• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone loves Kiss It Better it seems. It was among the most streamed songs of the album too. Thank god it wasn't scrapped. It would've been one of the biggest mistakes of Rhat's career. Now make it the next single!

I'd be curious what a single or radio mix would be like. A chorus with more punch would do wonders.

image.php

This is just disrespectful.

slutty.gif

no.
I loved her on AHS but I need music, a nice long era and a tour before she goes back to acting

I agree. We need Gaga to focus on music for 2016/17 with another huge world tour and single slayage that breaks chart records again.
She needs to stop wasting her time and get on it.

I also listened to Anti... The first song is actually pretty good. However, for me, it feels like she's trying to pull off a BEYONCÉ with her album. Changing her sound for a more mature attempt to be taken really seriously... It just feels a lot like BEYONCÉ for me... Which is probably why it has a 'samey' sound throughout the album

Updated predictions for the pop girls. Feel free to contribute your guesses tbh.

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-28%20at%202.13.15%20PM_zpslxbq7cjq.png

Here are most and least optimistic predictors:

RIHANNA
Most optimistic - rhandino
Least optimistic - pitster03

KATY
Most - Soulscribe, rhandino
Least - Touchdown

GAGA
Most - Beysus
Least - CRD90

BEYONCE
Most - pitster03
Least - Blood Diamonds

BRITNEY
Most - Nasser (aww bb)
Least - pitster03

CHRISTINA
Most - Floridian
Least - mrV4ltor

LORDE
Most - rhandino
Least - Touchdown

<3

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
So are we counting this two day week for Anti?
Because if so its gonna be like 20k max

If we're going next week its still gonna be like 50k max

Floridian

You take me higher, higher than I've ever been, babe
Just come over, let's pour a drink, babe
I hope I ain't calling you too late, too late
You light my fire!
Let's stay up late and smoke a J
I wanna go back to the old way
But I'm drunk and still with a full ash tray
With a little bit too much to say!

xjk8V5u.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Heard this earleir today and really liked it. Her vocals remind me of some early 2000s R&B, even though the production is more poppy/ballad stuff
Rosie Lowe - Woman
The DJ compared her writing style to Carole King, but I've not had much experience with ha to comment on that

dddddd i thought she had the critical acclaim on lock???? makskfjfjfk

edit:
This, for better or worse, is clearly the music Rihanna likes: leftfield, stoned and strange. It is Rihanna without hits. This strange album, released without warning over the internet for free, may well be a reflection of the fact that not even her own backers really expects this to be a commercial blockbuster. It is more an exercise in rebranding, transforming the hit girl into a serious artist.

This is so vile lmao

So strange but I see where the reviews are coming from a bit. I don't think anyone expected this from Rihanna, whatever it is. I wonder if she'll leave mainstream then or rebound with Anti Act 2

Floridian

Rih is doomed for critics no matter what. Whether it be for her collaborations, "no hits" even when Work is still smashing iTunes atm, the album rollouts, etc. People are never satisfied with her.

Mau ®

Rih is doomed for critics no matter what. Whether it be for her collaborations, "no hits" even when Work is still smashing iTunes atm, the album rollouts, etc. People are never satisfied with her.

I'm interested in the Pichfork rihview. They praised the fuck outta "Higher".

Matt_

tumblr_o1mk7lX1Gq1ql6jd8o1_540.png

king of urban radio knows his shit
rih had her moment

Got me like ah-ah-ah-ow
I’m tired of being played like a violin
What do I gotta do to get in your motherfuckin’ heart
Baby like (ah, woo, ah)

xjk8V5u.gif

Whew this vocal highlight.

rhandino

Banned
ANTi is now my favorite album from Rihanna after listening to Desperado and Higher so I hope that the #NVAY embrace this flop yet TrueArt era of ha.

VSHtmaP.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Updated predictions for the pop girls. Feel free to contribute your guesses tbh.<3

Rihanna- How... do I even guess? 200,000 would have been my pick before it dropped for free
Katy- 310,000
Gaga- 500,000
Beyonce- 305,000
Britney- 95,000
Christina- 15,000
Lorde- 100,000
Zayn Malik- 110,000

Wrong. It had Venus, G.U.Y, Sexxx Dreams, Do What U Want, ARTPOP and Applause! Bookmark me

Sexxx Dreams was trash, Do What U Want featured an alleged sex criminal, and Applause is her worst lead single. Bookmark tossed in trash.

Venus, Mary Jane Holland, and Fashion! are the three songs that are still useable bops.

Mau ®

It's pulling me apart, this time
Everything is never ending
Slipped into a peril that I'll never understand
This feeling always gets away

crying ;____;

Wrong. It had Venus, G.U.Y, Sexxx Dreams, Do What U Want, ARTPOP and Applause! Bookmark me

Dontatella still slays tbh. ARTPOP was just misjudged and management and Gagas antics failed. It was a mess and deserved every drag.

Anti is a mess too... ARTPOP part 2 incomming

Applause was amazing and still is to this day. Most underrated Gaga song personally. It slays your faves

rhandino

Banned
ARTPOP talk? How predictable...

VSHtmaP.gif

I don't let metacritic scores dictate what I should like/enjoy so it's at the end it's pretty irrelevant.
I cant see this album getting acclaim as a whole but some of the songs will be well received.

Hoping that the next single is Kiss It Better.

PD: Im kind pf pressed that she excluded #BBHMM and 45S from the final product.

Nasser

My girls are going to save pop music once again. Just wait for Britney and Xtina to release their new album. They're about to do what they're about to do and they're about to do what the other girls shoulda did

cb579651a60c15bdee614587241b1268.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
My girls are going to save pop music once again. Just wait for Britney and Xtina to release their new album. They're about to do what they're about to do and they're about to do what the other girls shoulda did

After Britney Jean and Lotus?
anigif_enhanced-21349-1422550662-2.gif

Meowster

Xtina will always have good single success, she is a leech and has an ear for hits (as long as she isn't writing them herself). I'm ready for the next Moves Like Jagger and Say Something.

Matt_

Forget Xtina/Britney, I'm ready for Fergie to return in a couple of months. LA Love was a nice comeback single.

YES
what has she been doing though
she said in june that the finishing touches on her album were happening, that was over half a year ago

these singers nowadays, no work ethic

Floridian

YES
what has she been doing though
she said in june that the finishing touches on her album were happening, that was over half a year ago

these singers nowadays, no work ethic

Supposedly she's supposed to release new album material sometime in March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom