• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Politco: White House rattled by McCarthy's spoof of Spicer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
In our new topsy turvy world SNL is actually impacting a branch of government more than journalists. What in the what what.

Not

Banned
In our new topsy turvy world SNL is actually impacting a branch of government more than journalists. What in the what what.

Satire always gets under dictators' skins the most. That's pretty universal.

They want to be BIG and STRONG and POWERFUL and people making fun of them reminds them that they're just little boys on a playground still

Ithil

There's no one, not even Obama, that Trump hates more than Rosie O Donnell, so forever associating Bannon with her in his mind is actually a smart tactic.

Rosie O Donnel on SNL has got to happen. She's probably Trump's most hated person in the world and her making fun of him would devastate him!

watershed

Banned
We always knew this was one of Trump's many weaknesses, that he can't take a joke and hates being ridiculed. SNL needs to exploit their power and damage Trump as much as possible. Bring on Rosie!

Oh yeah, this has been going on for a damn long time. I can remember back to Dana Carvey's George H.W. Bush days...not sure about before that. Not sure why Trump would think he's immune.

They've been making fun of Presidents since the beginning of SNL. Chevy Chase used to do skits as Gerald Ford. I think the late Phil Hartman used to do Reagan. Trump is just the first one in 40 years to get personally offended by a comedy sketch.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Satire always gets under dictators' skins the most. That's pretty universal.

They want to be BIG and STRONG and POWERFUL and people making fun of them reminds them that they're just little boys on a playground still

Thats a good point. Fucking SNL.

sazzy

The problem with anyone playing Bannon is that Bannon doesn't have a public persona.

This is why I think SNLs depiction of Bannon as a masked and hooded (hence unknown, but destructive) figure went down so well.

SexyFish

Banned
The problem with anyone playing Bannon is that Bannon doesn't have a public persona.

This is why I think SNLs depiction of Bannon as a masked and hooded (hence unknown, but destructive) figure went down so well.
I like the idea of her doing qoutes of stupid racist shit he's said with citations.

rekameohs

Banned

Problem is that Bannon himself has talked about Darth Vader / Satan / etc in good terms so making him Death probably fuels him. Might as well make him weak, too.

Make Trump his bitch like they are now, but have Rosie play him. So Bannon is played by their most hated person, and AlecTrump subservient to her.

Hale-XF11

9ysk70E.png

For real, she could very easily play Bannon.

omg, please make this happen

I thought that was lazy, to be honest. Depicting him as the Grim Reaper made Bannon look like a cartoon character instead of incredibly dangerous. SNL did a much better job making Cheney seem evil back in the day.

Dai101

Banned

Woo-Fu

Banned
Makes you wonder what Trump expected from Spicer when he sent him out to lie through his teeth at the very first press conference. Not trying to give Spicer any credit here but talk about being set up to fail.

george_us

Trump might be out by March if the media keeps this up. Not even a month in and his cabinet is already shook over a comedy sketch.

Nepenthe

"When it comes to these decisions, the Constitution gives our President lots o power, and Steve Bannon is the key ad-visor. And our President will knot be de-turd in his fight against radical moose lambs."

I fucking cried.

"'Trump doesn't like his people to look weak,' added a top Trump donor."

But he has no qualms about them (or him really) looking a fool and a liar. Gotcha.

Now I wish it was McCarthy playing Trump.

All-female cast. Except for his wife and Conway, who would be men in drag, with the exception of Putin (mandatory toplessness, you know).

The Kree

Banned
Imagine if every time Trump tried to do something reasonable Bannon hit him over the head with a rolled up newspaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom