• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Meier

Tried to find out if my wife would be interested in the pins but didn't have any luck until like 11:40 and they were sold out. Anyone buy some or any just cause and feel like selling them? Let me know.

IronRinn

Available tomorrow, Wednesday, October 21st, along with the vinyl on Mondo:

08922c4e-caf4-4a55-932b-7dcd4224ef43.jpg

Back to the Future by James Flames. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 325. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Back to the Future (Variant) by James Flames. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

Back to the Future Part III by Matt Taylor. 36"x20" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 325. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

Back to the Future Part III (Variant) by Matt Taylor. 36"x20" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $75

Meier

Available tomorrow, Wednesday, October 21st, along with the vinyl on Mondo:

Back to the Future by James Flames. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 325. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

I really like the art of this and the lettering but Marty does not look very good.

IronRinn

I think the Taylor is great, but it's for a movie that I'm not a huge fan of. Also, I don't know why they didn't keep the dimensions of his three prints at least somewhat the same. Makes them a bit of a hassle to display together.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
That Matt Taylor reg is fucking fantastic!

And the James Flames feels like it's only half a print. I wonder if they'll have him do another to match to it directly.

I think the Taylor is great, but it's for a movie that I'm not a huge fan of. Also, I don't know why they didn't keep the dimensions of his three prints at least somewhat the same. Makes them a bit of a hassle to display together.

Matt Taylor is a talented talented man.
I am not a massive fan of the film but this print really does something for me...I love the colours on both versions and the composition. I love all of it! More so than the others in the series. Its a Mondo drop so highly unlikely I will be about for the drop due to work so will just have to settle with the vinyl and maybe frame the cover up or something. At least that way the three will be uniform / same format, although not the full print.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Since a bunch of people ostensibly dig Matt Taylor, y'all should check out the comic he's co-creating with writer Ales Kot: Wolf. It's a really great modern take on a John Constantine character filtered through the weirdness that is Los Angeles. Also, Matt's story-telling is seriously getting stronger each issue:

LaneDS

Can't post it at work, but Killian Eng just posted two rad Star Wars prints he's doing on private commission. Someone should totally post those who isn't me!

IronRinn

edf6c77f-4a3c-41ad-9a93-bd2a7026a4f5.png

Like the long suffering wife who writes into Savage Love regarding her husband's unsettling, but ultimately harmless pony-play fetish, Bottleneck has decided to be GGG and entertain deadbolt1388's pin proclivities. Their newest venture is called pin pinz. They sell pins. Go there for pins and let us speak of this no more.

Bottleneck supporting segregation of pins and prints: http://www.pinpinz.com/

I thought this was 2015.
This is how it must be.

Filthy Slug

Pin Pinz is run out of Deadbolt's basement. He's having a secret pin show there tonite, so I hear.

IronRinn

Tomorrow, Thursday, October 22nd on Mondo: The last of MondoCon.

The Goonies by Tyler Stout. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 750. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

Batman by Ken Taylor. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 300. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

Lil' Mikey Figure (Red & Gray Variant). Based on art by Mike Mitchell. Approx. 9-inch vinyl premium collectible figure. Edition of 100. $85

LProtag

Damn, how fast does stuff on Mondo normally sell out?

I know they're putting out the Twin Peaks vinyl and I really want that...

I'd also like to snag a nice poster sometime when the right one comes up.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Damn, how fast does stuff on Mondo normally sell out?

I know they're putting out the Twin Peaks vinyl and I really want that...

I'd also like to snag a nice poster sometime when the right one comes up.

Usually pretty fast, but it all depends on the artist and subject matter.

You shouldn't have a problem getting the vinyl for something, for the most part. Even if they go fast, it's not as bad as prints.

Ken Taylor and its my favorite Batman. Hmmm...I might need to try for it.

Also, saw some mentions of Tim Doyle not being a cool guy. What happened there? I always liked his "The Sea Also Rises" series but know little of the man.

Can't wait to fail on another Stout. I'll give it a shot though.

Ken Taylor and its my favorite Batman. Hmmm...I might need to try for it.

Also, saw some mentions of Tim Doyle not being a cool guy. What happened there? I always liked his "The Sea Also Rises" series but know little of the man.

He prints multiple editions after claiming there won't be any reprints. His mystery tube sales are a robbery. He's kind of a jerk. He is Daniel Danger's foe, which probably makes him a bad person.

Luderico

Man that Batman is reeeeaaaly nice. Give me something like that for Batman Returns and iam in.

As for the Eng prints. Small commission number, would guess around 300$ a piece. And the licensing. When its private and the numbers are small i think its ok. But correct me if iam wrong.

IronRinn

Man that Batman is reeeeaaaly nice. Give me something like that for Batman Returns and iam in.

As for the Eng prints. Small commission number, would guess around 300$ a piece. And the licensing. When its private and the numbers are small i think its ok. But correct me if iam wrong.

As a copyright attorney noted earlier in this thread, it is never "ok". These companies could sue whenever they wanted to, but it's probably not a great look to go after a devoted fan base that is already dumping significant amounts of cash into your lap.

oh so im not the only one that thinks Tim Doyle is kind of a jerk? I only know him from con afterparties and artist meet ups so i had no clue what his online behavior was like.

he seemed kind of bitter he couldnt hack it as a comics artist. which hey comics will break your heart, making posters is a sweet gig but even then hes gotten pissy at a friend of mine for doing better than he did at one con.

idk i dont want to talk too much shit about someone i dont know all that well but seeing that he doesnt have a great reputation at least confirms that him coming off like a jerk wasnt just a random outcome of the situation

He prints multiple editions after claiming there won't be any reprints. His mystery tube sales are a robbery. He's kind of a jerk. He is Daniel Danger's foe, which probably makes him a bad person.

Ohhh well that's interesting. They mystery tube sales were pretty lackluster to me. I'm not expecting to find the golden ticket but I didn't really feel like I got $50 in value for what I was sent.

Damn ! I wonder how much a private commission like that costs? One day.....lol.
Also are private commission's impervious to licensing?

That is a sexy Empire poster right there. Wow.

Has Mondo said anything about shipping the Mad Max prints? My order is still "unfulfilled".

Also, whatever happened to the rest of the Terrence Malick filmography prints? We got Badlands and I think that was it. Really was excited to see who wound up doing TTRL and The New World.

Sigma722

Don't forget that right now they are technically locked in other people's carts, and a few of those will expire and be reintroduced.

best method id to add to cart
go to cart
click checkout
click back
click checkout
rinse repeat until you get to a real checkout screen

+1 goonies, without a bot. Fun times

ruxtpin

Banned
No Goonies for me. It looks like it's still in-stock, but I grabbed a Batman poster and Lil Mikey figure. Nuff' money spent.

As a copyright attorney noted earlier in this thread, it is never "ok". These companies could sue whenever they wanted to, but it's probably not a great look to go after a devoted fan base that is already dumping significant amounts of cash into your lap.

Isn't it still a big risk for someone like Eng who could he working with the license or an affiliated license in an official and fully legal capacity ? Doesn't he run the risk of being "blacklisted" ?

On another note Hero Complex totally hooked me up on Twitter and I ended up getting my hands on a Delort Zelda ! Thought I was gonna have to eBay it down the line. So yeah, shout outs to Adam at Hero Complex Gallery. Thats customer service baby!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Has Mondo said anything about shipping the Mad Max prints? My order is still "unfulfilled".

I remember they posted a pic on instagram recently of Mitchell signing all his stuff with a small mention that they're going to start shipping soon. Taylors should follow after that.

Edit: That was 6 days ago, so they should've started shipping the Mitchells. They said it was going to take awhile, so I guess all you can do is sit tight.

Isn't it still a big risk for someone like Eng who could he working with the license or an affiliated license in an official and fully legal capacity ? Doesn't he run the risk of being "blacklisted" ?
I don't know if it's a "big" risk, but yeah that can certainly happen or just flat out sued.

IronRinn

Carted the second it came up nd I still got "Inventory Issues". Man, what the fuck was that?

Oh well, next up: Miss out on another fucking lotto.

Top Bottom