there's a limit on how long you can be VP. Personally, I think Obama should go with Richardson as his VP to capture as much of the Latino vote as possible. McCain is savvy enough to realize that the stupid position much of the GOP has taken on illegal immigration is hurting the party with Latinos.

GhaleonEB

Saw this at TPM.

http://www.columbian.com/news/localNews/2008/03/03242008_Cantwell-supporting-Clinton--for-now.cfm/

She's a super delegate who has supported Clinton so far. It's similar to comments Pelosi made recently.

U.S. Sen. Maria Cantwell, one of Washington’s 17 Democratic superdelegates, isn’t ready to shift her allegiance from Sen. Hillary Clinton to Sen. Barack Obama — yet.

But in an interview with The Columbian’s editorial board Monday, she said the candidate with the most pledged delegates at the end of the primary season in late June will have the strongest claim to the party’s presidential nomination.

“I definitely don’t want the superdelegates to be the deciding factor,” she said.

“If we have a candidate who has the most delegates and the most states,” the Democratic party should come together around that candidate, Cantwell said. The pledged delegate count will be the most important factor, she said, because that is the basis of the nominating process.

Obama leads Clinton in pledged delegates, in the popular vote and in the number of state primaries and caucuses he has won. Most political observers say the party’s rules of proportionality mean Clinton has virtually no chance of overtaking Obama in the pledged delegate count in the 10 primaries that remain.

Clinton argues that she has won more of the big industrial states that Democrats must take to win in November and has momentum on her side.
Cantwell and Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., both endorsed Clinton several months ago.

Cantwell said she wouldn’t object to a primary contest that went into the summer if it focused on the issues facing the nation, but added, “We wouldn’t want to tear apart the party.”

“I think it’s important that we let it play out in June,” she said. At that point, she said, “I’d be urging my party to make a decision.”

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
ZealousD said:
Eeeehhhhhh.... that's a stretch. Let's not get too crazy now, mmkay?

He does have a good point. How many of the repubs switched over? That's the question.

tanod

when is my burrito
Jason's Ultimatum said:
Is it possible for Gore to become VP again?

Yep. He would only be restricted from being VP if he was President for 8 years.

Deus Ex Machina said:
Isn't the deadline to register Democrat in Pennsylvania this week?

All registration was closed yesterday.

KRS7

tanod said:
Yep. He would only be restricted from being VP if he was President for 8 years.

22nd Ammendment said:
No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.

Although it is probably open to interpretation, this article specifically refers to the office of President, not the Vice President. Theoretically even Clinton or Bush could run as a vice presidential candidate, since they wouldn't be running for the office of president. They may assume the office again if the president dies or resigns, but they wouldn't have been elected into that role.

GhaleonEB

mckmas8808 said:
He does have a good point. How many of the repubs switched over? That's the question.
I don't have the link handy, I'd posted it earlier. Democrat registration in PA hit a new record. However, both Republican and Independent registrations shrank, which may be a clue that there is a lot of cross overs.

GhaleonEB said:
I don't have the link handy, I'd posted it earlier. Democrat registration in PA hit a new record. However, both Republican and Independent registrations shrank, which may be a clue that there is a lot of cross overs.

Even before this season started Dem registrations were skyrocketing in PA, something like 64k new Dem registrations to ~20k of any other party registrations. So that's not totally surprising.

We'll see, I imagine new registrants are going to go Obama, and the existing, powerful Dem machine in PA will go hilary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom