• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

These bangers aren't banging at all though. She has the right producers for it but as an artist the direction isn't there, everything has been so basic and by the books.

Mte. This is weaker than expected and she can do way better.

Tokubetsu

These bangers aren't banging at all though. She has the right producers for it but as an artist the direction isn't there, everything has been so basic and by the books.

Wonder if RCA is short changing her but its still a Metro beat so idk. Something somewhere is out of sync. It's all very low energy.

Gaga don't saturate your exposure yet girl

Hope this album comes out before the summer unless she plans to hijack every high profile event before then :p

cory64

Td53DKr.gif

As previously reported, Rihanna's "Work," the lead single from her new album Anti, rockets onto the Billboard Hot 100 (dated Feb. 13) at No. 9, instantly becoming the superstar's 27th top 10. With the song's arrival, she ties Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson and Elton John for the fifth-most top 10s in the Hot 100's history.

The only artists with more top 10s than that quartet since the Hot 100 originated with the chart dated Aug. 4, 1958? Madonna (38), the Beatles (34), Michael Jackson (29) and Stevie Wonder (28).

LXEhDX4.gif

Touchdown

Banned
With the song's arrival, she ties Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson and Elton John for the fifth-most top 10s in the Hot 100's history.

The only artists with more top 10s than that quartet since the Hot 100 originated with the chart dated Aug. 4, 1958? Madonna (38), the Beatles (34), Michael Jackson (29) and Stevie Wonder (28).

LXEhDX4.gif

Ok Rih, I see you girl. I don't mind you coming for mama's top 10's as long as you stop coming for ha #1's. Werk though.

f15b9ebab5.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Jason Derulo looks like a mii character

Phreaker

What are you guys' favourite pre-Gaga pop albums? (using her as a metric because 2008/2009 is when we got the new wave of pop gerls)

Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes
Sarah McLachlan - Fumbling Towards Ecstasy
Prince - Purple Rain
Janet Jackson - Control and Rhythm Nation 1814
Expose - Exposure
Eurythmics - Greatest Hits
Black Box - Dreamland
Cher - Believe
The Cranberries - Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We?
Boy George and Culture Club - At Worst...The Best Of Boy George And Culture Club
George Michael - Faith
Mariah Carey - Mariah Carey
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Natalie Merchant - Tigerlily
Duran Duran - Decade

Mau ®

I need the music video for Work rn T_T

She's shooting another part of the video this weekend. (She shot something for it two weeks ago too).

It seems she's heavily involved/directing so it'll probably come out in 5 months, like "BBHMM" and "Pour It Up" did.

[Verse 1: Bobby Gillespie + Sky Ferreira]
Broken light's the only light I know
How to make it through this world alone
Love has become strange and then estranged
Ended there but there it starts again

[Pre-Chorus: Bobby Gillespie + Sky Ferreira]
Obsession, possession
Ecstatic deception
Trick and defiance
Refines a desire

[Chorus: Bobby Gillespie + Sky Ferreira]
It's your sin, peace begins within
I'm never gonna die again
It's your sin, peace begins within
The wound is a place where the light gets in

tumblr_ntiwj31mwW1s31uxjo2_500.gif

Thank you Sky and Primal Scream for saving 2016

So Gaga's performing at three of the highest-profile events of the year pretty much back to back in February. And if she wins an Oscar and Grammy in the interim, then that's pretty unprecedented. Do we think a single is coming sooner than later?

So Gaga's performing at three of the highest-profile events of the year pretty much back to back in February. And if she wins an Oscar and Grammy in the interim, then that's pretty unprecedented. Do we think a single is coming sooner than later?
They should have stopped having performers do the SSB after Whitney. Like why bother? Now there'll be another screechy caterwauly mess to add to the Aguilera pile. I don't know who's pissed that David Bowie died, but this level of disrespect is uncalled for. Get your life though, boo.

They should have stopped having performers do the SSB after Whitney. Like why bother? Now there'll be another screechy caterwauly mess to add to the Aguilera pile. I don't know who's pissed that David Bowie died, but this level of disrespect is uncalled for. Get your life though, boo.

Wished you weren't so negative all the time bb

rhandino

Banned
I don't know who's pissed that David Bowie died, but this level of disrespect is uncalled for.
She is like a fangirl of the man:

0wYlxC9.png

rosKz6P.jpg

And beyond her I can't really see any other current girl that could do the man justice.

EDIT: Oh god, that avatar change and that post above me as;jdlakjf;lkjf;aldsjf;lkdsaj

rhandino

Banned
Zayn Explains 'Pillowtalk' Video

"Mostly my idea. I wanted it to be representational of the art that I’m looking at at the minute, even just a perspective level, on the surface of it I wanted it be arty, and different and out-there. That was the whole feel for the video, We wanted a dream-feel to it."

Shocking!

5rMzDza.gif

Mau ®

New Taylor music later this year. Gaga better get her shit out before, for The Lord is not a merciful Lord.

Poor Katy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom