• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

tbh... I really can't see her breaking Mimi record with the song with most weeks in the #1 spot.

DjVe0Qv.gif

I guess if Rolling in The Deep couldn't do it, Hello won't. RITD is a much stronger single, even if I do like Hello, it doesn't have much of a lasting impact, I think but we'll see.

1 Adele - Hello 1.0000
2 Justin Bieber - Sorry 0.1844

Goddamn, Hello is selling more than 5 times the amount of the second highest song. Good luck Ariana sis :/

'Cause darlin' it was good
Never lookin' down
And right there where we stood
Was holy ground

Tonight I'm gonna dance for all that we've been through
But I don't wanna dance if I'm not dancin' with you
Tonight I'm gonna dance like you were in this room
But I don't wanna dance if I'm not dancin' with you

tumblr_nt5ugjjKLY1uxd4nzo8_250.gif

rhandino

Banned
You all do too much to the 5thHewMany tbh

They only need to disposes the no-talent, get a good producer, choreographer and stylist and they could slay the game...

WQquAEa.png

botty

Banned
The utter silence from Botty about tonight's Focus premier is very telling I think when it comes to expectations.

ab80dd6f4c.gif

gDBC4bl.gif

Focus is a top 10 hit already. Something Mariah can only remember getting.

Uyvvp3F.gif

IF the good sis is a good stan, they're probably setting up all their electronic devices to stream nonstop on Spotify, and the video on Vevo.

Is this how Worth It crawled its way to #12?

xtwUd33.gif

cory64

Q: The previous album, "Discipline," sounded desperate to keep up with pop trends. This one sounds like it was made without that sort of agenda. How much do you pay attention to what's trending in pop?

A: There was really no concern about what is going on today. It wasn't about reintroducing her, because her fans are there. We wanted to make a record for those fans who have been there. What would they like that next album to sound like? We were aware of what's out there, and we always play records we love before we start recording. She loves Brazilian music, Gilberto Gil and artists like that — we listened to a ton of that. We love Basement Jaxx, then Azealia Banks, Big Sean, and I went to Coachella because I wanted to see FKA Twigs. We want to soak everything up, and then shut it down and make our own album. If it sounded like it was forced, or we're chasing something, that's not what we're trying to do. We did isolate ourselves. Our partners in BMG did not know what the album would sound like till we finished. She's an indie artist with her own label, which is cool, because it allows her to make an album without pressure or expectations of sales. That was refreshing.

x

Real Music®, pure and simple.

cory64

Mau ®;183466403 said:
THE WAY COLDPLAY IS COMING FOR THE AOTY

THE SINGLE IS LIKELY TO DROP
TOMORROW 😭😭

A HEAD FULL OF DREAMS
I hope it's on streaming. I'm not paying for Head from Coldplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom