• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

Focus struggling to sell 100k. Iggy's power

kymKr29.gif

Floridian

Just cause you are on ATRL does not mean y'all have to steal their jokes/posts.

A4OUDRo.gif

I knew Ari only had the majority of her chart success through collab songs. It didn't take another forum for me to figure that out. I'm just saying Problem was a "huge hit". How is she getting these low expected numbers through a solo song?

A4OUDRo.gif

botty

Banned
I knew Ari only had the majority of her chart success through collab songs. It didn't take another forum for me to figure that out. I'm just saying Problem was a "huge hit". How is she getting these low expected numbers through a solo song?

A4OUDRo.gif

Ok, let's pretend that your post wasn't completely plagiarized from ATRL. Are you coming for Ariana's chart success or her sales?

Ariana has pretty much given all of her features their biggest songs/one of their biggest songs. Mac Miller's biggest song is The Way, Zedd's biggest song is Break Free, at the time of release, The Weeknd's biggest song was Love Me Harder, Bang Bang was the biggest song Nicki and Jessie J had during both of their last eras, and Iggy Azalea (also accused of needing features) has all but vanished from the charts after Black Widow.

So really who needs who here?

Anyway, Focus could still debut/reach top 10. The world is just focus fuh-fuh focused on Adele, though.

You wait by the phone, my eyes to your throne
It’s what you, what you want from me
It what you, what you want from me
Pretend that I’m shy, I laugh when you cry
It’s what they, what they want from me
It’s what they, what they want from me

Try to teach me a lesson
I’ll keep, I’ll keep you guessing
Oh I will (I will)
I will (I will)
I will (I will)
I will

When it’s with me your messing
I’m gonna teach you a lesson
Oh I will
I will (I will)
I will (I will)
I will

5shxOmx.gif

is I Will Sky Ferreira's best song? yes it is

Floridian

Ok, let's pretend that your post wasn't completely plagiarized from ATRL. Are you coming for Ariana's chart success or her sales?

Ariana has pretty much given all of her features their biggest songs/one of their biggest songs. Mac Miller's biggest song is The Way, Zedd's biggest song is Break Free, at the time of release, The Weeknd's biggest song was Love Me Harder, Bang Bang was the biggest song Nicki and Jessie J had during both of their last eras, and Iggy Azalea (also accused of needing features) has all but vanished from the charts after Black Widow.

So really who needs who here?

Anyway, Focus could still debut/reach top 10. The world is just focus fuh-fuh focused on Adele, though.

Uno, don't pull the "Atrl" card only out on me when the majority of posters here have accounts/lurk there & cross-posts from there too. That would look hypocritical imo. You're free to look up whichever post "I copied word for word" though. Try & expose me.

Dos, Iggy had a #1 hit without her. The Weeknd currently has 2 #1's without her, Nicki had a #2 without her. Don't act like she's the reason other artists are charting high. Even Selena, who some claim to be less big than Ari even managed to get solo top ten hits before her.

Tres, sure it's possible she could reach top 10. I just thought someone who's been shaped as a "rihplacer" would perform better is all. :eevee:

Monster is easily the worst song on The Fame Monster. Teeth is a better song and would be more suited to Halloween tbh.
Yeah I prefer Bloody Mary as a halloween song imo.

botty

Banned
Uno, don't pull the "Atrl" card only out on me when the majority of posters here have accounts/lurk there & cross-posts from there too. That would look hypocritical imo. You're free to look up whichever post "I copied word for word" though. Try & expose me.

I expect more from you than them.

Floridian

I expect more from you than them.

It's fine breh, I was just a little disappointed from the single since I was lowkey rooting for it. It sounded good but then it fell flat. The way she built it up makes the song deserve to flop imo. Maybe the 2nd single will give her era more justice.

botty

Banned
It's fine breh, I was just a little disappointed from the single since I was lowkey rooting for it. It sounded good but then it fell flat. The way she built it up makes the song deserve to flop imo. Maybe the 2nd single will give her era more justice.

her first singles are always shit. I actually like most of Focus... now, will probably hate it later like I hate problem and The Way.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
with LG5's lead single if you just expect a song that sounds like it was written and recorded in 20 minutes and that gaga just plain forgot to write the second verse

then you'll only be mildly disappointed by it

y'all do too much on gaga wth

applause was kinda good

applause got me into pop music actually, i used to listen to rock but didn't actually like it... then i discovered Lana and then the ARTPOP era started and I started exploring pop music and it's now my favorite music genre

Partition

Banned
applause got me into pop music actually, i used to listen to rock but didn't actually like it... then i discovered Lana and then the ARTPOP era started and I started exploring pop music and it's now my favorite music genre

back in my day kids listened to bad romance

how thee mighty hath fallen

Mau ®

I do remember you posting on occasion on Rock/AltGaf

Applause being your introduction to pop music tho. Horrific 👀

Floridian

I don't even remember the first pop song i've heard. I wasn't a fan of pop music till late 2010. Back then I listened to the radio 24/7.

Mau ®

I don't remember my first pop song per se, although my mom and dad listened to a lot of 60-90's music so I know a lot of pop acts from those times.

The first pop star that made an impression on me was Britney. Like I remember being glued to MTV waiting for her videos to show. She was everything.

I hate her now though.

back in my day kids listened to bad romance

how thee mighty hath fallen

Mau ®;183716180 said:
I do remember you posting on occasion on Rock/AltGaf

Applause being your introduction to pop music tho. Horrific 👀
Well it's not like I didn't know who Lady Gaga was before Applause. I remember back in 2008 when I was 10 years old Poker Face got big, I remember watching the video and then Just Dance was always played on the radio, Alejandro, etc. Back when I was a closet case I rihmember Judas and Marry the Night slayed me when they came on the radio and I remember hating Edge of Glory and Born This Way. Bad Romance and Telephone were big too ofc

she was everywhere back then. rip.

I also remember in 7th grade I pulled an all-nighter and I watched MTV the whole night and the video for Only Girl came on and it changed my life.
also the video for firework played that night lmao
BD was probably being conceived while I was playing Pokemon in school.

*stares into the horizon to ponder life*
what were you doing on January 1997

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom