• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delio

Idol are singers, actors and model that are heavy marketed and have entire brands around them and they come in all kinds like pop idols, photo idols, virtual idols, etc...

Gravure idol are models that tend to be featured in men's magazines and certain kind of videos that tend to look like those gifs of DoA.

I assume there are male idols like that but they must be rare?

Yado

where have you been still slays

tumblr_nf1ma2ji6g1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Omg the josh thread being locked because of PopGAF's power

Our impact !!!

The fact the thread derailed because of a Lady Gaga discussion... SLAY!

kinda glad the thread got closed so we don't have to pay attention to that 'guy' anymore tbh

EDIT: you guys did crack me up in the Josh Thread 😂

Oh god that diaper guy with the nudes. Came in to see what was happening lately in PopGAF. Ended up with batshit crazy Tea.

Between all that, and the anti Obama/pro trump tweets. Mess.

I don't understand why Gaga is obligated to release new material after Febuary? I mean of course it would've kept her momentum but Gaga doesn't need that right now

She accomplished in rebuilding her brand for the GP and that's good now

Whatever move Gaga plays next will have all eyes on her. So she can basically do whatever she likes whenever she likes.

Ha powER! Besides, wouldn't it have been better to not be TOO overexposed before LG5 kicks off? Because that would've happened if she did straight after the GRAMMYs etc.

cory64

I'd stan for her if she quit the entertainment industry as a whole and started cleaning the dishes at her dad's restaurant at this point. I'm in far too deep with her.
I agree, the Dreamcast was one of the most iconic consoles of all time and Sega will come to slay hardware again!

beyonce wasted a whole year of PR

I dunno, I think we assumed it was wasted until she dropped an album at the end of the year. It makes more sense to flood the media and then hold off for a while so that you don't over saturate yourself. Beyonce did it perfectly. She was in the public consciousness without feeling shoe-horned.

I'm thinking Gaga's looking to replicate that, albeit on a smaller scale

rhandino

Banned
Beyonce lead up to Self-titled was almost flawless in retrospective. Too bad both Gaga and Rih
(sorry my dear fave)
were incapable of replicate ha.

Oh well, percheD for Katheryn and her new era because maybe this time she is going to deliver that "dark" album she has been meaning to do since PRISM.

t1ML35B.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
CepV6riWwAUtpED.jpg

why does she look like a cardboard cutout or bad photoshop job

Floridian

BB Top 10
1. Rihanna ft Drake - Work
2. Lukas Graham - 7 Years
3. Justin Bieber - Love Yourself
4. Flo Rida - My House
5. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
6. Meghan Trainor - NO
7. G-Eazy ft Bebe Rehxa - Me, Myself & I
8. Zayn - Pillowtalk
9. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean
10. Mike Posner - I Took A Pill in Ibiza

The way my faves keep winning, Woo. That Lukas song gotta go though.

rhandino

Banned
BB Top 10
1. Rihanna ft Drake - Work
2. Lukas Graham - 7 Years
3. Justin Bieber - Love Yourself
4. Flo Rida - My House
5. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
6. Meghan Trainor - NO
7. G-Eazy ft Bebe Rehxa - Me, Myself & I
8. Zayn - Pillowtalk
9. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean
10. Mike Posner - I Took A Pill in Ibiza

The way my faves keep winning, Woo. That Lukas song gotta go though.
Where is Dangerous Woman? Oh, it dropped 2 spots (from 10 to 13) and while their digital sales seems lower she is getting them streaming coins, so there is that at least.

Perched for the MV.

t1ML35B.gif

Yado

whew that lashing
KuGsj.gif

Anyway she'll never see mainstream success in the US and anyone who supports her needs to come to terms with it.

Touchdown

Banned
She's gonna release two videos for the song, which should help a lot.
She really doesn't want another Focus dddddd

It's too late I think. She should have released the two videos when she released the song. Unless the videos are absolutely amazing, which judging from her past work, we know that won't be the case.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom