• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.
TaNX8Ql.png

They have been.

But stay pressed sweetie.
MZptsoZ.gif

What are the peaks? I assume one is the golden globes, that means either the SB, Grammys or Oscars didn't trend as high

Vazduh

Let me just repeat what Mau already said - The Knocks have released a really solid pop album. I like what I've heard!

whew Work is SUCH a good song

tumblr_o2yw67Ap0v1s4e0h5o1_400.gif

Mhm. Love it. Sounds so good when played really loud :D (tried that recently at one party and it worked like a charm - gheis were bopping like crazy)

Revisiting Erotica today is giving me life. To think that your faves wouldn't dare to release this nowadays, when Madonna did this in the early 90s. THe imagery that acompanied the whole project. The artistry. The power. The lack of fear and the lack of interest on what you think of her.

tumblr_l9fsnixBc21qbk0zj.gif

Madonna's run from Erotica to Music is flawfree and the girls can't take it. Some of these hoes are lucky if they put out one good album.

I struggle between worshipping Madonna for the brilliant albums she's released and rolling my eyes at how she never really progressed/matured artistically because she never really retains any qualities from albums past. MDNA Madonna and RoL Madonna feel like different people.

Touchdown

Banned
It's so sad how Jennifer Lopez has run to the likes of Iggy for a duet about their asses at almost 50 years old now that it' her only valuable asset. I hope she finds help soon.

I struggle between worshipping Madonna for the brilliant albums she's released and rolling my eyes at how she never really progressed/matured artistically because she never really retains any qualities from albums past. MDNA Madonna and RoL Madonna feel like different people.

Thats the best thing. It was always something new from Madonna. You could always anticipate a new look for a new era. A new sound. A new talking point. New religious concepts. It was always something there to expand your worldview. I think it was more fascinating to us in the preinternet era where she was exposing us to concepts foreign to a lot of us who knew nothing but middle america.

It's so sad how Jennifer Lopez has run to the likes of Iggy for a duet about their asses at almost 50 years old now that it' her only valuable asset. I hope she finds help soon.

You seem bothered. Is your fave not up to snuff?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You seem bothered. Is your fave not up to snuff?

I think he is bothered that his fave is now regarded as a legacy act. Afraid of his fave aging which it's cute cause Mimi has that issue herself instead of accepting that he ain't sweet 16 anymore and age gracefully.
07118d6462.gif

Touchdown

Banned
I think he is bothered that his fave is now regarded as a legacy act. Afraid of his fave aging which it's cute cause Mimi has that issue herself instead of accepting that he ain't sweet 16 anymore and age gracefully.
07118d6462.gif

I'm eternally 12 like my fave

e247928fe4.gif

Looking at some old Gaga photos, I can't think of another pop gerl who was better served by some good ass plastic surgery other than maybe Heiniffer Lupus.

Those doctors deserve way more than whatever they got paid.

Floridian

BB top 10

1. Rihanna ft Drake - Work
2. Justin Bieber - Love Yourself
3. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
4. Flo Rida - My House
5. Justin Bieber - Sorry
6. Zayn - Pillowtalk
7. G-Eazy ft Bebe Rehxa - Me, Myself & I
8. Kelly Clarkson - Piece By Piece
9. Lukas Graham - 7 Years
10. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean

That 7 years song is trying it.

Phreaker

BB top 10

1. Rihanna ft Drake - Work
2. Justin Bieber - Love Yourself
3. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
4. Flo Rida - My House
5. Justin Bieber - Sorry
6. Zayn - Pillowtalk
7. G-Eazy ft Bebe Rehxa - Me, Myself & I
8. Kelly Clarkson - Piece By Piece
9. Lukas Graham - 7 Years
10. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean

That 7 years song is trying it.

Yes Kellegend! Also, when I hear Cake By The Ocean I can't get it out of my head for days.

Also, Fifth Harmony's "Work From Home" debuts at No. 12, matching the girl group's best Hot 100 rank.

29lf9a1.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
What an awful top 10
UK one isnt much better
save us gaga

rhandino

Banned
Why is Kellegend charting so high with that old song? I love ha last album but I remember everyone draggibg ha for flopping or something even when the music was excellent.

Slay a LOT

EDIT: Oh, she says that she was blackmailed into working with Dr. Luke.

Mau ®

Why is Kellegend charting so high with that old song? I love ha last album but I remember everyone draggibg ha for flopping or something even when the music was excellent.

Slay a LOT

EDIT: Oh, she says that she was blackmailed into working with Dr. Luke.

I just read this book and there's a chapter about Kelly's rise and how her chart-toppers came about. Apparently she hated, and I mean truly hated, working with Dr. Luke and Max Martin during the "Since U Been Gone" and "Behind These Hazel Eyes" sessions.

She also hated the tracks, and when Clive Davis told her they would be included on the album whether she liked it or not, she became a big crying mess.

The rest is history of course. But her story was one of the most interesting of all.

The book also references a lot of Dr. Luke drama not just with Kelly or Ke?ha, but other artists too.

Mau ®;197815497 said:
I just read this book and there's a chapter about Kelly's rise and how her chart-toppers came about. Apparently she hated, and I mean truly hated, working with Dr. Luke and Max Martin during the "Since U Been Gone" and "Behind These Hazel Eyes" sessions.

She also hated the tracks, and when Clive Davis told her they would be included on the album whether she liked it or not, she became a big crying mess.

The rest is history of course. But her story was one of the most interesting of all.

The book also references a lot of Dr. Luke drama not just with Kelly or Ke?ha, but other artists too.
This kinda makes me feel bad for liking those songs :(

Phreaker

Mau ®;197815497 said:

I remember reading Kelly's reaction on Billboard to Clive's book, lemme see if I can find it: http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...-clive-davis-over-false-information-in-memoir

So I just heard Clive Davis is releasing a memoir and spreading false information about me and my music. I refuse to be bullied and I just have to clear up his memory lapses and misinformation for myself and for my fans. It feels like a violation. Growing up is awesome because you learn you don't have to cower to anyone - even Clive Davis.

First, he says I burst into "hysterical sobbing" in his office when he demanded Since You Been Gone be on my album. Not true at all. His stories and songs are mixed up. I did want more guitars added to the original demo and Clive did not. Max, Luke and I still fought for the bigger sound and we prevailed and I couldn't be more proud of the life of that song. I resent him dampening that song in any way.

But, yes, I did cry in his office once. I cried after I played him a song I had written about my life called "Because Of You." I cried because he hated it and told me verbatim that I was a "sh*tty writer who should be grateful for the gifts that he bestows upon me." He continued on about how the song didn't rhyme and how I should just shut up and sing. This was devastating coming from a man who I, as a young girl, considered a musical hero and was so honored to work with.

But I continued to fight for the song and the label relented. And it became a worldwide hit. He didn't include that in the book.

Mau ®

Oooooo the 1975 they're quite good imo. I like their song 'Love Me' it's quite good. Will check out their new album thanks :)
Always up for new styles of music.
Jack Garratt and Tame Impala are kinda my new jam at the moment.

So much slay in one post. Stan Real Music™ !

Omg just listened to that song and FUCK ME! Stand out track imo. The slayage ugh!

I don't want your body
But I hate to think about you with somebody else
Our love has gone cold
You're intertwining your soul with somebody else
I'm looking through you while you're looking through your phone
And then leaving with somebody else
No, I don't want your body
But I'm picturing your body with somebody else

i just

hCTW1wU.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.