• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

IronRinn

Well sadly, it's not of the 4 Kubrick movies everyone has seen. When it comes to Kubrick it works like this:

Everyone loves 2001 and Dr. Strangelove.

Dudebros and informed film-goers love A Clockwork Orange, The Shining and Full Metal Jacket.

Everything else is basically for film fans. Even though things like Barry Lyndon, The Killing, Paths of Glory and Eyes Wide Shut are better than not only ACO and FMJ, but most movies in general, they don't appeal to the wider audience I guess.
Sounds about right, though I would not put Eyes Wide Shut over A Clockwork Orange. Maybe my least favorite Kubrick film, even though my opinion of it has improved since its release. Could use more posters for Paths of Glory and any posters for The Killing for sure but Barry Lyndon is a priority!

IronRinn

Tiny Showcase has a Nate Duval print up:

2501.jpg
Bird 5 16" x 20" hand-printed, 12-color screen print. Edition size of ?, $80

IronRinn

Today, Tuesday, February 7th at 12PM ET on Bottleneck: The Force Awakens by Lee Garbett.

forceREG_large.jpg

24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 225, $50

forceVAR_large.jpg

24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 100, $60

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
On sale Thursday, 2/9, 1pm EST at Grey Matter Art:

8VzUizs.jpg

"Planet of the Apes"
Artist: Kevin Wilson
Size: 24x36
Regular Edition: 200/$45.00
Printed By: D & L Screen Printing

Z3lD7Mh.jpg

"Planet of the Apes"
Variant Edition: 125/$55.00

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Haha, Jean is hilarious. He just keeps putting out images that everybody is like, "oh, that's the one you picked for mass release? ok."

I'm gonna get one :)

Big Wazu

On sale Thursday, 2/9, 1pm EST at Grey Matter Art:

8VzUizs.jpg

"Planet of the Apes"
Regular Edition: 200/$45.00

Z3lD7Mh.jpg

"Planet of the Apes"
Variant Edition: 125/$55.00

I really, really like those. May try to get the regular edition.

IronRinn

Tomorrow, Thursday, February 8th at 12PM ET on Bottleneck: Predator by Oliver Barrett:

24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 200, $50

They're also going to have some more mystery tubes. No exclusive prints, but 5 prints in each tube, $50.

fallengorn

On sale on Mondo tomorrow, 2/9, at a random time.

Green Room by Oliver Barrett
24"x18" Screen Print, Edition of 175
Printed by D&L Screenprinting
$45

Green Room (Flyer Variant) by Oliver Barrett
24"x18" Screen Print, Edition of 100
$55

Big Trouble in Little China by Sam Bosma
24"x36" Screen Print, Edition of 275
$45

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Green Room is a fucking fantastic movie, and that's a clever print.

fallengorn

Friday, February 10th at 12:30PM PST on Dark Hall Mansion: The Wizard of Oz by Nicolas Delort:

20" x 28" screen print. Numbered edition of 280, $65. Foil edition of 10, $150.

20" x 28" screen print. Numbered edition of 50, $95. Foil edition of 10, $150.
Just saw some pics on Nico's instagram and it looks nicer. I don't understand why DHS would release such shitty images.

IronRinn

Raid71 will have AP copies of his Watchmen prints today, Friday, February 10th at 1PM ET.

24" x 36", 10-color screen print with glow in the dark inks. Signed and numbered AP edition of 15 (less available online), £70

24" x 36", 9-color screen print with metallic rain. Signed and numbered AP edition of 8 (less available online), £80

24" x 36", 9-color screen print. Signed and numbered AP edition of 8 (less available online), £60

krl87

Neo Member
hey guys,

been a while since i posted. i'd like to extend an invite to whoever's interested in joining a ghibli print group. you've maybe seen some of the stuff we've done in the past (ferguson, eng, drew wise, raid).

we've got some really great stuff about to start and i wanted to spread the love! i would just ask that you actually participate in the commissions and not just lurk.

if you're interested shoot me a pm and i'll direct you to the group.

hey guys,

been a while since i posted. i'd like to extend an invite to whoever's interested in joining a ghibli print group. you've maybe seen some of the stuff we've done in the past (ferguson, eng, drew wise, raid).

we've got some really great stuff about to start and i wanted to spread the love! i would just ask that you actually participate in the commissions and not just lurk.

Hey y'all, DO IT.
Do it before you ask again where I got this:
3HhlfJ.jpg

Got a few other things in frames too
FLdGO2.jpg

ZqB8Rr.jpg

krl87

Neo Member
hey guys,

if you do pm me just make sure to include your name. and yes its a fb group. thanks guys!

IronRinn

hey guys,

If you guys like Ghibli, get in on this group. Krl87 is a boss.

Also, I'm out this week so if you see a cool release, post away. I'm just gonna be out here, trying not to be pissed off about missing the Waxwork Records drop for The Thing soundtrack.

omgkitty

Tong_Arrival_REGULAR_FINAL-680x1020.jpg

Arrival (REGULAR EDITION)
Artist: Kevin Tong
24″x36″, 12-color screenprint
Edition of 325
$60

Tong_Arrival_VARIANT_FINAL-680x1020.jpg

Arrival (VARIANT EDITION)
Artist: Kevin Tong
24″x36″, 12-color screenprint
Edition of 150
$80

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I really want to like the arrival poster, but something is bothering me about the way the equipment stands out.

I love the property, I love the layout of this poster, too, but visually something is bothering me.

Filthy Slug

Don't forget about the James Jean Bunny Orgy piece--the timed sale ends soon!

Meier

Some of you might appreciate this. Took a little video of the 8 framed prints that we had dropped off the other day. 6 of them (plus another 1 or 2 that were at home) are for my wife's office at work but I'm going to put up the Totoro and Laputa one in mine.

https://streamable.com/jhrlt

Meier

Has anyone been to one of these before? How early should I show up? How's the selection? Is it just recent stuff or do they dig deep?

I've been to most of them -- it's usually a bunch of stuff that isn't all that exciting but you might find one or two that are worth considering if you don't have them already. There will definitely be a line. I missed out on a Moss Mononoke by 1 person at the first one they did back when it was out of the South Lamar Alamo store.. very depressing.

Top Bottom