• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC

I'm sorry that I couldn't be bothered to read through the messy aftermath of the Popgaf Olympics

iiktGYZDzgzkb.gif

I made a logo for the pop gaf VMAs in GAF colours:

iKgKCG0K4mjrV.png
We had enough poll excitement for a while. VMAs should wait until the end of the year or close to it. That way we catch all the #mess that will be expelled this fall.

Nope, not an excuse to include Glassheart AT ALL

Don't bake over the pressed haters, Mari. Your poll was FLAWLESS, as was the execution of the results delivery and legendary fake-out. You have done this thread and your stan sistren proud.

patriotic_025.gif

Trigger

A P!nk and Lily Allen song sounds like fun. I'm also not feeling Numb. It feels like Usher phoned in the lyrics and vocals. No heart, no soul to them.

Pink offering some much needed realmess. Excited for the album and especially that Eminem track.

bhuHH.gif
bhuHH.gif
bhuHH.gif

Great job on the poll Marius. Too bad I never got to send my rankings in but all I probably would have sent in are 10s for Gaga and Beyonce, and negatives for Rihanna, Britney and Kylie. >_>

Icicle

Sorry to interrupt this PopGaf Olympics mess, but Nicki Minaj is current #22 on iTunes.

That is all.

ihnIAhEjRRHiq.gif

Sorry to interrupt your Sticki stanning mess, but the plastic heaux has 400,000 copies of her album sitting unsold on store shelves in the US alone. That's almost as many copies as its sold here.

I know she's got lots of "enemies", like Kim and Azealia, among others, but it looks like she's doing the MOST to finish herself off before anyone else gets the chance to knock ha out the game.

k8K72.gif

Bladenic

Sorry to interrupt your Sticki stanning mess, but the plastic heaux has 400,000 copies of her album sitting unsold on store shelves in the US alone. That's almost as many copies as its sold here.

I know she's got lots of "enemies", like Kim and Azealia, among others, but it looks like she's doing the MOST to finish herself off before anyone else gets the chance to knock ha out the game.

k8K72.gif

500k more copies than Brandy will probs sell.

royalan

Hate to say it, but she's spot on in her reasoning:

"I said no because you can't be honest. People will hate you if you're honest. Simon Cowell is the only person who gets away with it because he's got an accent. And he's a man.

I mean, just look at Christina. She got labelled "Evil Whore Bitch"
apologies if I can't use that word in this context Mumu :/
after last season of The Voice, but when you look back at the show NOTHING she says is any worse than the harshest of Adam's criticisms, or anything said by the men on other shows (Simon). People were even threatening to boycott the show if she returned next season (but of course that won't happen. Xtina's drama brings RATINGS and NBC would give her a raise before they kicked her off the show).

Bladenic

after last season of The Voice, but when you look back at the show NOTHING she says is any worse than the harshest of Adam's criticisms, or anything said by the men on other shows (Simon). People were even threatening to boycott the show if she returned next season (but of course that won't happen. Xtina's drama brings RATINGS and NBC would give her a raise before they kicked her off the show).

Like I said realness.

Though I think Xtina was called a bitch for texting during performances, not clapping, etc.

Trigger

I'm pretty sure it's okay in this context.

"Christina is an evil bitch" = banned
"Christina was called an evil bitch" = discussion

Nemesis_

Like I said realness.

Though I think Xtina was called a bitch for texting during performances, not clapping, etc.

I don't know if she was texting or not. The same stuff happened here during Australian Voice but pretty sure they make the judges tweet as often as they can, am I right or not?

I mean you know how much I hate XSPHINCTA but I have to come to her defense in this situation.

ive seen bandcamp covers that look better than Gaga's album art

more like artflop

bhuHH.gif

Not real, lol.

botty

Banned

k8K72.gif

It's never ever too late.
Ok to make a mistake
Yeah baby this is your day
It's time to masquerade

ihnIAhEjRRHiq.gif

Bladenic

I've sort of just thought about it and there are a lot of albums I'm looking forward to this fall on the pop spectrum. Pink, Leona, Kesha, Azealia, among others.

The Killers tho. Can't wait.

Bladenic

Hey Leona how do you feel about the fact that Leona is only releasing Trouble a week ahead of the album? Shouldn't a lead single be released at least a month ahead of the album? Maybe she plan to go all out to promote the single and album in tandem but still.

Icicle

igc4GEkwcSH6a.png

I am 100% HERE for whatever this means, perhaps the resumption of the Number Ones: Up Close and Personal tour, heading into the studio for her next album, or SCALPING Paris followed by clocking ha face so hard, she will never be pretty again.

This will be me when I find out what she's doing...
iWM6LwwQUVMKb.gif

Nemesis_

Hey Leona how do you feel about the fact that Leona is only releasing Trouble a week ahead of the album? Shouldn't a lead single be released at least a month ahead of the album? Maybe she plan to go all out to promote the single and album in tandem but still.

I thought the lead single was released a YEAR before >=)

KHudD.gif

We should do another poll.
bhuHH.gif

My original plan for my "awards" included a survey like the one we did, plus DEMOGRAPHICS DATA.

BUT NO, THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN/

H7XfG.gif

Bladenic

Jay-Z and Beyonce are among the strongest examples of Ugly Guy Hot Girl in history. Or more like Hideous Baboon and Flawless Beauty.

Icicle

Brandy just announced that her video is being released on the 14th on BET's "106 and Park". So much better than just throwing it up on Vevo, imo. So if you don't want to be inundated by lots of posts filled with gerls screaming and crying, be sure you take a Pop-GAF vacation for a couple hours next Tuesday starting at 6PM EST.

If anyone hasn't seen it yet, here is a preview of what's about to come.

Video Teaser

royalan

Rumors have been around for years that Jay-Z has one of the biggest dicks in the industry...so eh, take that for what it's worth.

....is, is this true?

HRKZu.gif

Damn sad if true. Her label really has NO faith in her.

Bladenic

Rumors have been around for years that Jay-Z has one of the biggest dicks in the industry...so eh, take that for what it's worth.

....is, is this true?

HRKZu.gif

Damn sad if true. Her label really has NO faith in her.

I suppose it is her label's fault. Idk if they're really out to fuck her over, but the whole Glassheart fiasco reeks of label problems.

This is why I think the album will flop and Leona will have to retire from pop GAF.

royalan

Where do these things even originate from

http://www.balleralert.com/forum/topics/jayzs-dick-is-the-size-of-a

When did you meet jay-Z?
This was back when Reasonable Doubt came out. We met at a club. One of his friends was fuckin' one of my friends, and he was like "What up. My name is Jay-Z."

Was he already famous? Were you attracted to him as a person, or more for the fame?
I definitely didn't find him attractive, but he was borderline famous so I figured I'd have a story to tell. He told me I looked like I had a "fuckable mouth," which i thought was probably the most disrespectful shit I'd ever heard.

How long did you mess with him?
Like 3 months

Were you worried about him sleeping with other girls?
He had a ton of other bitches. To tell you the truth, with his boring dick, I was glad he was giving it to them.

Boring?
Boring. The biggest dick you'll ever see in your life, but boring. Huge. Like a one-liter Pepsi bottle. What do you call those things? The 20-ounce bottle. It's beyond huge. It could block the sun.

Too big to suck?
No, not all. That's why he fucked with me. And he screams like a bitch when he busts. It's horrible. He has a big, humungous dick and has no idea what to do with it.

You didn't try and teach him?
It wouldn't have worked to teach him anything. He is just boring. Plus, I really didn't care. I was just mostly around for the cash. He might not be boring in bed to everyone, but me I just didn't dig him. He always wanted head first, then back-shots. Then he'd always try and stick it in the asshole. I don't know what the fuck he thought he was doing with that big-ass dick.

Did you ever let him?
I wouldn't be talking to you now if I had. My insides would be in a bag.

What kind of things did he buy you?
Two fur coats. Diamond earrings. I got mostly cash, though. Cash all the time.

What's the most cash he ever gave you at one time?
$3,000. He told me to buy something nice for the next time I gave him some good head. I was like "Whatever". I used it to pay my bills.

Did you feel like a prostitute?
The money came way before the head came. Sometimes he'd give me money and I hadn't even done anything.

Was it like a booty-call thing? He'd call you at a certain time of night?
He would have his homeboy call me and come pick me up and bring me over to wherever he was. The studio, the club, wherever the fuck he was at.

Did you ever go to his house?
Yeah. He'd watch a movie, I'd clean his house, we'd take a shower, fuck and he'd go to sleep. I would take a can, I'd always leave.

Why didn't you spend the night?
I didn't wanna wake up next to him. He's ugly.

So what was in it for you? Bragging rights?
Yeah, I'm in the music business, so that's pretty much the reason I fucked Jay. Just to say I did.

Was there ever a situation where you had to deal with him on the business tip?
Mixing business with pleasure, no. That's too much bullshit. But I think most rappers basically try to fuck bitches who are smart and try to keep them around so they can learn shit. I did it discreetly, though, so most people don't know.

Trigger

lol, I now know more about Jay-Z's dick than I ever thought I would.

EDIT- Lawd, now I have the mental image of Jay-Z trying to do anal with Beyonce and screaming.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Not sure if its true or not unless some of you buy the Lana Vogue copy

“It’s always exciting when you get a new record goin’. There’s this song I did with Paul Epworth, it’s called “Blue Morning”, and it’s inspired by The Doors. It’s more rock and upbeat than anything I’ve ever done. I’m really proud of it. Just yesterday I’ve found out that I’ll be performing on MTV awards (in September), and we’re planning to launch it there. So yeah, it’s exciting.”

ibhOlSWkAuVpR5.gif

It was the same with "Bleeding Love" and "Happy" - SYCO plans her singles releases (and thus her album releases) around frenzied and compact promo pushes rather than sustained momentum. Even in the States, she was on Idol, Oprah, and Ellen all in the same week.

She's guest judging X-Factor UK (her two episodes will probably be airing in two-three weeks, right around when "Trouble" is being released to radio). Releasing the single is just a formality (and a way to please fans with B-sides) because she's always been an albums seller, not a singles one. Echo sold over 2,000,000 but Happy flopped. Spirit sold over 7,000,000 off the back of one singles hit.

She's always released the official singles weeks or even months after they've already been on radio for weeks (case in point, "Collide" premiered on BBC Radio 1 in July but was released in September and "Run" took its time waiting for a singles release despite owning British airwaves for almost a full year).

In summary, nothing to worry about. It's how she rolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom