• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
oh like slay z that should have came out over a week ago
ANTI teas

Floridian

CTY6sR2UwAAuvZp.jpg

Well at least her tour wasn't canceled due to lack of demand like some others.

What? Ya'll underestimating Mehgan. She had a huge #1 hit for starters (with 1b+ views on vevo). Multiple top ten hits, currently the female with the highest album debut sales this year (she will be #2 due to Adele though), her album is almost 2m WW in sales. She writes her own songs too & is decent live. I don't really like her music but she's pretty much one the sleeper-hit girls of this decade. For now people like to say she's a "one-album wonder" but time will tell.

I don't doubt she's successful, though it seems you and Matt were referring to technical single/album success, whereas I was pointing to pop culture relevance. You can be very successful on the radio and harbor that market and still not really be talked about that much. It happens a lot actually.

cory64

Christina looks better tbh.

I don't doubt she's successful, though it seems you and Matt were referring to technical single/album success, whereas I was pointing to pop culture relevance. You can be very successful on the radio and harbor that market and still not really be talked about that much. It happens a lot actually.
The opposite is also true. Only icons and legends have both.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

You're right I was
but like everyone was talking about her when she came with all about that bass for being a big girl and promoting realistic body sizes and shit

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Lol I don't know what are you trying to say? Did I say xtina doesn't look good? Or maybe cause every Britney praise is also xtina shade

You'll get used to his posts over Britney and Xtina stuff. He is always like that hun. 😘

Ugh honestly as much as I adore Xtina, of course she looks radiant when she's had an 8 year vacation from her job.

And the more I consider her comeback in 2016 the more I doubt she's found herself musically/creatively yet. I don't think she knows where to place herself in the market which is why her last two albums have felt so off.

You're right I was
but like everyone was talking about her when she came with all about that bass for being a big girl and promoting realistic body sizes and shit

Yeah, but I haven't seen much buzz since. Good for her and success though tbh

Floridian

Outside of AATB there really isn't much to say about her tbh. She's not causing media controversy or in the lime-light so she won't have much coverage.

Nasser

You'll get used to his posts over Britney and Xtina stuff. He is always like that hun. 😘

It's crazy for Xtina fans to hate Britney considering the fact that Xtina has been and will forever be relevant cause of Britney. Remember that time when she tried to leach off the attention Lady Gaga was getting before the release of Artpop with their tragic performance but the album ended up being a complete garbage like Xtina's last 2 albums

britney-laugh-radio-gic7ev.gif

Ugh honestly as much as I adore Xtina, of course she looks radiant when she's had an 8 year vacation from her job.

And the more I consider her comeback in 2016 the more I doubt she's found herself musically/creatively yet. I don't think she knows where to place herself in the market which is why her last two albums have felt so off.

She's busy teaching online singing courses. I doubt she'll be releasing anytime soon since actually no one cared about her but rather about the feud with Britney.

Partition

Banned
It's time to line up for your lashings.

GRIMES and IMPACT.

LAUGHABLE.

NOBODY gives a fuck about Grimes.

Even at her "height" nobody gave a fuck about Grimes.

And you won't find her "impact" reflected on any surface of the music industry.

She put out a song that was cute to listen to while high, and talked a lot of shit about established music acts in attempt to mask the fact that even she knew her career wasn't shit and nobody would know who the dick she was in 5 minutes time, nor would anybody caste to learn. That's it.

She's a SOUNDCLOUD HOE, sis. Deal.

nfKLPCr.png

Not a sample of Mariah her singles clocking grimes her entire discography
p5A5Hh6.png

nfKLPCr.png

But fucking Grimes??? This is a travesty of flop taste over a chick who didn't even have enough of an impact to say she had 15 minutes. A blip 3 years ago and nothing more.

nfKLPCr.png

I doubt anyone would be channelling Grimes must like some contemporary artists today attempt to channel Mariah.

I mean the indie movement who's started wearing jumpers around their waists again and doing their hair like Pidgeot escaping from a concentration camp all think it's great and have updated their nouveau blogs with the scores that get archived by Metacritic but who cares if nobody remembers about it in a few years.

I don't even like Mariah Carey, why am I doing this

nfKLPCr.png

If there is anything you should learn about POPGAF, it's that Royalan never wins.

Partition

Banned
[ 9 3 ]

Have that many people even been showing up to Mariah's shows lately? The shows she doesn't cancel anyway.

[ 9 3 ]

As in, thousand, LTD sales of MIAMTEC? Maybe?

Floridian

I'm gonna wait another week or two before i'll get too confident on that metascore. It's impressive & all but compared with her with other album that had like 40+ critics, it could be a bit premature.

cory64

But why are we even comparing Grimes and mariah?

One is one of the most iconic chanteuses to ever grace music, and the other is still trying to make her mark on this decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom