• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
She's gonna come thru I can feel it
I love how shes talking about socks and cleaning her place before announcing release dates

Frodo

WKq2LPF.gif

Why is Erotica such a good albern? I only wish Madonna would say "fuck you" to the GP and go back to making 6 minutes long songs and experiment with different sounds. That is when she is at her best. Trying to stay relevant is literally ending her career.

Edit:

Has any of your faves released anything as good as Rain since ever? Have they ever made a more beautiful video?

This song, gawd, I don't deserve it.

TinukLO.png
TinukLO.png
TinukLO.png
TinukLO.png
TinukLO.png
TinukLO.png
TinukLO.png

Phreaker

How Lady Gaga Owned February -- From the Super Bowl to the Oscars

Feb. 7: Belts Out National Anthem at Super Bowl 50
Feb. 8: Attends Oscar Nominees Luncheon
Feb. 10: To Saint Laurent’s L.A. Show
Feb. 12: Launches Mattel ‘Monster High’ Dolls
Feb. 14: Gets Inked for Bowie
Feb. 14: Celebrates Love At Iovine’s Nuptuals
Feb. 15: Nails A Six-Minute Grammy Tribute...
Feb. 15: Then Celebrates At Mark Ronson’s Afterparty
Feb. 16: Jets Back To NYC For Brandon Maxwell’s NYFW Show
Feb. 17: Belle Of 'V' Magazine’s Rainbow Room Ball
Feb. 17: Jazzing It Up
Feb. 17: Attends The Nicopanda NYFW Show
Feb. 18: Struts Down The Runway For Marc Jacobs
Feb. 27: Joins Elton John For Concert
Feb. 28: The Oscars

giphy.gif

All is fair in love she said
Think with your heart, not with your head
That's what my mama told me
All the little things you do
Will end up coming back to you
I let my father mold me

Daddy couldn't be all wrong
(Not gonna let you slip away, I'm gonna be there)
And my mama made me learn this song
(You're gonna bring your love to me, I'm gonna get you)
That's why

I can't help falling in love
I fall deeper and deeper the further I go
Kisses sent from heaven above
They get sweeter and sweeter the more that I know

WKq2LPF.gif

Why is Erotica such a good albern? I only wish Madonna would say "fuck you" to the GP and go back to making 6 minutes long songs and experiment with different sounds. That is when she is at her best. Trying to stay relevant is literally ending her career.

Edit:

Has any of your faves released anything as good as Rain since ever? Have they ever made a more beautiful video?

This song, gawd, I don't deserve it.

TinukLO.png
TinukLO.png
TinukLO.png
TinukLO.png
TinukLO.png
TinukLO.png
TinukLO.png
O4IROk6.gif

Madonna is the last true pop artist. The other girls are just playing make believe.

Mau ®

The tired "Taylor is not a feminist because she only used male producers" needs to stop. Only 5% of producers are female, not to mention all the whores people praise in here only employ producers with male genitalia.

At least Taylor had a song produced by true artisté Imogen Head. Which is probably 100% more times your fave has ever employed a female for production duties.

Taylor won. Your fave didnt. End of.

jz4Qnma.gif

Mau ®;197707711 said:
The tired "Taylor is not a feminist because she only used male producers" needs to stop. Only 5% of producers are female, not to mention all the whores people praise in here only employ producers with male genitalia.

At least Taylor had a song produced by true artisté Imogen Head. Which is probably 100% more times your fave has ever employed a female for production duties.

Taylor won. Your fave didnt. End of.

jz4Qnma.gif

If Taylor was a real Bad Bitch™ she'd write, compose, arrange and produce all this garbage by herself. You know... so no one could try to take credit for HER accomplishments.

I think now that the recording industry has lost its power to control who gets heard and the most screen time and tv talent shows failing to make anyone happen, we'll start to see more artists excelling on pure talent instead of manufactured acts focus grouped to oblivion to maximize profits. Bless the internet.

Frodo

I think now that the recording industry has lost its power to control who gets heard and the most screen time and tv talent shows failing to make anyone happen, we'll start to see more artists excelling on pure talent instead of manufactured acts focus grouped to oblivion to maximize profits. Bless the internet.

May The Universe™ hear you.

Mau ®

As long as the labels have people and money to promote and market an artist, they have an advantage over the hew with no budget and a soundcould page. Do not fool yourselves.

Mau ®;197708965 said:
As long as the labels have people and money to promote and market an artist, they have an advantage over the hew with no budget and a soundcloud page. Do not fool yourselves.

Be that as it may. The recording industry is in dire straits with ever dwindling profits and rejigging charts for relevancy. How do they come back to domination when the people have decided that music should be free?

Frodo

Mau ®;197708965 said:
As long as the labels have people and money to promote and market an artist, they have an advantage over the hew with no budget and a soundcould page. Do not fool yourselves.

As long as the hew keep rihleasing good stuff on Soundcloud the labels can choose whatever talentless scrap they want to be an artist. Internet is bringing me good music, and I'm not dependant on labels as it used to happen. Once Soundcloud/YouTube hews, like (hate to mention him, but...) Justin Bieber, start to get some recognition labels will make the move anyway. Not that Justin Bieber is any metric of talent, mind me.

Agreed. Thankfully I only stan Talent tbh

Mau ®

As long as the hew keep rihleasing good stuff on Soundcloud the labels can choose whatever talentless scrap they want to be an artist. Internet is bringing me good music, and I'm not dependant on labels as it used to happen. Once Soundcloud/YouTube hews, like (hate to mention him, but...) Justin Bieber, start to get some recognition labels will make the move anyway. Not that Justin Bieber is any metric of talent, mind me.

You represent a small percentage of the population who actually does go and check out new bands and artists. Most people like to be told (gently) what they should listen to. This is why radio has been so influential (even to this day) in breaking a song. And this is why "curated" playlists on streaming services reach subscribers in the 7 digits. People are lazy about new music. It takes an outside push, be it by influencers or actual corporations, to break an artist in a meaningful way.

Mau ®

I mean if someone wanted to take me for free to see Shitney I wouldn't refuse. She DOES look more alive these days. Who knows how long that will last.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
and i mean it's just banger after banger after banger isn't it

i'd go in a heartbeat

i'm sorry that you're so blinded by standom that u wont cheer for good pussy when it's blasting thru the best pop catalogue of the last 20 years

Frodo

tumblr_m581be6rZX1r7e9vpo1_500.gif

If I take you from behind
Push myself into your mind
When you least expect it
Will you try and reject it
If I'm in charge and I treat you like a child
Will you let yourself go wild
Let my mouth go where it wants to

giphy.gif

Give it up, do as I say
Give it up and let me have my way
I'll give you love, I'll hit you like a truck
I'll give you love, I'll teach you how to ...

tumblr_lqq6obO7Ls1qezxsoo1_500.gif

I'd like to put you in a trance, all over
Erotic, erotic, put your hands all over my body
Erotic, erotic

tumblr_lqruvy6cII1qezxsoo1_r1_500.gif

Revisiting Erotica today is giving me life. To think that your faves wouldn't dare to release this nowadays, when Madonna did this in the early 90s. THe imagery that acompanied the whole project. The artistry. The power. The lack of fear and the lack of interest on what you think of her.

tumblr_l9fsnixBc21qbk0zj.gif

botty

Banned
🙄 Madonna has a few genius moments in her career.

Get Together and Into The Groove are 2/6 of them. 😘

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Mau ®;197715171 said:
I mean if someone wanted to take me for free to see Shitney I wouldn't refuse. She DOES look more alive these days. Who knows how long that will last.
We saw her in Vegas on NYE and it was hilarious. She didn't sing a note (we probably were making more actual sounds than she did) but the show was really fun. We just got really wasted drunk and danced and enjoyed how over the top the whole thing was. TBH tho if you were sober you probably couldn't enjoy it half as much.

rhandino

Banned
Wait, I am at the movie theater and they are showing an ad for a movie that looks like poor man's Zootopia and is using Bad Romance? Am i still in 2016? Wth!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom