• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Have you guys already entertained yourselves with the likely scenario that would ensue under an EC tie?

Romney/Biden... not even joking.

God bless our voting system

He means likely scenario if a tie happened.

Ah. Well, if there were an EC tie, and we got Romney/Biden, I would hope it would force a spirit of cooperation that would get some bipartisan work done over the next few years. That's my hope. My expectation would be complete gridlock and a further deepening of the partisan divide, fueled by the idiot talking heads on radio and 24 hour news networks.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ah. Well, if there were an EC tie, and we got Romney/Biden, I would hope it would force a spirit of cooperation that would get some bipartisan work done over the next few years. That's my hope. My expectation would be complete gridlock.

Biden would throw Romney under the bus as soon as possible. There is no way he'd put up with Romney's shit.

I agree but to not recognize when Iran is playing politics is a little foolish.

I'd imagine you're right. They'd certainly rather deal with the Obama administration than a Bush redux, which is all Romney will be (while expanding Obama's drone war, of course). And I can't blame them; best to stick with the devil you know.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'd love to see Iran give up their nuclear weapon ambitions in exchange for an end of sanctions/nuclear energy for their economy. Something tells me conservatives (perhaps you?) and Israel would prefer Iran remain a boogeyman

Ah. Well, if there were an EC tie, and we got Romney/Biden, I would hope it would force a spirit of cooperation that would get some bipartisan work done over the next few years. That's my hope. My expectation would be complete gridlock and a further deepening of the partisan divide, fueled by the idiot talking heads on radio and 24 hour news networks.
It'd make for good material on SNL at least.

GTI Guy

Why is Clinton wearing his Indiana Jones outfit?

121103_clinton_obama_ap_605.jpg

Where can I get the jacket Obama is wearing?

Puddles

Banned
Following Jay Cost on twitter was a bad move. The guy spams like crazy, and he looks and sounds like an idiot. I'll keep him on there for three more days just to get his reaction when his unskewing fails to materialize and his world comes crashing down.

It wouldn't matter. The VP doesn't do anything*, so it'd be up to the Senate to keep Romney from getting too crazy, just like in an outright Romney win.

Well, the fact that there was an actual tie should have been the impetus for cooperation, nevermind the fact that you have Romney and Biden front and center, ceremonial position or not.

But I maintain that the VP is a very important person, and he drives a Dodge Stratus.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It wouldn't matter. The VP doesn't do anything*, so it'd be up to the Senate to keep Romney from getting too crazy, just like in an outright Romney win.

If you think Biden wouldn't be out there every week talking shit about Mitt's plans then I dunno what to say. Personally I hope he stands behind Mitt and just fact checks his speeches as he gives them.

Following Jay Cost on twitter was a bad move. The guy spams like crazy, and he looks and sounds like an idiot. I'll keep him on there for three more days just to get his reaction when his unskewing fails to materialize and his world comes crashing down.

Same reason why I'm following him and Josh Jordan (@NumbersMuncher). Oh, the schadenfreude will be delicious.

Is it just me or does Nate's Electoral Victory percentage not make any sense? If you only gave Obama states where Nate has him at over 85% likelihood to win he squeaks by with 271 votes, giving all other states below that threshold. Yet despite this the odds of Obama winning are also just 85%?

pigeon

Banned
Is it just me or does Nate's Electoral Victory percentage not make any sense? If you only gave Obama states where Nate has him at over 85% likelihood to win he squeaks by with 271 votes, giving all other states below that threshold. Yet despite this the odds of Obama winning are also just 85%?

The odds of winning states are correlated. If Obama does poorly enough to lose a state he has 85% chance to win in, its very likely he will do that badly in every state and get blown out.

Jackson50

The report may be inaccurate. A source in Fars is already denying the suspension. And if Fars publishes a story, it's probably been officially approved. I'm highly skeptical they would suspend enrichment. And if by some miracle they did, I'm doubtful it's in good faith. But we can always hope.
Dispatch poll is considered to be pretty good. So, pretty close there at 50-48...maybe we are seeing some OH tightening. But Obama at 50% is good.
Please, consider the other polls from Ohio. The race has not tightened.

Averon

Like clockwork. Evey 4 years the GOP gets their hopes up and get suckered into wasting time and money in a vain attempt to flip PA red.

edit: The fact that the seriously think MN is in play is hilarious. Either they truly believe this hidden Romney wave the polls are missing, or they feel that their chances in swings states aren't great and is trying--in vain-- to expand their electoral map.

All this shit regarding PA was already covered by Maddow on Friday night.

Stay free, Repubs.

Excellent ad, btw Konex.

And if Obama loses, we'll know that your new avatar had everything to do with it.

All this shit regarding PA was already covered by Maddow on Friday night.

Stay free, Repubs.

Excellent ad, btw Konex.

And if Obama loses, we'll know that your new avatar had everything to do with it.

Konex called the election for Romney a while ago. The power of Konex and Dick Morris is an unforeseen power.

Not a fan. That ad reminded me of one of the more disgusting "future America" ads
All that shit is what Romney and Ryan have said they want to do though, it's not like when the right wing nutters say OBUMMER GONNA TAKE YER GUNZ

Plus, that Apple parody ad doesn't even have Hillary saying anything incendiary. I'm not getting the comparison at all.

And that China ad isn't based on any positions Obama takes, it's just fear mongering with nothing based on reality.

I'm seriously not understanding the comparisons here.

Pee Wee Herman endorsed Obama
For me, this election is like the choice between store-bought ice cream (maybe even diet Ice Milk), and mouth-watering, homemade, unbelievably delicious frozen custard. How did I arrive at this conclusion?

This week President Obama was working hard alongside Governor Bruce Springsteen of New Jersey (boy, he sure has gained some weight) to help the people most in need. It struck me that the choice I'll be making Tuesday is like going for store-bought ice cream when it's obvious what you really need is homemade frozen custard. President Obama is like the delicious frozen custard you'd get at Kohr's. President Obama has the 1.4 percent egg yolk solids needed to run this country.
Game over mitt.

Diablos

Haha, I remember when I was a kid in 1991 and my parents tried to explain to me what happened to Pee Wee.

Shit was comedy gold.

fallagin

Man, Clinton really pulled through for Obama. Who knows how the electorate might've looked without Big Willy's support.

I'm sad no one wrote a fanfic for Bill Clinton.

Yeah, Bill Clinton really came through. He is a really great guy, as his approval ratings show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom