• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbd23

people liked work?

its probably the worst song on the album

pretty good stuff though

consideration, love on the brain, higher, kiss it better, same ol mistakes, desperado are all great

Yado

Work is the best song on Anti

tumblr_o1jdcoNkco1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Meowster

people liked work?

its probably the worst song on the album

pretty good stuff though

consideration, love on the brain, higher, kiss it better, same ol mistakes, desperado are all great
It's the worst song on the album. Drake has just lost it lately. Her part isn't that bad, if it a bit repetitive, but I cannot stomach through his section. Despite all the dragging the critics are doing, I am a fan of ANTi and find it to be her most cohesive and well made album yet, even if it is lacking the obvious hits of her old albums.

Floridian

Been waiting on that sunshine
Boy, I think I need that back
Can't do it like that
No one else gonna get it like that
So I argue, you yell, had to take me back
Who cares when it feels like crack?
Boy, you know that you always do it right
Man, fuck your pride, just take it on back, boy
Take it on back boy, take it back all night
Just take it on back, take it on back
Mmm, do what you gotta do, keep me up all night
Hurting bad man, and it hurts inside when I look you in your eye

RpiGY4b.gif

That's some bullshit coz it's honestly her best album and possibly her only "excellent" album as it were.

The burden of lofty expectations can kill you though. :/

Yado

The album is middling at best.

The ultimate impression the album leaves isn't just that of an artist who failed to follow through on her vision, but who never bothered to conceive one in the first place.

whew
giphy.gif

Floridian

If Anti were released by a white man it would be called revolutionary.

If any female artist besides Rihanna released the same content, it would be praised to the heavens.

Edit; Actually let me take that back, any urban* female artist. Gags/Swift/Katy etc could never.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If any female artist besides Rihanna released the same content, it would be praised to the heavens.

There are artists that constantly get praised for changing their sound but when Rihanna does it she is a try hard. I get it that some want pussy/bussy popping anthems but that shouldn't stop her from doing what she wants.

That said I wouldn't mind her switching styles between eras to please different audiences. I pay attention to the Anti like material since her older material rarely worked for me.

Yeah, had to think a bit. Imagine Katy or Taylor trying to sing Higher/Love On The Brain. Whew....

That sounds like nightmare fuel.

Zutroy

I like ANTi, but it's more an experience you would enjoy occasionally as a whole every so often rather than hit songs you would pick and put in a playlist.

Rated R still remains her best album.

Yea Rated R is my favorite too.

Honestly ANTi feels like a stepping stone to a new career defining album. It's like a "not quite there yet practice run."

It's not slaying me, but I'm really excited to see where she'll go from here.

Yado

The next album will be pop. I mean people are liking the most traditional pop song on the album more than anything else so...

Ahasverus

You know, maybe her vision sucks, but I can't help but respect how awesome is that Rihanna realised she's on the biggest people in pop music and tried to give a hard, true reflection of herself. I hope she doesn't return to cheap pop and Bowie her ass off the next album.

botty

Banned
Selena's output can't match any of Rihanna's output post GGGB, have several seats.

We already know she covered that song & she worked the instrumental just fine.

Work is currently smashing on iTunes & KIB has potential but even then who cares about a smash? This is a quality album from her which is what I wanted. But keep thinking Revival is better with tracks like Body Heat & Me & My Girls on it. All up to subjective opinions I guess.

GSGprmj.gif

Floridian

With some logic i'm seeing here, Revival & Confident are better than every Lady Gaga album sans TFM, better than every Beyonce album sans Self-Titled, better than every Rihanna album sans Rated R, better than every Katy album, and better than My Everything. That's very interesting.

Edit: and better than every Britney Album.

SaintZ

Mmmmm HDD with some interesing blind item
THE DITHERING DIVAS

Which superstar divas are said to be wavering about performing on Grammy night? Are some afraid to play because they might not take home trophies in topline categories? How are their handlers—or lack thereof—weighing the options? Is the opening slot a bone of contention, and are some stars insisting that if they can’t open the show they won’t appear? History has shown that it’s the performances more than the wins that audiences remember, but the combination of the two tends to have the most profound impact on an artist’s brand.
Who's performing and that's also nominated?

newyorkreflectingdgsps.gif

botty

Banned
ok? 9 vs 5 critics. Also;

The more critics you have the more likely your score is to decrease.

and metacritic scores shouldn't dictate what you like or dislike, but I am just showing you that my opinion that Revival > Anti, is shared by people who are paid to critique music.

Floridian

The more critics you have the more likely your score is to decrease.

and metacritic scores shouldn't dictate what you like or dislike, but I am just showing you that my opinion that Revival > Anti, is shared by people who are paid to critique music.

Alright. That's fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom