• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow @ miley's instagram post on jodie sweetin. not cool to shame someone for shit like that especially when they've worked hard to be sober. fuck off miley

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
wow @ miley's instagram post on jodie sweetin. not cool to shame someone for shit like that especially when they've worked hard to be sober. fuck off miley

I think she was just stupid trying to find a way to be funny about her watching Full House. Afterall she tends to beg for attention or have you forgotten her outfits at the last concerts plus the Nicki Minaj shit? She basically just tried to gain more relevance out of something popular with that "controversial" post.

Phreaker

Shit, Sia is slaying me right now with

Move Your Body

I can hardly sit still at work.
pumpgirl.gif

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
This thread is moving so slow now, is there nothing going on in the realm of music these days?

As someone just passing by...it might be because almost everyone is working on new stuff/the top charts are being taken over by a bunch of non-famous people.

Work is Rihanna's worst single in years (I say this as a fan) and I am very surprised it is doing so well. Justin Bieber's song has been around since October. Stressed Out is old news as well/more alternative band. Flo Rida is somehow still managing to put out hits. Another old Justin Bieber song. Pillowtalk is interesting...hopefully the rest of ZAYN's album is good too. Than a no name single, along with Kelly Clarkson riding the last wave of Idol to success, and then two more no name people.

In the world of pop music, Rachel Platten, Rhianna and Charlie Puth are the only few people to release a big pop album this year, with ZAYN and now Meghan Trainor to follow. Everyone else is working secretly.

So which albums from 2015 do you guys still listen to? I still listen to Art Angels, Honeymoon, Communion, and Froot quite frequently.

edit: oh and beauty behind the madness

rhandino

Banned
So which albums from 2015 do you guys still listen to? I still listen to Art Angels, Honeymoon, Communion, and Froot quite frequently.

At least a song from it everyday:
E-MO-TION - Carly Rae Jepsen
Vulnicura - Bjork
Ten Love Songs - Susane Sundfor
Unbreakable - Miss Janet Jackson
25 - Godele
Beauty Behind the Madness - The Weeknd

Sometimes
The Desired Effect - Brandon Flowers
Piece by Piece - Kellegend
Revival - Selena Gomez
Purpose - Justine Beaver

ShameList:
Smoke and Mirrors - Imagine Dragons
Breath In. Breath Out - Hillary Duff

The way you both pretend to even remember one song from Honeymoon.

I can't.
High by the Beach is good tho.

At least a song from it everyday:
E-MO-TION - Carly Rae Jepsen
Vulnicura - Bjork
Ten Love Songs - Susane Sundfor
Unbreakable - Miss Janet Jackson
25 - Godele
Beauty Behind the Madness - The Weeknd

Sometimes
The Desired Effect - Brandon Flowers
Piece by Piece - Kellegend
Revival - Selena Gomez
Purpose - Justine Beaver

ShameList:
Smoke and Mirrors - Imagine Dragons
Breath In. Breath Out - Hillary Duff

High by the Beach is good tho.
god, i forgot Revival even happened. Let me go listen to it again rn

FROOT, Art Angels, Honeymoon, Ten Love Songs

that's probably it tbh, 2015 was kind of dire
Sis, your amazing taste.. whew. Slay.

I can't.
too bad you have to remember On My Mind kiii

edit: i'm screaming at the post above me udnjfdf
tumblr_nhktb1q8Dv1r8jjn6o1_250.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Art Angels (only a few songs though), We the Generation, Delirium, Blue Neighbourhood, 25, Badlands, Glitch, Communion, emotion, How Big How Blue How Beautiful, The Fool

So basically all the big pop gerls are releasing this year. Rihanna launched the first volley, and Ariana seems to think people are excited for her.

Who do you think is cumming next?

Bey? Gags? Perra? Hitlor?
Xtincta?

rhandino

Banned
So basically all the big pop gerls are releasing this year. Rihanna launched the first volley, and Ariana seems to think people are excited for her.

Xtincta?
Drake.

Ariana is going to give me kii of my life when she releases Dangerous Woman because every single snippet from that thing is not giving me the GGGB feel that the name of the album implies.

99eP43X.gif

EDIT: The way nobody mentions Rebel Heart, Eek!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Rebel Heart was so early in the year it honestly feels like it came out 2013/14
literally zero impact though
I sincerely hope she comes back with a more mature sound for her next effort
ditch diplo and go for a timeless slay

Frodo

EDIT: The way nobody mentions Rebel Heart, Eek!

I use it sparingly.

Rebel Heart was so early in the year it honestly feels like it came out 2013/14
literally zero impact though
I sincerely hope she comes back with a more mature sound for her next effort
ditch diplo and go for a timeless slay

This is correct. Diplo and Avicii were such a bad choice to produce her albern. They would have been a good choice in 2010, she was 5 years late for the game in that one. Even if she wanted a modern sound, there are literally, hundreds of EDM producers that could have done something more interesting and less basic than that. All being said, tho, if this was an albern by one of the lesser girls, with a little trim
cutting most songs from the Rebel bit of the album
it would have slayed. It is a bad Madonna album (also damaged by the leaks early on, a lot of the demos were way better than the released versions), but it would be okay if it was someone else releasing it.

Phreaker

(at least a few songs each week from):

Adele - 25
CRJ - EMOTION
The Weeknd - BBtM
Selena Gomez - Revival
Ellie Goulding - Delirium
Alessia Cara - Know-It-All
Kelly Clarkson - Piece by Piece
Years & Years - Communion
Leona Lewis - I Am
Ciara - Jackie

Xtincta?

I'm still guessing Beyonce this month, then Gaga in June, Britney in Summer, Christina in fall, and Taylor in November. Then Katy will hit Q1 2017

SaintZ

Sony to Drop Dr. Luke Amid Public Pressure Over Kesha, Internal Headaches (Exclusive)
“The fact that this hasn’t already been taken care of is confusing, especially for people in the building,” one insider said of music company

Sony Music is expected to end its working relationship with controversial producer Lukasz “Dr. Luke” Gottwald a year ahead of his contract’s expiration, knowledgeable individuals have told TheWrap.

The output deal has become a public relations headache for the company since pop star Kesha’s sexual abuse allegations against Gottwald have resulted in a nasty court battle — and a groundswell of support for the singer from influential fellow artists like Adele, Lady Gaga and Kelly Clarkson.

A Sony Music spokesperson declined to comment on the matter. Representatives for Gottwald did not return TheWrap’s requests for comment.
More at the link. I'm surprised (and glad) that this is happening lol.

avrildrlukepepperspraemlaw.gif

rhandino

Banned
Sony and the rest of the labels won.

Go910hE.gif

They are NOT going to let Kesha go without risking to make a legal precedent with this case that other artists could exploit and Luke was already starting to fade anyway.

Now let's see what kind of TrueArtisté sound Kesha is going to deliver.

EDIT: What is going to happen to B[redacted] G tho?

Matt_

I need an adult with a legal understanding to tell me what this means for kesha

I can't.
lmao sis don't you try this with me

WITHOUT LOOKING I can name these:
Honeymoon
God Knows I Tried
High By The Beach
Freak
Burnt Norton
Salvatore
The Blackest Day
Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

Honeymoon is a slay of an album tbh.

Matt_

It means that they will have to re-negotiate the terms of her contract. Most likely, they will still require six albums, but they will give her the freedom to work with someone else.

but the way I understood it was that kesha was signed to kemosabe, which in turn had a distribtuon deal with sony
if Sony has dropped kemosabe doesn't that mean they will no longer distribute Dr Lukes work, but that that record company will still exist and so will keshas contract with it?

The articles are all saying that sony have done this because dealing with the PR fallout from all of this is not worth the hassle of keeping Dr Luke on, but none of them mention how this effects here

Speaking of disasters that shouldn't have happened in the first place, I'm almost done ranking every Lady Gaga song ever released because work is sometimes slow. I was gonna do it for Beyonce too, but then I remembered that Destiny's Child was a thing and I ended up getting flustered.

Zutroy

Perhaps now that Sony aren't with Kemosabe, it leaves an exclusion in Kesha's contact with them that she can now leave i.e. a term in her contract was that Sony was part of her deal, and she is now free to leave as this is no longer the case.

Just speculation though.

Matt_

Speaking of disasters that shouldn't have happened in the first place, I'm almost done ranking every Lady Gaga song ever released because work is sometimes slow. I was gonna do it for Beyonce too, but then I remembered that Destiny's Child was a thing and I ended up getting flustered.

first your list of 99 drag race contestants and now this
where do you work and are there any positions available, clearly it is the life to have

Matt_

Perhaps now that Sony aren't with Kemosabe, it leaves an exclusion in Kesha's contact with them that she can now leave i.e. a term in her contract was that Sony was part of her deal, and she is now free to leave this this is no longer the case.

Just speculation though.

I'm really hoping for something like this
Like I said in the other thread, her lawsuit was thrown out because Sony had intervened and said she could work with any other producer and not have to interact with luke. Sony are obviously relinquishing any influence over Luke and his label, so surely she should be able to appeal as the prior ruling is no longer relevant?

oh its been pointed out in the other thread that the prior ruling was just an early ruling before it went to court, so there is still hope in the lawsuit
lettuce pray for kesha

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Hmmmm isn't Kesha's deal with Kemosabe records tho? If Sony basically drops Fluke wouldnt they literally be cleaning their hands from Kesha and Luke and let them handle the legal stuff themselves and stay away from the drama? I'm not entirely sure if this is actually good or bad until I get the details of Kesha's deal. Also this probably means Kemosabe Records wont have Sony financial backings so Fluke would be dropping artists or go super low budget and just to spite people keep Kesha. IDK but I want things to be more clear on what will happen with the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom