• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Paul Epworth is a great producer.

I am expecting this track to be great.

But are we ready for SNL 2.0 on a bigger stage

the good sis better practice
ibhOlSWkAuVpR5.gif

She was relatively decent on American Idol, no? I can't imagine the VMA audience being much larger, but I guess it could still be nerve-wracking because of all the celebrities in the audience.

ediT: Oh, I'm watching the Idol performance again...oh dear...

Nemesis_

She has performed to at least four different dates in the last few months in Australia to RAVE REVIEWS.

She must have got better, but then again I do hear she has CAREFULLY CHOSEN her setlist this time around as well. So she is more and more aware of what she can and can't do.

im late to the popgaf olympics but i want to congratulate the heavenly queen goddess beyonce on her silver medal. nice to see there are so many bey fans in this thread.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Not sure if its true or not unless some of you buy the Lana Vogue copy

“It’s always exciting when you get a new record goin’. There’s this song I did with Paul Epworth, it’s called “Blue Morning”, and it’s inspired by The Doors. It’s more rock and upbeat than anything I’ve ever done. I’m really proud of it. Just yesterday I’ve found out that I’ll be performing on MTV awards (in September), and we’re planning to launch it there. So yeah, it’s exciting.”

ibhOlSWkAuVpR5.gif

OMG. This is exactly what I said she needed to get a little more exposure in the US. Can't wait tbh

Edit: I think this is fake
iKt3n2S3KFYrk.gif

Bladenic

I might be stanning Beyonce tbh. Countdown, End of Time, Party, and Love on Top are too good. Shame about her stealing tendencies though.

Christopher

Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" maintains its perch atop the Billboard Hot 100 for a ninth week, passing the chart's prior champ, Gotye's "Somebody That I Used to Know" (eight) for most frames atop the chart in 2012. With a combined 17 weeks at No. 1, the two most recent No. 1 songs hold the longest stint among back-to-back chart-toppers since The Black Eyed Peas spent a cumulative 26 weeks at No. 1 with "Boom Boom Pow" and "I Gotta Feeling" in 2009.

As announced yesterday, Jepsen will release her debut album, "Kiss," on September 18. Besides housing the omnipotent "Maybe," the set also contains her Owl City collaboration "Good Time," which continues to gain points, but is pushed down 13-14 on the Hot 100.

Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Kiss' Album Due Sept. 18

Gotye's former No. 1 holds at No. 6 on the Hot 100 and becomes the first track to surpass 6 million download sales (6.046 million) in the 2012 calendar year. Jepsen's "Maybe," meanwhile, surpasses 5 million downloads (5.019 million) and stands at No. 3 among sellers for the year. Sandwiched in between is "We Are Young" by fun. featuring Janelle Monae (5.381 million).

The blindingly successful "Lights" by Ellie Goulding continues to barrel up the chart track, motoring 5-2. The track, which returns to No. 1 on On-Demand Songs, jumps 5-4 on Radio Songs (up 5% in audience impressions) and slips 7-8 on Digital Songs (120,000, down 2%), could very well illuminate the top of the Hot 100 next week.

In contention for Hot 100 chart supremacy with "Lights" is the equally sensory-inducing "Whistle" by Flo Rida which moves 4-3 while abdicating the No. 1 slot on Digital Songs (1-2) with 222,000 (down 6%). The song remains just outside the top 10 of Radio Songs (13-12, up 13%).

Phillip Phillips becomes the first American Idol winner since David Cook in 2008 to post the week's top selling song in his or her coronation year as the rejuvenated "Home"- featured as NBC's theme to women's gymnastics coverage during the Summer Olympics - hightails it 47-1 on Digital Songs with 228,000 downloads (up 472%).

"Home" also races to a new Billboard Hot 100 peak 84-9 with Digital Gainer accolades. It's the largest jump into the top 10 since "Make Me Proud" by Drake featuring Nicki Minaj soared 97-9 on the chart dated Nov. 5, 2011.

"Home" debuted with a higher sales figure (278,000) on the June 9 charts (No. 2 on Digital Songs and No. 10 on the Hot 100) following Phillips' performance of the song on the May 23 Idol finale, but was held out of the top sales slot by Jepsen's "Maybe" (301,000).

Elsewhere in the Hot 100 top 10, Katy Perry's "Wide Awake" stumbles 2-4, though the track reaches a new peak on Radio Songs (3-2 with 116.6 million audience impressions).

Maroon 5 slips out of the top three for the first time in its chart run with "Payphone" (3-5). The song debuted at No. 3 on the May 5 chart and spent the subsequent 15 weeks among the top three, peaking at No. 2. The band's follow-up "One More Night" surges 54-30 with Airplay Gainer honors (up 50% in audience impressions).

Rihanna's "Where Have You Been" and "Titanium" by David Guetta featuring Sia remain stationary at No. 7 and No. 8, respectively.

P!nk places at No. 10 for a third straight week with "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)." The title lifts 11-10 on Radio Songs for her 13th top 10 on that tally.

Check Billboard.com tomorrow (Aug. 9), when all rankings, including the Hot 100 and On-Demand Songs in their entirety and Digital Songs and Radio Songs, will be refreshed, as they are each Thursday.
Read more at http://www.billboard.com/news/carly...-hot-100-1007780552.story#0yeLjwFI6hohOmYh.99

1. Call Me Maybe
  2. Lights
  3. The Whistle Song
  4. Wide Awake
  5. Payphone
  6. Someone Who I Use To Know
  7. Where Have You Been
  8. Titanium
  9. Home
  10. Blow Me One Last Kiss

Elles coming for that wig

In HYPE news, David Guetta was asked to talk about Lady Gaga, and it seems the man STANS for ARTPOP.

david-guetta-bbc-radio-1s-hackney-weekend_3961671.jpg

Superstar Dj David Guetta regrets not working with Lady Gaga on her Born This Way album because he felt the tracks were "very disappointing" as a result.
The house music producer jetted to Los Angeles in 2009 to meet the Poker Face star and discuss the possibility of collaborating on the 2011 record, but the plan ultimately fell through.
Guetta admits he wasn't impressed with Gaga's sophomore effort, but he is confident fans will love her forthcoming release.
When asked if he regrets missing the chance to work with Gaga, he says, "Yeah, because I think we could have done something amazing on her last record, Born This Way. And her last record was to me very disappointing. She's an amazing artist, and she deserves to be always looking ahead, like she did with her first album (LOL).".
"But actually I know for a fact - because I know who she's working with now - that the next album is going to be absolutely crazy. He's someone really good, a young kid."

I think he has a lot of faith in Zedd, who's the new face on team Gaga. Though as long as he's creating tracks like "Turn Me On," I won't put much capital in what he thinks about an obscenely better record. <_<

Source: http://www.contactmusic.com/news/david-guetta-disappointed-by-lady-gagas-born-this-way_1386238

O5a2E.jpg

Guys help me, who is that. I know this is from one of the Flava Of Love eps where the girls' moms had to come, but I can't for the life of me remember which girl's mom this is. I'm literally going to die if I don't figure this out

royalan

O5a2E.jpg

Guys help me, who is that. I know this is from one of the Flava Of Love eps where the girls' moms had to come, but I can't for the life of me remember which girl's mom this is. I'm literally going to die if I don't figure this out

New York's mother. Sister Patterson.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
In HYPE news, David Guetta was asked to talk about Lady Gaga, and it seems the man STANS for ARTPOP.

david-guetta-bbc-radio-1s-hackney-weekend_3961671.jpg

I think he has a lot of faith in Zedd, who's the new face on team Gaga. Though as long as he's creating tracks like "Turn Me On," I won't put much capital in what he thinks about an obscenely better record. <_<

Source: http://www.contactmusic.com/news/david-guetta-disappointed-by-lady-gagas-born-this-way_1386238

The only good track he has created is Titanium so his opinion is Scheisse
but I am glad he dissed BTW that way Gaga wont ever work with him

ARTPOP will RISE with or without his approval
iegFnfUQcEgUm.gif

Bladenic

David Guetta spilled nothing but true tea in that interview.

Oh and so happy Lights might get that #1. Well deserved. Poor Katy though lol Wide awake getting cockblocked.

Mau ®

1. Call Me Maybe
  2. Lights
  3. The Whistle Song
  4. Wide Awake
  5. Payphone
  6. Someone Who I Use To Know
  7. Where Have You Been
  8. Titanium
  9. Home
  10. Blow Me One Last Kiss

Elles coming for that wig

I told you guys Call Me Maybe would get another week at #1.

Though is its final week at #1 tbh. I dont wanna scare you guys but Katy is probably coming for that #1 next week.

Kyon

Banned
The only good track he has created is Titanium so his opinion is Scheisse
but I am glad he dissed BTW that way Gaga wont ever work with him

ARTPOP will RISE with or without his approval
iegFnfUQcEgUm.gif

I never gave two shits about the Olympics or really watched much. But this boy gives me the biggest hard on LMFAO

Koodo

Banned
How embarrassing for the USA if Lights tops the Hot 100. Talk about being literally stuck in the PAST.

#gaymarriage #universalhealthcare

Christopher

I told you guys Call Me Maybe would get another week at #1.

Though is its final week at #1 tbh. I dont wanna scare you guys but Katy is probably coming for that #1 next week.

She's descending ITZ how is she going to shoot from 4 to 1. Whistle seems to be gunning for that number one or Lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom