• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

for ARTPOP and it's DEBUT SINGLE.

Kny6i.gif

Mau ®

THE BATTLE FOR GODNEY BEGINS *.*

britney-spears-la-reid-kiss-l.jpg

A battle for Britney Spears is brewing. The pop star's recording contract with the former Jive Records (now RCA, a division of Sony Music) has one album left, and among those courting the chart-topper are L.A. Reid, chairman of Sony's Epic Records and Spears' X Factor sidekick, and Barry Weiss, former Jive head who's guided her career through its greatest heights and now chairs Island Def Jam Motown and Universal Republic, home to Justin Bieber, Kanye West and American Idol's Mariah Carey.

Both execs want to sign the singer, 30, whose seven studio releases have sold some 100 million units worldwide, to their rosters (at a cost of $3 million to $5 million per album, according to one estimate). But in what’s being described by sources as a virtual face-off, the two are approaching the courtship with divergent strategies.

Reid, with whom Spears has become “chummy” since joining X Factor -- to the extent that she andDemi Lovato swapped table positions so Spears can sit to Reid’s left -- is in dire need of an artist who can chart, having run Epic for more than a year now with nary a hit to its name (staffers insist new signings Ciara and Avril Lavigne could turn the tide) (ITZ note: LOL LOL LOL) . According to sources, Reid is using his proximity to Spears to woo her while also offering his counsel and promising to take her career “to the next level.”

Weiss (pictured), who essentially swapped jobs with Reid in 2011, at least where IDJ is concerned, has time on his side. "I have a 15-year history with Britney and would love to be reunited with her," he tellsThe Hollywood Reporter. Indeed, Weiss is one of few executives with whom Spears has interacted directly and he represents a sort of “comfort zone for Britney," says an insider. “Barry understands how her business is run and the many buffers in place."

Chief among them: the decision makers in Spears' life. They include Jason Trawick, Spears’ fiancé, former agent and co-conservator (along with her father Jamie Spears), who sits at his own judges’ table-like spot on the X Factor set and keeps a close eye on the proceedings, and Larry Rudolph, her longtime manager. Rudolph isclose to both Reid and Weiss -- the former via Lavigne, whom he also reps, and the latter from his years with Spears.

VIA. HollywoodReporter

Nemesis_

I thought Britney was over it / giving up.

BUT GUESS I WAS WRONG.

ALSO-

SINGER Pink has revealed she was offered the job as female judge on the Australian version of The Voice.

However the singer declined for fear of alienating the public with her blunt opinions.

"I was offered The Voice in Australia plus American Idol and The X Factor," Pink said today.

"I said no because you can't be honest. People will hate you if you're honest. Simon Cowell is the only person who gets away with it because he's got an accent. And he's a man.

"People would just hate me more than they already do. I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings. Besides, you can sing karaoke anywhere..."

Pink also disclosed her new album The Truth About Love contains a duet with Eminem - Here Comes the Weekend. It is part of a musical trade after Pink sang on his last album.

"He said 'Do you want to do a song with me?' F--- yeah! I said 'Do you want to do a song with me?' and he said 'F--- yeah!" Handshake. Nothing signed. Done."

The track is an "alternative club banger" but Pink said "I think we have another song in our future that will be funny and sh-- talking."

The highly-anticipated album also features vocals from Lily Allen on True Love ("she's the funniest, wittiest person") and Just Give Me a Reason, a duet with Nate Reuss from chart toppers fun.

Pink has also written a song called I Walk Alone for Cher's new album.

"It's such an honor," she said. "I finally feel like a songwriter. And I'm such a fan."

Pink is planning another lengthy Australian tour for mid 2013, her first since the birth of daughter Willow.

Her last Australian tour, which stretched over four months, broke records.

Pink is already brainstorming new acrobatic tricks for the tour.

"It'll be perfect because Willow will be asleep when I go on stage. I'll say goodnight to her and it'll be (sings) 'Get the party started...' I'm so looking forward to it."

Pink is planning to visit down under in October to promote the album and No.1 single Blow Me but said she had reservations about introducing Willow to local wildlife.

"I want to show her a koala or a kangaroo but what if something happens and there's a mean kangaroo? And aren't koalas mean if they're not high? I'm a worry-wort mother now."

Mau ®

Is Brit's next album that anticipated? I assumed she was approaching her twilight years.

She's not recording anything as far as I know but she's still a good brand. Femme Fatale had a great singles streak (though its sales were ok at best).

Also, P!nk has announced the guest features on her upcoming album and it is Lily Allen, Eminem and the guy from Fun.

Pink also disclosed her new album The Truth About Love contains a duet with Eminem - Here Comes the Weekend. It is part of a musical trade after Pink sang on his last album.

"He said 'Do you want to do a song with me?' F--- yeah! I said 'Do you want to do a song with me?' and he said 'F--- yeah!" Handshake. Nothing signed. Done."

The track is an "alternative club banger" but Pink said "I think we have another song in our future that will be funny and sh-- talking."

The highly-anticipated album also features vocals from Lily Allen on True Love ("she's the funniest, wittiest person") and Just Give Me a Reason, a duet with Nate Reuss from chart toppers fun.

EDIT: Nem and I are competing for POP-GAF's official news reporter tbh
bhuHH.gif

Icicle

This has basically nothing to do with pop music, but it's much truer to the topic than that super hero mess that went down yesterday.

This news is several weeks old at this point, but I never saw any mention of it on GAF, so I figure here's as good of a place as any, since the geighs are probably the only ones who actually care.

If you did not hear the AMAZING news, 15 years after it was released in theaters, Don Bluth's MASTERPIECE, Anastasia, is being adapted into a musical and heading to Broadway.

tumblr_m3x87omP1U1qbsjqno1_r1_500.gif

Your fave basic Disney heauxs can stay PRESSED.

Oh, I forgot to mention she's also got the hottest male cartoon character eva.
tumblr_lx103yG5kt1r02u9mo3_250.gif

But WAIT, there's more!

The incomparable QUEEN, Angela Lansbury will be reprising her role for the Broadway production.
tumblr_lzn9hyL2Y11qdmp1xo13_r1_250.gif

Thankfully, the film's songwriters are both back on this project, so a Little Mermaid disaster (new lyricist because Howard Ashman had long since passed, did not stay true to Ashman's vision), won't be happening here.

I have hoped and prayed for a musical version of the movie ever since I saw it in theaters.
tumblr_lqwz5pG0e81qku1djo1_500.gif

I invite you girls to join me in shaking and crying for the next year or so until it opens.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
This is a special announcement by the PopGaf 2012 Olympics

inFe8QeviQnBW.png

Since some people are pressed, I feel we need to address some
concerns
ixeegJLX8Spmy.gif

Seeing as how I was the one that proposed the format that Flawed&Flatrius thoroughly botched, .
You didn't propose the format, you just helped populate the list
iOeaXcDuoSvJl.gif

Mistakes were made, not enough participation among the regulars, zero transparency as to the methods used to come to determining rank,
Good luck trying to get more people to participate, I was surprise 26 out of the 40 responded. As for your transparency issue... how much more transparency do you want, the file is there for you to look at and I clearly stated the way the poll was going to work when I sent it

Mistakes might have been made(such as botty pointed out) and I will be glad to update the score if you find more issues, aside from that it remains solid.
ibvc6dkkZw2BYL.gif

and the fact that Mehrius took MONTHS to calculate a group of numbers that are all ten or lower is pretty damn sad, or possibly indicative of some manipulation of the numbers.

And to top it off, the heaux's rows were crooked. A mess in EVERY respect.

I didn't really care tbh, I had nothing to do the last couple of days so I decided to input the data. sue me

As for the rows I could give a fuck
iHMslTGvQdMXg.gif

Don't worry tho, the official Pop-GAF poll, whenever you guys feel up to it will be very transparent and accurate. When our flops and faves are crowned next time around, there won't be any doubts as to the legitimacy of the contest.

Good luck trying to replicate anything,
PopGaf Olympics has been trademarked by FlatAss_ Productions, my poll is the Grammy's, yours will be The Teen Choice Awards

stay pressed tho.
i6D1eik5s8J4p.gif

eOuwa.gif

Mau ®

p.jpg

Paul Van Dyk: "Madonna should've retired after Ray of Light"

In an interview with German news service dpa on Tuesday, van Dyk whose sixth studio album released on April 2012 failed to chart anywhere in the world, said she should have retired long ago.
He said…

“I think she should have quit after her good Ray of Light album (in 1998).
I have remixed a few of her songs but in general I only work with people who inspire me and Madonna right now doesn’t.”

On a side note, Paul van Dyk worked for Madonna after ‘Ray of Light’, remixing Revolver in 2009!

This isn’t the first time van Dyk has criticized Madonna. The 40yo Berlin-based DJ said the Queen of pop made “the biggest mistake of her career” in March this year when she apparently used a slang term for ecstasy in front of a crowd at the Ultra Music Festival.
He told Billboard at the time…

“Madonna was so stupid to call out drug abuse in front of a crowd of 18-year-olds.”

Madonna later claimed she had been misunderstood and had not meant to promote drug use.

Trigger

Lots of people coming for Madonna lately. I wonder why....
bhuHH.gif

Also: I appreciate the hard work that Marius put into the poll. It was a funny diversion for all involved.

GqU29.gif

Nemesis_

The thing is, Madonna doesn't care.

FREE COVERAGE FOR HER.

ZkHrN.gif

I wonder if she takes any of it to heart after so many people.

And yes MARI I appreciate your EFFORTS despite the GLASSHEART level of DELAY. Only PRESSED LESSORS wouldn't tbh.

qxIC1.gif

Bladenic

Go in Marius. I think the poll was great worry not about what others say.

Also I hate to admit this but I'm contemplating listening to Hag's Ray of Light album. Randomly listened to the song when I put the iPhone on shuffle and the song remains flawless. If the album is anything like the song I'll probably love it 😱

Nemesis_

Go in Marius. I think the poll was great worry not about what others say.

Also I hate to admit this but I'm contemplating listening to Hag's Ray of Light album. Randomly listened to the song when I put the iPhone on shuffle and the song remains flawless. If the album is anything like the song I'll probably love it ��

You still haven't listened?

Sky Fits Heaven and Skin are both really good, potentially my faves. It didn't surprise me to find out that Skin was going to be a single.

Mau ®

Also I hate to admit this but I'm contemplating listening to Hag's Ray of Light album. Randomly listened to the song when I put the iPhone on shuffle and the song remains flawless. If the album is anything like the song I'll probably love it 😱

The album is amazing but Ray of Light is its most energetic moment. Most of the album is more laid back.

Bladenic

I think I've heard snippets of other songs. I like Frozen too actually though not that much. Like I said I'm not into dance Madonna so I welcome the more chill (not to mention more mature) nature.

Nemesis_

I think I've heard snippets of other songs. I like Frozen too actually though not that much. Like I said I'm not into dance Madonna so I welcome the more chill (not to mention more mature) nature.

BUT FROZEN.

a2BFh.gif

You should like Skin tbh. It's fast but chilled. It's weird but good.

Bladenic

It's funny because I had a limited amount of Internet in Romania and here it's unlimited but ever since I been back we haven't had it WHAT KIND OF IRONIC FLOP?

Missing the Frank Sinatra Collection for 99 cents and the hip hop album sale on Amazon because of it ;_;

Nemesis_

I'm still sorta disappointed that kiki isn't a euphemism for sex. I could always use more in my vocabulary.

Make your own lingo!

tumblr_m5f96wFF7U1qfjbxm.gif

It's funny because I had a limited amount of Internet in Romania and here it's unlimited but ever since I been back we haven't had it WHAT KIND OF IRONIC FLOP?

Missing the Frank Sinatra Collection for 99 cents and the hip hop album sale on Amazon because of it ;_;

Can't you buy them through the mobile app?

tumblr_m5f96wFF7U1qfjbxm.gif

Bladenic

SWEET LOVE

UhB30.gif

BLESS I LOVE THAT SONG. They have a new one but it's so inferior.

As for my comments last night, I stand by them. Prefer Dolly Parton original of Always Love you. As for the Rihanna score, that was a mistake ;_;.

Not gonna bother defending my Kylie comment, I had no idea who she was before pop GAF and I care not to find out.

Nemesis_

New page, new news:

THE QUEEN will slay all your faves. That is all.

Keep it cute and flop-free, gerls.

lady_gaga___artpop_by_jejegaga-d59tdii.jpeg

#ARTPOP2013WORLDDOMINATION

!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom