• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
PopGAF, I heard a new song on the radio where the lyrics go "my momma don't like you and she likes everyone".

As soon as I hear this, the first thing that comes to mind is that... so, statistically, or by any form of logical thinking, you just admitted he opinion literally has no meaningful bearing?

I'm not saying I expect pop music to the profound but.. I feel little things like this is why I have a hard time enjoying it. "Stupid", "annoying" lyrics. Obviously, all pop is not like this.

PopGAF, what are pop artists that, iyo, don't have "wtf" lyrics so much?

Justin Bieber - Love Yourself

And the thing with Pop music is usually most do something that is catchy and it doesn't need to be deep to be enjoyable. Also remember there is the mainstream pop and non mainstream pop which changes things a bit.

You don't need to drink to have a good time.

Just say no

tumblr_inline_nqujedXiZN1rjeqtk_500.gif

giphy.gif

PopGAF, I heard a new song on the radio where the lyrics go "my momma don't like you and she likes everyone".

As soon as I hear this, the first thing that comes to mind is that... so, statistically, or by any form of logical thinking, you just admitted her opinion literally has no meaningful bearing because everything is ice cream to her?

I'm not saying I expect pop music to the profound but.. I feel little things like this is why I have a hard time enjoying pop music. "Stupid", "annoying" lyrics. Obviously, all pop is not like this.

I hear Rihanna's new buzz single "Work" is unexpectedly profound.

But seriously, The Weeknd is good lyrically.

The Wall

Banned
Justin Bieber - Love Yourself

And the thing with Pop music is usually most do something that is catchy and it doesn't need to be deep to be enjoyable. Also remember there is the mainstream pop and non mainstream pop which changes things a bit.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I only hear mainstream pop, which is hit or miss with me. Might be time to learn some differences.

Meowster

As soon as I hear this, the first thing that comes to mind is that... so, statistically, or by any form of logical thinking, you just admitted her opinion literally has no meaningful bearing because everyone is ice cream to her?

I'm not saying I expect pop music to be profound but.. I feel little things like this is why I have a hard time enjoying pop music. "Stupid", "annoying" lyrics. Obviously, all pop is not like this.

Taylor Swift legitimately does have great lyrics, even if most of them are about heartbreak and love. I could listen to White Horse, Back to December, Dear John, State of Grace, All Too Well, and Begin Again on repeat. Also, this post reminds me how second time AOTY-winning album 1989 is nowhere near as good as the other released albums, aside from the mixtape.

Yado

Happy Birthday Floridian.

I clicked the link, marveled at how awful Katy Perry's music was and assumed you were referring to the anniversary of 21's release.

Floridian

Happy Birthday Floridian.

I clicked the link, marveled at how awful Katy Perry's music was and assumed you were referring to the anniversary of 21's release.
I hate that song too. I only used it for the title reference, and I don't keep up with Adele on when her shit released.
Happy birthday! Get super drunk to werwerwerwer and have a great night!
Thanks. I had some werwerwerwer experiences earlier today~
That's not yours tho.

I don't have any of my own to provide. Sorry.
oBraJLZ.gif

Mau ®

Fearless, Speak Now, Red - all BETTER!

I have a hard time deciding her best alberm because all brought major happiness to my life at the time of their release. Each tells a story about Her adventures in the world.

1989 aged rather poorly IMO but "Style" and "Clean" are one of the finest moments in her discography.

Meowster

Mau ®;196193423 said:
I have a hard time deciding her best alberm because all brought major happiness to my life at the time of their release. Each tells a story about Her adventures in the world.

1989 aged rather poorly IMO but "Style" and "Clean" are one of the finest moments in her discography.
I love Clean - one of the few album tracks I genuinely find refreshing! I think She chose great singles for 1989, probably the best yet aside from Out of the Dumpster, but there is a lot of album tracks that just fall flat to me in a way that the rest of the albums haven't. The deluxe songs are all great though and I also like I Wish You Would and How You Get the Girl.

Speak Now > Fearless =/= Red > 1989 > Mixtape

Mau ®

I'm itching to make the thread about Rihanna surpassing MJ in #1 hits. The whole OT will be seething and it will be GLORIOUS.

Come through Rih! Do it!

Floridian

Mau ®;196195475 said:
I'm itching to make the thread about Rihanna surpassing MJ in #1 hits. The whole OT will be seething and it will be GLORIOUS.

Come through Rih! Do it!

She's either going #1 or #2 tomorrow, with next week most likely securing the #1 spot.

Dp8Nx9o.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Taylor donating 250k is nice, but whats the point?
Obviously its an amazing gesture but what is the money for? Legal fees?

Demi is kinda right. Chucking money at something, however much, wont fix it. People actually need to talk about the root of the problem

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Demi is kinda right. Chucking money at something, however much, wont fix it. People actually need to talk about the root of the problem

The thing is that is still a nice gesture and its helping Kesha. Not everyone needs to tweet #FreeKesha to show support and if Taylor wishes to support Kesha with cash its fine. Not like Taylor made publicly her donation and whatever message she sent Kesha. (Pebe did)

Money will help, though. You think something like this isn't bleeding Kesha dry?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Floridian! 21st right? That's an awesome milestone that deserves a proper rave. Have fun!

Watching the SNL stint with the 'Day Beyoncé Turned Black'... It's actually funny because it's all true how selfish us white people are

Hmmm, I get what Demi is saying but I don't think Satan did anything bad. She could affectively put her money where her mouth is tol, But then again, contract restrictions may be the reason she can't say anything tbh. If she's signed to Sony then certain things can't be discussed I'm assuming so sure, Demi is pretty salty here.

cory64

Mau ®;196195475 said:

Come through Rih! Do it!
"How many were solo?"
"How many did she actually write?"
"I can't understand a single word she says in that song"

I can see the fumes from here

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The thing is that is still a nice gesture and its helping Kesha. Not everyone needs to tweet #FreeKesha to show support and if Taylor wishes to support Kesha with cash its fine. Not like Taylor made publicly her donation and whatever message she sent Kesha. (Pebe did)

Money will help, though. You think something like this isn't bleeding Kesha dry?

Yes indeed you are both right
Just struck me as an unusual route to take but obviously it is very helpful to Kesha and her case

Bladenic

Poor Dementia's PR rep. I meant she has a decent point about talking about it, but donating money to a friend/fellow artist in a trying time is a good thing. Maybe Taylor did it for the publicity, so what? It's still helping out. Conversation can be had but action isn't a bad thing.

Poor Demi, ever the flop.

Floridian

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Floridian! 21st right? That's an awesome milestone that deserves a proper rave. Have fun!

Watching the SNL stint with the 'Day Beyoncé Turned Black'... It's actually funny because it's all true how selfish us white people are
Thanks.
"How many were solo?"
"How many did she actually write?"
"I can't understand a single word she says in that song"

I can see the fumes from here

I wonder if the thread will get to page 2 before that special someone says the W word!

Taylor Swift earned a lot of respect from me for donating to Kesha. I always thought Taylor was a humble and good person, and her helping Kesha out proves she isn't what Katy tries to paint her as. Bless her heart. Hopefully, this is just the beginning, and Kesha being free from this mess is going to happen sooner rather than later.

rhandino

Banned
Adele's '25' Back at No. 1 on Billboard 200 for Ninth Week

After a two-week vacation from the No. 1 slot on the Billboard 200 albums chart, Adele’s 25 is back on top for a ninth nonconsecutive week. The set rises 2-1 with 151,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending Feb. 18, according to Nielsen Music (up 25 percent). It sold 125,000 in pure album sales (up 23 percent).

[...]

Justin Bieber’s Purpose climbs 5-2 with 84,000 units (up 15 percent), while Rihanna’s Anti is steady at No. 3 with 79,000 (down 18 percent).

Both Adele and Bieber, like many artists on the chart, profit from performances and wins on the Grammy Awards (Feb. 15).[...]

Oh, and Rihanna didn't even performed that night... I see.

hJRzYMQ.gif

Deadpool was sooooo good. Shoop slays. Stay pressed Rhandino.

4990876d91.gif
13da8903a9.gif

Mau ®

Whew. "Work" is climbing fast iTunes. It was already #1 combined but in a few hours it will be #1 with the main version.

Hopefully the video isn't trash.

SaintZ

Mau ®;196225658 said:
I'm surprised Avil hasn't come forward. I think she hates him, no?
I don't think she hates him. They had an issue with Butch Walker and the Girlfriend/The Best Damn Thing drama (she made Girlfriend the first single after Luke convinced her to and demoted TBDT to being the 4th single rip. Butch got angry and Luke told him it was all Avril's fault) but Luke's protegé (Jacob Kasher) worked with her on AL and he even gave her some promo on twitter.

I don't think she'll come forward. She never speaks about any problems at all unless they involve her directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom