• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ariana Huffington, known Liberal Communist Fascist Nazi Terrorist Lol, recently had this to say about John McCain:

Ariana Huffington said:
The man who once pledged to run a "respectful campaign" and who said that Obama "would rather lose a war in order to win a political campaign" has made it clear that he'd rather lose everything he has stood for than lose the White House.

Full Article Here

It's a pretty good read.

Tamanon

Banned
worldrunover said:
Eh, everyone does that. I think even Kucinich said "when I become president..."

I think that was his point:p

I mean look at how much was made of Obama prepping a transition staff, something done by McCain himself and by Presidential candidates in the past. Or of repainting his plane, or of countless other things.

The seal, that's legit to criticize, that's why it was gone so quickly, heh.

I wonder how the press will portray it after the convention when he starts getting PDBs from the CIA. Something done for many years now.

worldrunover said:
Eh, everyone does that. I think even Kucinich said "when I become president..."
He knew this, he's just pointing out how ridiculous it is to be calling Obama presumptuous for doing the same stuff.

Try and keep up.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
GOP's Pawlenty praises Obama's positive message

Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, often mentioned as a possible running mate for Republican presidential candidate John McCain, said Wednesday GOP candidates would do well to adopt a positive tone like that of McCain's Democratic rival Barack Obama.

"Say what you will about Barack Obama," the Minnesota Republican told a conservative group, "people gravitate when you have something positive to say."

NO VP FOR YOU!

Still...

He added that McCain has been positive as well.

TDG

Banned
It's funny that the "Obama: overconfident" line has caught on considering that we always hear that Americans like a politician to be a strong, confident fighter. Turns out, they just like big, old crybabies.

the disgruntled gamer said:
It's funny that the "Obama: overconfident" line has caught on considering that we always hear that Americans like a politician to be a strong, confident fighter. Turns out, they just like big, old crybabies.

no. theyre just a bunch of morons that don't know what the fuck they want

Zonar said:

i find this to be kind of creepy and nonsensical... its like erm, okay. she wishes she was the first lady or something? its like the unmarried woman that wears a wedding dress around the house

TDG

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
So, about that veep question......
As far as I can recall, the Dems have announced right before the convention in the recent history, while the Repubs usually announce at the convention.

Oh and this whole thing about Bill Clinton supposedly shitting Obama by saying that he doesn't think anyone can ever be ready to be president, come on... He should know, he was one. The media sickens me how they fed this into their narrative. I mean how can you truly be ready to be President if you haven't done it before, even if you were the spouse of one?

Bill Clinton's comments made perfect sense.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Someone put an Obama sticker on the back of McCain's bus.

McCain spokesman: "We will have revenge!"

Tamanon

Banned
1_Chinese-forward.jpg

http://animalnewyork.com/1_Chinese-forward.jpg

I.....I actually kinda want that as a poster.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
reilo said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Someone put an Obama sticker on the back of McCain's bus.

McCain spokesman: "We will have revenge!"

:lol I was gonna post the pics but forgot. And did the McCain guy really say "We will have revenge!"?? Did he do it whilst clasping his hands together and laughing evilly?

reilo

bob_arctor said:
:lol I was gonna post the pics but forgot. And did the McCain guy really say "We will have revenge!"?? Did he do it whilst clasping his hands together and laughing evilly?

He did say that, but I don't know how he said it, it was an Oddball segment and the quote was read.

PICS!

0805082013.jpg

0805082013a.jpg

The bus is in Florida for events with Joe Lieberman; McCain isn't there, spokesman Brian Rogers emails, adding:

"We will have revenge! Their tires will be inflated!"

:lol :lol :lol

polyh3dron said:
Oh and this whole thing about Bill Clinton supposedly shitting Obama by saying that he doesn't think anyone can ever be ready to be president, come on... He should know, he was one. The media sickens me how they fed this into their narrative. I mean how can you truly be ready to be President if you haven't done it before, even if you were the spouse of one?

Bill Clinton's comments made perfect sense.
Bill Clinton is being petulant and not a good Democrat. He should be supporting the Democratic nominee.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
not campaign related, but i like it just the same - http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080806/ap_on_go_co/us_india_nuclear

Berman wrote Rice that he found it "incomprehensible that the administration apparently intends to seek or accept an exemption from the Nuclear Suppliers Group guidelines for India with few or none of the conditions" in a 2006 U.S. law provisionally approving nuclear cooperation with India.

"Such an exemption," Berman said, "would be inconsistent with U.S. law, place American firms at a severe competitive disadvantage and undermine critical U.S. nonproliferation objectives. It would also jeopardize congressional support for nuclear cooperation with India, this year and in the future."
yesssssss.

Cheebs

adamsappel said:
Bill Clinton is being petulant and not a good Democrat. He should be supporting the Democratic nominee.
And his whole tone and attitude in the interview was one of bitterness and resentment. He isn't happy with Obama, it is very clear just from how he acts.

reilo

"Obama's weakness with white, working class voters."

What weakness?

Cheebs

Apparently McCain is more up to date on movies than Obama:
Obama said he thought the last movie he saw was "Shrek the Third," which came out in May 2007. "Not as good as the original," he said.
McCain said he recently saw the summer blockbuster "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."
"I enjoyed that so much," he said. "The old guy wins."

All though McCain loved Indy IV ugh...

Cheebs

BenjaminBirdie said:
Pretty sure Obama saw Wall-E with his kids. Obama wins.
He said that?

All though McCain wins on tv picks. Asked about favorite tv shows Obama said Sponge Bob and McCain said Curb Your Enthusiasm...

Cheebs

Incognito said:
Might be having some problems with his diabetes. I know that was the reasoning behind his last sabbatical (back in late 2007).
I am pretty sure he is off cause of the conventions. He is hosting for 8 hours (5 PM to 2 AM) straight four days a week for two weeks pretty soon. Because he is still doing his weekly chris matthews show on sundays. His episode this sunday was him hosting and brand new and it was after a week of a guest host on hardball.

reilo

Classic.

Hardball: "Why doesn't Obama have a bigger lead in the polls?"

Answers thus far:

- Media is underestimating McCain
- Media focusing too much on Obama, not creating clear distinctions between the two
- Obama didn't do anything positive by going overseas
- Voters don't know Obama well enough
- Race

le sigh.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
reilo said:
Classic.

Answers thus far:

- Media focusing too much on Obama, not creating clear distinctions between the two
- Obama didn't do anything positive by going overseas
- Race

le sigh.

I got tired of watching MSNBC and I'm a liberal. It is the same shit every single day.

TDG

Banned
reilo said:
Classic.

Answers thus far:

- Media focusing too much on Obama, not creating clear distinctions between the two- Obama didn't do anything positive by going overseas
- Race

le sigh.
Well, that one is true at least. And WTF @ voter don't know Obama well enough. is that a joke? Jesus, I feel like I could recite his entire history considering that the media never shuts up about him. McCain is the one I don't know well, outside of him being a POW I know very little about him.

Mumei

Cheebs said:
He said that?

All though McCain wins on tv picks. Asked about favorite tv shows Obama said Sponge Bob and McCain said Curb Your Enthusiasm...

http://www.motherjones.com/riff_blog/archives/2008/01/6933_barack_obama_sa.html

So Barack Obama says his favorite TV show is The Wire. And his favorite character, he tells the Las Vegas Sun, is Omar Little, the charismatic, sawed-off shotgun toting, Honey Nut Cheerios-eating, gay stickup artist. “That’s not an endorsement. He’s not my favorite person, but he’s a fascinating character,” says Obama, displaying both admirable honesty and pop-culture cred, yet risking alienating the demographic (i.e., women) that will never forgive Omar for helping set up Stringer Bell. And all the culture warriors who will take issue with Obama calling the gangster "sort of a Robin Hood."

Obama wins on TV picks.

Cheebs said:
Apparently McCain is more up to date on movies than Obama:

All though McCain loved Indy IV ugh...

I was gonna laugh at McCain for liking Indy IV but this evens it out
WASHINGTON (AP) — John McCain's favorite television commander in chief plays the first black U.S. president.

Just the role Democrat Barack Obama is looking to fill.

"You know, I hope that I and all Americans can be colorblind about any president," the Republican contender said when asked about the similarities between Obama and President Palmer of Fox's "24."

:bow

Palmer <3

Alright so according to Chuck Todd, Obama's VP is not going to be a surprise. So who does that give us? I really haven't been following what the MSM thinks Obama's short list is right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom