• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
pupi bitch you just won focus on atrl

qnfnqkfnkqnf

My profession is winning.
c8023da3e4.gif

Floridian

40 days of teasing & promo in follow up to releasing one of the worst lead singles of the year. Selena really did win.

Hope the video is worth watching though.

cory64

FOCUS slays except for the penis in the chorus. This was DEFINITELY a repurposed kpop song.

Focus is trash, but Moonlight will be great.

rhandino

Banned
.... if you are going to try iT during a period in which some of the biggest names of the music industry are releasing quality then you better come prepared and do it right.

HAaM4DW.gif

A mess.

Floridian

She literally can keep the song, it's a catastrophe! At least now we can blame Adele when the song tanks hard.

Let's be real, even if Adele didn't release last week, it wouldn't beat The Hills/Hotline/Sorry for the #1 spot. If she manages to crack top ten with this song i'll be impressed.. Just remembered that even Cheerleader went #1 so anything's possible this year I guess. I'll wait for receipts.

Rihanna Reportedly Inks $25 Million Deal with Samsung for New Album & Tour
YcNgiI6.jpg

Rihanna’s new album is reportedly getting a huge push from electronic giant Samsung. According to The New York Post, Rih and Samsung have inked a $25 million sponsorship deal.

via NYP:

The Rihanna deal follows seven months of talks and is the biggest music-marketing tie-up in recent memory. Hammering out the details took longer than expected in part because Rihanna made some last-minute tweaks to the album, sources said.

Rihanna, the 27-year-old beauty from Barbados, is releasing an album in the next few weeks, reportedly titled “Anti.” It will be her eighth studio album. She has talked about wanting to approach an album release in a fresh way.

Both her manager Jay Brown and Jay Z were integral to the deal. Jay Z was pictured on Twitter earlier this month leaving Samsung offices, prompting speculation about whether he was there to sell Tidal, his streaming music service, but sources suggest he was instead trying to nail down details of the Rihanna partnership.

Samsung wants to use Rihanna to help promote its Galaxy line of products and wants exclusive use of Rihanna-related video content to release via its Milk Music radio service, sources said. An open question is whether Jay Z’s Tidal streaming music service will gain any exclusivity given that Rihanna is a backer.

The deal is bad news for marketers, said one source, noting that few have pockets deep enough to afford such multi-million dollar global tie-ups. “No-one wants to have $25 million deals in the market place,” said a source.

cory64

The fact that Focus was released in the wake of Hello, Sorry, What Do U Mean, Clearest Blue, Dammn Baby, Out of Reach, WorkX2, Ultraviolet, Same Old Love, Make Up, I'm Your Doll, Hotline Bling, Love Myself, etc. and doesn't even compare to any of them.

Tragic.

Nasser

Let's be real, even if Adele didn't release last week, it wouldn't beat The Hills/Hotline/Sorry for the #1 spot. If she manages to crack top ten with this song i'll be impressed.. Just remembered that even Cheerleader went #1 so anything's possible this year I guess. I'll wait for receipts.

If this is her first top 10 solo i'm gonna be surprised. It's so bad!!

i don't know why but Focus reminds me of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Yc3pv-uI0

rhandino

Banned
Someone on A[redacted]RL is trying to pass this song as some ***flawless equivalent just because the man in the chorus is some kind of spokesperson of Black Lives Matter...

L9RTIVm.gif

Meowster

Focus isn't as bad as you all are making it out to be but it is also nowhere near the My Everything singles. I say it's a 7.5 at best.

Floridian

tbh, Miley/Selena/Demi isn't touching Ari in the video department anytime soon.

[mystikal]Focus on Meh. FU-FUH Focus on Meh![/mystikal]

LTVjpej.gif

Partition

Banned
Focus is bad. Coming into her own means not evolving as an artist in any way, sonically, between albums I guess. It sounds like Problem. The chorus especially, is awful.

royalan

Focus is bad. Coming into her own means not evolving as an artist in any way, sonically, between albums I guess. It sounds like Problem. The chorus especially, is awful.

I don't think it sounds much like Problem. It DOES sound like 5H's Worth It, though. But hey, that's a popular mode of production these days.

I also notice that her vocals have SERIOUSLY improved. I can understand what she's saying now, and she's settling into a deeper timbre in her voice and not doing the whispery Mariah thing anymore.

I might have to stan Ariana. Gotta love a pop star who works on their craft. (And it's not like Xtina is giving me much choice as she takes her sweet ass time with her upcoming masterpiece. :( )

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The male free edit is infinitely better than the original
It's a shame because I like the sound of the verses and pre-chorus. Like Roy said she sounds so much better and is actually speaking words rather than jumbled sentences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom