• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm pretty sure they relinquish that limelight themselves when they hosted the parade of flops yesterday and had TTT as their #1 album

embarrassing just doesnt cut it
i1LC9foYLrbD9.gif

'Parade of flops' isn't a nice way to refer to the parade of flags, FlatAss_.

DMeisterJ

Banned
The DIRE SITUATION the NAVY finds itself in when they start using the same material XTINCTA fans do.

i1LC9foYLrbD9.gif

The difference between the periods and the #NAVY is that Rihanna has actually had a ton of success recently, and is only dragged because the respondents are pressed, while Xtina gets dragged because she's a basic flop of epic proportions. A Keri Hilson-esque flop, if you will

i1LC9foYLrbD9.gif

Nemesis_

The difference between the periods and the #NAVY is that Rihanna has actually had a ton of success recently, and is only dragged because the respondents are pressed, while Xtina gets dragged because she's a basic flop of epic proportions. A Keri Hilson-esque flop, if you will

i1LC9foYLrbD9.gif

I won't argue with that but be PREPARED for the RUSH OF BLOOD is COMING.

i1LC9foYLrbD9.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Thats what it seemed to me when you have Jessie J and Taio Cruz parading around

i1LC9foYLrbD9.gif

I'm not gonna lie, it was a completely flopulous event, but did you leave the room when the Spice Girls were shitting on everyone and everything you've ever called a fave or something?

Majmun

Artemisia was banned???

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???

Hope you'll be back soon
ipc7igqJKwfml.gif

royalan

I'm not gonna lie, it was a completely flopulous event, but did you leave the room when the Spice Girls were shitting on everyone and everything you've ever called a fave or something?

The Spice Girls were great, but Annie Lennox collected their wigs along with the wigs of the rest of the stadium, tbh...

iiWwCe8cMnYZ4.gif

JCX

I found this Vanity Fair interview with Janelle Monae and learned that her new album is called "Electric Lady". I know that was a leaked track, didn't know it was the title.

#ElectricLady2012WorldDomination

Bladenic

I found this Vanity Fair interview with Janelle Monae and learned that her new album is called "Electric Lady". I know that was a leaked track, didn't know it was the title.

If by world domination you mean everybody in the world will continue to NOT know who she is then yes, I agree.

Majmun

Yeah, Artemisia posted that a few pages back and I'm still on a meltdown.

The song sounds great too. There's only a live version of it out though.

If by world domination you mean everybody in the world will continue to NOT know who she is then yes, I agree.

Janelle shade is not allowed TBH

ib11oxaHsXQQjJ.gif

Bladenic

Dominating the world of GOOD TASTE.

I mean it's not like she has any competition for the rest of the year on that front.

Dont try to change the meaning, world domination obviously implies it will sell. It won't. I ain't even shading either. Just serving some truth tea.

Trigger

Don't misunderstand me, I love Janelle as much as the next person. For most of the world though, she's just the girl who sings on that one Fun song.

Bladenic

Don't misunderstand me, I love Janelle as much as the next person. For most of the world though, she's just the girl who sings on that one Fun song.

Except most people don't even know that since she's barely in the track. Lol poor Dat she tried tho.

Nemesis_

I need more MUSE in my life.

Are they POP?

I DONT CARE

tumblr_m63531bnxy1qeatfeo1_250.gif

G'nite PopGAF

Speaking of Kimbra, whatever happened to Nem's reviews. Did suffering through Roman Reloaded kill your drive Nem?

I had a bit of a break since it's such a long album and I've had a lot on my plate with work / uni / second job work so I will be back on the horse, hopefully tomorrow :)

They are coming, don't you worry!

Nemesis_

They are so amazing live, seeing them perform their
shit
song at the Olympics makes me want to buy tickets and go to London to see them at The O2.

Or do the logical thing and wait and attend multiple dates when they come here again ;_;

royalan

Agreed.

Oh, and can I just add:

I like Janelle as much as the next 50 people who knows who she is, but If homegirl does another album that's Funk one minute, Space Opera the next minute, Acoustic the minute after that, and Neo Soul the minute after everyone stops caring then she's DOA.

I like Janelle but at this point she's the DEFINITION of an artist who needs to fucking EVOLVE already.

And not just her music - I'm sick of that damn tux, I'm sick of those damn shoes, I'm sick of that damn afro pompadour, and I'm sick of that damn shuffle-step.

None of it's working sweetie. TIME TO SWITCH IT UP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom