• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of Tears/Lapel Pins (ScratchingHisCheek-Gate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Please explain this. I rarely bring up polls, but when I do it's an onslaught of information to back my claims - and my current claim is that the Wright thing has really damaged Obama, in more ways than one. As the dude from MyDD said it's time to have an adult conversation on this and face reality. Just last month people were writing McCain off.

If by rarely you mean weekly then sure. I guess a better label would be conveniently inconsistent, an example being your convenient exclusion of polls that refute your arguments (The latest NBC polls clashing with your current argument regarding Obama, conveniently excluding the Gallup polls when talking about negative trends, national polls being useless only a month or two ago yet religiously referring to them when beneficial to your argument, etc..).

Now Obama is being held accountable for things his former Pastor says/writes outside of church? This whole "controversy" is beyond ridiculous, but I'm going to have to agree with PD and siamesedreamer - this is far from over and it will haunt Obama if he wins the nomination. And it had caused his stock to fall a little bit, not as much as people were predicting but a lot of Repubs and Independents have been turned off by it...

ari said:
You know, politics show the ugly side of people some time. You guys might not be complete dicks, but...

It's the internet - I don't take it seriously. I do take my country seriously, and I just want the best for everyone

Indiana state legislators endorse Obama

"There, you've had it," Sen. Earline Rogers, a Gary Democrat, said after the lawmakers spoke. "Indiana, north, south, east, west, middle. Black, white, Hispanic. Urban, rural. We cross all of these spectrum. And with those kinds of demographics that Indiana possesses, those are precisely the democgraphics that will make Barack Obama the next president of the United States.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/samgrahamfelsen/gGBNyF

Imm0rt4l

Slurpy said:
To be fair to Phoenix Dark, he basically lives on this message board and on the internet, and probably has lost almost all touch with the outside world and reality, dealing with real people/situations, which goes hand in hand with sensibility and common sense.

His posts are more humor than anything, and I always read them as such and pretend he's being sarcastic, to avoid feeling too much pity for him that he actually takes himself and his disconnected views seriously.

Agreed.

APF

I also agree with the poster who asserts in disgusting venomous tones every other day that the people who disagree with me are in fact joke posters who should be ignored and pitied.

ToyMachine228 said:
I wonder how long it'll be until the media picks up on some of the things that McCain's pastor has said about destroying Islam, or how 9/11 and and Katrina were God's reactions to liberal policies in America.

And who would that be?

ari

Banned
APF said:
I also agree with the poster who asserts in disgusting venomous tones every other day that the people who disagree with me are in fact joke posters who should be ignored and pitied.

harSon

Banned
APF said:
I also agree with the poster who asserts in disgusting venomous tones every other day that the people who disagree with me are in fact martyrs who should be rewarded with babes and cash.

I agree whole heartedly :)

Lefty42o

Banned
032708DailyUpdateGraph1.gif

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
PhoenixDark said:
Polls show otherwise, but by on means continue to live in your fantasy world. And v1cious with respect to it being a Rasmussen poll: it's still more than capable of showing voting patterns, which is the point.
link or stfu or feel triumph's wrath!

My Life as Sen. Olympia J. Snowe (R-Maine), Starring Hillary Rambo Clinton

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...litics/fedpage

For those of you who doubt that story involving a Balkan airport, the one Hillary Rodham Clinton tells about darting across the tarmac to dodge sniper fire, take note: It really did happen.

Just not to Clinton.

In October 1995, six months before then-first lady Clinton led a delegation to Tuzla, Sen. Olympia J. Snowe (R-Maine) and six other senators went on a fact-finding mission through war-torn Sarajevo, just before the Dayton accords resulted in a U.S. military presence on the ground in Bosnia.

Snowe's congressional delegation had an experience remarkably similar to the one Sen. Clinton (D-N.Y.) described in a speech delivered on St. Patrick's Day. Clinton has since said that she "misspoke" when she recalled arriving in Tuzla under sniper fire.

Unlike Clinton's version, Snowe's story was backed up news accounts. Clinton's story has been debunked by sources including television news accounts and the memories of the comedian Sinbad.

The seven senators flew into the host city of the 1984 Olympics on a military C-130 that, in addition to its senatorial payload, was carrying 20,000 pounds of peas to the starved city. A States News Service dispatch from Oct. 20, 1995, provided a portion of Snowe's Bosnia account:

"It's really sad. People are basically just living there and trying to survive," the Maine Republican said. "They're constantly living under threat of shelling or sniper fire." . . . As the plane landed she took note of the fortified bunkers surrounding Sarajevo's airport. . . . She glanced at the wall of firetrucks lined up along the airport tarmac, acting as shields from any Serb gunman looking to make a name for himself. She dashed across the runway to an armored vehicle waiting to whisk the senators to the city center. She glared at the hollowed-out remains of buildings along the city's main highway, better known as "Sniper Alley."

sangreal said:

Exactly my point...too bad its not being reported that way. From your article:

John McCain, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, has been called upon to renounce a church leader he considers his spiritual guide for urging a Christian war to destroy the “false religion” of Islam.

A blatant misrepresentation of facts. And it seems to have already seaped into the talking points of the left as evidenced by the post I was initially refering to.

Jenga

Banned
So is anyone else convinced McCain had a clear shot at the election he didn't have a few months ago? Goddamn Clinton, her refusal to just gracefully surrender the nomination is RUINING chances of a democrat victory. I can't help but think about where we would be at if Hillary had lost Texas/Ohio and bowed out to support Obama.

ari

Banned
siamesedreamer said:
Exactly my point...too bad its not being reported that way. From your article:

John McCain, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, has been called upon to renounce a church leader he considers his spiritual guide for urging a Christian war to destroy the “false religion” of Islam.

A blatant misrepresentation of facts. And it seems to have already seaped into the talking points of the left as evidenced by the post I was initially refering to.
in other words, all the left have is mccain's economic issues and a false quote about iraq. Cool.

Odrion

Banned
Captain Pants said:
This warms my heart.
We'll need to wait until the gallop poll reacts to the media's inability to drop the Wright ordeal, but until now it's yaaaaaaaay.

I'm not too worried about Micky, all the Democrats need to do is keep going with the whole "He is an extension of George Bush."
To be fair, the wright issue would've came up regardless.
This is true as well. We still need the Democrats to quickly unite, that's one thing I liked about the Republicans.

Jenga said:
So is anyone else convinced McCain had a clear shot at the election he didn't have a few months ago? Goddamn Clinton, her refusal to just gracefully surrender the nomination is RUINING chances of a democrat victory. I can't help but think about where we would be at if Hillary had lost Texas/Ohio and bowed out to support Obama.
To be fair, the wright issue would've came up regardless.

gluv65 said:
My Life as Sen. Olympia J. Snowe (R-Maine), Starring Hillary Rambo Clinton

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...litics/fedpage

For those of you who doubt that story involving a Balkan airport, the one Hillary Rodham Clinton tells about darting across the tarmac to dodge sniper fire, take note: It really did happen.

Just not to Clinton.

In October 1995, six months before then-first lady Clinton led a delegation to Tuzla, Sen. Olympia J. Snowe (R-Maine) and six other senators went on a fact-finding mission through war-torn Sarajevo, just before the Dayton accords resulted in a U.S. military presence on the ground in Bosnia.

Snowe's congressional delegation had an experience remarkably similar to the one Sen. Clinton (D-N.Y.) described in a speech delivered on St. Patrick's Day. Clinton has since said that she "misspoke" when she recalled arriving in Tuzla under sniper fire.

Unlike Clinton's version, Snowe's story was backed up news accounts. Clinton's story has been debunked by sources including television news accounts and the memories of the comedian Sinbad.

The seven senators flew into the host city of the 1984 Olympics on a military C-130 that, in addition to its senatorial payload, was carrying 20,000 pounds of peas to the starved city. A States News Service dispatch from Oct. 20, 1995, provided a portion of Snowe's Bosnia account:

"It's really sad. People are basically just living there and trying to survive," the Maine Republican said. "They're constantly living under threat of shelling or sniper fire." . . . As the plane landed she took note of the fortified bunkers surrounding Sarajevo's airport. . . . She glanced at the wall of firetrucks lined up along the airport tarmac, acting as shields from any Serb gunman looking to make a name for himself. She dashed across the runway to an armored vehicle waiting to whisk the senators to the city center. She glared at the hollowed-out remains of buildings along the city's main highway, better known as "Sniper Alley."

Original link didn't work: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/26/AR2008032602971.html?tid=informbox

syllogism

Cheebs said:
Thats not a new super delegate. That's a add-on super delegate thats been counted since feb 5th. It's just a person picked to represent it has been picked out.

Edit: He is also likely to lose 2 super delegates. Rep. Wynn is stepping down in June and the gov of PR. is likely to be removed from office.
Counted by whom? The add-on delegate rules vary by state and while it was virtually certain an Obama supporter would be the delegate in CT, for example CNN and Politico still haven't added him.

Diablos

McCain is probably going to pick Romney as his running mate according to some speculation on MSNBC... either way, I wish Hillary would just go home.

How very selfish of her to keep this going. She knows she can't win by going with what the people said, so she's leaving it up to the superdelegates, not the people, to decide. Even James Carville is acting like an idiot now. I don't know if the Clinton camp is in denial, or what, but the sooner they pull the plug, the better. I'm really starting to get worried.

What really angers me about Hillary is that she'd rather drag this out until the convention, lose, and let McCain win instead of realizing Obama deserves the nomination. Hell, she even said herself that both she and McCain were basically more qualified than Obama.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
ari said:
in other words, all the left have is mccain's economic issues and a false quote about iraq. Cool.

False quote? No, sorry. There's nothing false about what he said. He very clearly said that in his fantasy Iraq, the one where American soldiers aren't a target and aren't in danger, the American public would be fine with us being there one hundred years, or even a thousand. He then went on to draw a comparison to post WWII Japan to help his "argument".

So in McCain's world, we achieve victory in Iraq somehow and this allows us to remain there with impunity---free of American backlash and free of Iraqi backlash. Just chillin'. :lol

Lemonz

Cheebs said:
Thats not a new super delegate. That's a add-on super delegate thats been counted since feb 5th. It's just a person picked to represent it has been picked out.

Edit: He is also likely to lose 2 super delegates. Rep. Wynn is stepping down in June and the gov of PR. is likely to be removed from office.
With Rep. Wynn, I think he still remains a delegate. Many delegates don't hold office or some used to be in office.

New obama pic.
capt.2ff975c8caef4d588551d34041354b89.obama_2008_orab137.jpg

Luckily recent polls show that people don't give a shit about the Wright/Obama controversy. Suck it down, MSNBC, CNN, and ESPECIALLY FoxNews. Americans are smarter to realize that it's Obama's issues for solving this country's problems that matter the most. Not what some Looney Tune maniac reverend says.

Lefty42o said:

the right wingers are so stupid its beyond belief, they think the wright issue is going to haunt barrack obama in the general election

well now we see the issue has had NO EFFECT on voters according to all the polls released.

the right should take a look at what happened to Hillary when she spoke of wright in a political way. she lost her polling

this is a campaign of change, not rehashes

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Luckily recent polls show that people don't give a shit about the Wright/Obama controversy. Suck it down, MSNBC, CNN, and ESPECIALLY FoxNews. Americans are smarter to realize that it's Obama's issues for solving this country's problems that matter the most. Not what some Looney Tune maniac reverend says.

buh buh...Paszta Wright!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom