• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
09AY4jU.gif
09AY4jU.gif
09AY4jU.gif

Get into her Judas Don't Fuck My Pussy Tonight Song. #Queen

He had an old twitter account with his alter ego, Samuella Smith, but of course, it was taken down because it didnt fit with his brand new image.

WEAtyPR.jpg

Omg what is this mess?

Sam sh*t is tragic tbh... I bet his record label bought the OSCAR from the academy. I mean why else will a shit song win an award?

All the Sam Smith hate seems to come from the gay community more than anything. It's kind of gross to see...

I'm not the biggest fan of his vocal style but it makes me happy to see an openly gay musician get recognition at least. Pop music has plenty of gay listeners but hardly any gay artists.

Also that Dustin Lance Black tweet was some rude fucking foolishness

Omg what is this mess?

Sam sh*t is tragic tbh... I bet his record label bought the OSCAR from the academy. I mean why else will a shit song win an award?

Perhaps it was the Academy's reaction to complaints about diversity?

MrV4ltor

TIHTY is #11 on US iTunes now. Coming for that top 10 peak.

If they really wanted to make a statement about the diversity issue, they should've given the Oscar to The Weeknd and let Anohni perform her nominated song.

All the Sam Smith hate seems to come from the gay community more than anything. It's kind of gross to see...

I'm not the biggest fan of his vocal style but it makes me happy to see an openly gay musician get recognition at least. Pop music has plenty of gay listeners but hardly any gay artists.

I seriously hope Dustin didn't play himself cause if the rumors are true he needs to worry about Tom and not Sam.

I think we can now close the door on Gaga's 2015-2016 Apology Tour and set our sights on her new era. Her lace fronts have shipped, her gays have proofread their Craigslist posts, and Tony Bennett has been stowed away in her vessel until the next emergency. Come through, LG5.

Dinner ft. Adele coming April 4th

What if you're not gay but still hate Sam Smith?

I don't think it comes down to complaints about diversity tbh. It's a shame how talent isn't recognised in these events though... I mean look at Leo lol

The Oscars like every other high profile Hollywood awards show is 99% Hollywood politics and 1% everything else.

Just because he's gay doesn't mean he's immune to criticism. Yeah okay, he's risen to mainstream prominence as an openly gay man. Werq hunny. But that alone doesn't mean all gay people are obligated to prop him up or ignore dumb shit he does and says. We shouldn't settle for him as a standard for mainstream acceptance just because he's one of the few. We can and should do better.

And his music is still trash. Poor that.

rumours?
pray tell

Tom is doing other guys and they might have an open relationship.

edit

I agree with the notion that just because he's gay does't mean we should automatically be here for him but still...

I feel that this is a tad much over a misstep, he should have googled first sure but is it really that big of a deal to attack him over? idk.

The Oscars like every other high profile Hollywood awards show is 99% Hollywood politics and 1% everything else.

Just because he's gay doesn't mean he's immune to criticism. Yeah okay, he's risen to mainstream prominence as an openly gay man. Werq hunny. But that alone doesn't mean all gay people are obligated to prop him up or ignore dumb shit he does and says. We shouldn't settle for him as a standard for mainstream acceptance just because he's one of the few. We can and should do better.

And his music is still trash. Poor that.

I'm not asking for us to place all social responsibility and accountability on Sam Smith, in fact that's exactly what I don't want to see. I just think gay people are naturally more receptive to straight woman saying "thank you LGBT community" than to a gay man saying it, and I think the only logical reason for this is because we don't need to compare ourselves to straight women. And I think that's kinda petty of us. If you truly don't give a damn that someone is gay or not, then be consistent is all. Gays seem harsher to him that to straight celebrities from what I can see.

Here is the most likely scenario

DLB never liked Sam and knew he and Tom talked but allowed it.

He got more annoyed when that speech happened and used that as an excuse to lash him and make him look desperate overshadowing his win.

It worked, still petty af though. There's no winner here.

Zutroy

Kylie Minogue is blocking Kylie Jenner from trademarking the name 'Kylie'. Her team said it would dilute her brand and that Jenner was a 'secondary reality television personality'.

Link.

raw

What's the problem? If he's wack, he's wack. Being gay doesn't change that. I, personally, get annoyed with anyone who has to name drop a community constantly. Like bro we get it! I think it's more prevalent these days because a certain segment of the market has to identify with their popstars before they can enjoy their art.

Vazra

Sam Smith deserves to be dragged because his material was shit and there were other better options plus his speech was wack when he was talking about keeping the gay stuff to themselves but now he tries to use it whenever is possible. He is an inconsistent guy when it comes to the things he says and his music doesn't back him up to ease up the lashings. #SorryBoutIt
67caf956e3.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Kylie Minogue is blocking Kylie Jenner from trademarking the name 'Kylie'. Her team said it would dilute her brand and that Jenner was a 'secondary reality television personality'.

Link.

raw

YASSSSSSS
she better win

Frodo

And not littler monsters bullying Sam Smith now. It's not his fault Gaga lost. Get over it. It's getting very very petty, even for little monsters.

Vazra

And not littler monsters bullying Sam Smith now. It's not his fault Gaga lost. Get over it. It's getting very very petty, even for little monsters.
Lol I was here for Gaga to lose but Sam Smith with his speech was cringe.

I worry about the youth of our nation. You'd think they'd eventually grow out of shit like this. LG has been a thing for almost a decade now. You'd think these 20-something year old folks would have some responsibilities to take care of.

Vazra

I worry about the youth of our nation. You'd think they'd eventually grow out of shit like this. LG has been a thing for almost a decade now. You'd think these 20-something year old folks would have some responsibilities to take care of.
Some are 30ish acting like 13 year old fan girls.

Floridian

Rihanna & Drake's 'Work' Leads Hot 100 for Second Week

"Work," released on Westbury Road/Roc Nation, holds atop the Hot 100 boosted by an 80 percent blast to 46.5 million U.S. streams in the tracking week ending Feb. 25, according to Nielsen Music, following the arrival of its official music video Feb. 22.

Impressively, only two titles have scored a higher weekly streaming sum than the 46.5 million tallied by "Work," dating to the Streaming Songs tally's 2013 inception. Baauer's "Harlem Shake" peaked with 103 million domestic streams (driven primarily by user-generation videos including the track's audio), reflected on the March 2, 2013 ranking, and logged four total weeks of more than 46.5 million streams.

The "bomb" single may turn up to be her biggest u.s hit, and that was with her video being blocked half the time. Her flop* era is holding up quite well, along with her album within the top 5 position for 4 consecutive weeks, considering she had given free downloads & only one televised performance outside of the states. She's clearly over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom