• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Yes, Leona educate them.

have you guys ever read a book before? if so, how was it?

JKje3.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

Let me tell you something, I once 'read' this book called The Catcher in the Rye
no idea what was going on, too many big words and paragraphs that did the
absolute MOST

dont know who this J. D. Salinger is (probably some flop), but it needs to be less PRETENTIOUS
and take notes from J.K Rowling, she at least slays the charts
ibznhE3Qb3IuDt.gif

Peru

Reading Middlemarch right now. Along with JM Coetzee I'd put George Eliot as my favorite author.

As I was writing that I wondered who had randomly asked the question.. then remembered that you're that indefensible shithead who should've been banned permanently many posts ago.

Koodo

Banned
Naughty Boy (who just unleashed some orgasmic fire with Emeli Sande) produced the track, and Ms. Sande wrote it. Critics have described it as a "stunning trip-hop masterpiece" with a "spectral vocal" and "blooming huge" chart potential, and now there's rumors it will premiere THIS FRIDAY.
I'm looking forward to every potential scenario attached to this song.

i0QNqD9MZlVVF.gif

B-Dex

New page, new news:

SLAYONA will slay all your faves this fall. And this summer as well with her lead single "Trouble" from Glassheart.

rkRbo.png

#glassheart2012worlddomination #quietbeforethestorm #troubleahead

Naughty Boy (who just unleashed some orgasmic fire with Emeli Sande) produced the track, and Ms. Sande wrote it. Critics have described it as a "stunning trip-hop masterpiece" with a "spectral vocal" and "blooming huge" chart potential, and now there's rumors it will premiere THIS FRIDAY.

SHE'S COMING FOR WIGS. That is all.

Keep it cute and flop-free, gerls.

iP8OsUCoNaJvB.gif

emospidey.gif

Trigger

inyG4Rzeqz0dj.gif

In the months that I've been a part of POP-GAF, I've never seen anyone try to troll us. Fascinating.

EDIT- How FORTUNATE for Carly to finally let someone else see the view from the top. CMM had an amazing, one could say life-CHANGING, run.

Majmun

I love reading books. Finished the Songs of Ice and Fire books in two months.
Damn, what a good read. Can't wait to read the next book in 2027
iDzhMSGCPVDNb.gif

Peru

I would have been totally confident in Taylor's new single and album campaign if she was the only one responsible. I'm not as confident in her friends, and hope none of them clutter up the tracklist, or the credits, but signs point to more collabs.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
YASSSS Marius and I are on the same stanning page. This is a historic moment, baboons!!!

now hold up, I am not fully there yet. I am just wanting new music

But I do stan for Love Story, Crazier, and You Belong With Me
and if this song is something like those I will stan but till then
I am just anticipating
ibxW5nBfL0hSoA.gif

I would have been totally confident in Taylor's new single and album campaign if she was the only one responsible. I'm not as confident in her friends, and hope none of them clutter up the tracklist, or the credits, but signs point to more collabs.
Speak Now was written entirely by her, right? That's really impressive if so; I think I liked it more than Fearless.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Thats cute hun but On Demand and Radio are two different things. Radio accounts for 45% of the HOT 100 and On Demad streaming is like 20% I think.

Lights will NEVER reach #1 tho. Call Me Maybe was #1 for 9 weeks. Ellie did try tho.

Well, Ellie has posted twice on Facebook that she has the number 1 "radio song" in the US right now. Don't know where or how she got her info so whatever.

inyG4Rzeqz0dj.gif

And Lights is #2 on the HOT 100 right now. You never know.

royalan

Okay PopGAF, it's time for a rare round of Educate Roy.

1) What does "bb" mean? BB are actually my initials and "Bee-Bee" is a nickname of mine irl used by family and close friends, so I'm always freaked when someone uses that on me online.

2) I need a paragraph on why Emili Sande is being pushed as a big deal.

Thanks in advance.

Koodo

Banned
I would check for Squints if she had more songs like Safe & Sound. Not here for her usual teenage diary novela tunes.

i0QNqD9MZlVVF.gif

Mau ®

now hold up, I am not fully there yet. I am just wanting new music

But I do stan for Love Story, Crazier, and You Belong With Me
and if this song is something like those I will stan but till then
I am just anticipating

We could've had a moment, you & i...

ibxW5nBfL0hSoA.gif

Well, Ellie has posted twice on Facebook that she has the number 1 "radio song" in the US right now. Don't know where or how she got her info so whatever.

And Lights is #2 on the HOT 100 right now. You never know.

Katy's Wide Awake is the #1 song on radio right now. HOWEVER Ellie is not far behind her.

1. KATY PERRY - Wide Awake: 164.929 (+ 0.413)
2. ELLIE GOULDING - Lights: 161.008 (+ 0.811)
3. MAROON 5 - Payphone f/Wiz Khalifa: 152.413 (- 2.874)
4. RIHANNA - Where Have You Been: 141.950 (- 0.714)
5. CARLY RAE JEPSEN - Call Me Maybe: 125.584 (- 2.135)

The problem is Ellie is a non-presence on the TOP 10 on iTunes and the digital format accunts to 35% of the charting. With Flo Rida selling over 200k digital copies, it will be hard for Ellie to really get a #1 on the Hot 100.

royalan

We could've had a moment, you & i...

ibxW5nBfL0hSoA.gif

Katy's Wide Awake is the #1 song on radio right now. HOWEVER Ellie is not far behind her.

1. KATY PERRY - Wide Awake: 164.929 (+ 0.413)
2. ELLIE GOULDING - Lights: 161.008 (+ 0.811)
3. MAROON 5 - Payphone f/Wiz Khalifa: 152.413 (- 2.874)
4. RIHANNA - Where Have You Been: 141.950 (- 0.714)
5. CARLY RAE JEPSEN - Call Me Maybe: 125.584 (- 2.135)

The problem is Ellie is a non-presence on the TOP 10 on iTunes and the digital format accunts to 35% of the charting. With Flo Rida selling over 200k digital copies, it will be hard for Ellie to really get a #1 on the Hot 100.

How's No Doubt doing? ;_;

Icicle

Gurls, are you ready for tomorrow?

Ready your gifs, songs, and hawt pics...

August 14th 2012 is BRANDAY

tumblr_m6hm04E91L1qilxguo1_500.gif

Shady heauxs...
tumblr_m4xdxcAusZ1qctrffo1_500.gif

Go home.

It's a day to celebrate how the young Brandy
tumblr_m4sstpnrja1r2o88qo1_400.gif

Grew up to be THE Queen B

Peru

"Safe & Sound" was basically Taylor going "Yeah, I could outdo anyone in the wistful indie game if I wanted to", but ultimately she's made for more original stuff.

Mau ®

How's No Doubt doing? ;_;

NO DOUBT - Settle Down: 43.916 (+ 0.479)

And its currently #70 on itunes. Not too shabby but they need to start promo. I never saw Settle Down becoming a big hit anyway but its been holding steady tbh. Its somewhat of a slow burner.

I do think they should release a second single before the album. Something more traditional. (not to be confused with generic or boring)

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I bring some tea

The coaches know they haven’t found a Kelly Clarkson yet; they don’t think it’s that important. It’s no secret we can barely remember who won either season of The Voice (or The X Factor, for that matter), but Adam said it was unrealistic to expect them to produce a star every time out. “There are a lot of elements that need to magically fall in to place in order for that to happen … we can’t micromanage everything that happens after they’re on the show,” he said. “We would love to see a star born out of this show, we’re positive it will happen, but we’re not hinging the validity or relevance of this show on that because that’s just ridiculous.”

Christina doesn’t think you need to worry about Britney. “I welcome her to this family of fun and entertainment and finding new talent,” she said when asked about her fellow former Mouseketeer joining Simon Cowell’s The X Factor. “Britney is a pro. I don’t know what she’s going to offer specifically herself as a coach, but I know she’s a pro, and she’s gonna give, I think, great advice.”

Adam’s glad he could pave the way for you, too, Mariah. “When I see other people gravitating toward [doing a music competition show] or deciding it would be a good idea for them, really accomplished people, I wear it as a badge of pride. We made this cool.”

It doesn’t sound like Christina will be back for the spring edition of The Voice. Why? She’s getting ready to release a new single, titled “Your Body,” from her upcoming album, and when asked if she’d be returning, she practically said “I’m outta here!”: “We’re not speaking about anybody going or leaving or the details of that,” she began, “but I just know I can only be great as a coach if I keep on re-inspiring myself, if I keep going out, making albums, recording, and gaining new stories and experiences from the road so I can share with my team.” Cee Lo, on the other hand, acted as though he’d love nothing more than to stick around in the swivel chair (!!!). “I won’t be touring. I want to keep doing the show,” he said.

“Your Body” has Adam’s seal of approval. “I heard that song and I hate you because it’s so good,” he told Christina.
http://www.vulture.com/2012/08/chri...pears-the-voice-junket.html?mid=twitter_nymag

ibbVYRx3jiwrQT.gif

IM AM SO EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE ...
THAT TOMORROW I WILL RELEASE A "TRAILER" for my fragrance campaign Shot and Directed By Steven Klein. ...Excited?

irvZ45fSKJbzh.gif

Koodo

Banned
The Noise retaining the absurd length of the battle rounds and extending it with knockout rounds. How evident that this show is by NBC.

i9GrSeTdo80qy.gif

royalan

I love Xtina interviews. She's always so put-together. *.*

The Noise retaining the absurd length of the battle rounds and extending it with knockout rounds. How evident that this show is by NBC.

i9GrSeTdo80qy.gif

...you're shitting me. Where'd you hear that?

Koodo

Banned
...you're shitting me. Where'd you hear that?
Coaches will now be able to steal contestants from one another. To “reignite the energy of the chair” during the battle rounds, producers have added more button pushing! Coaches will be able to twice rescue a losing battle round contestant from another’s reject pile. In a clip NBC previewed for reporters, Adam, Christina, and Blake all hit their buttons to jockey for the singer Green chose not to move forward.

… but some contestants won’t be worth saving. So, ouch, some will be rejected twice.

Knockout round is just a fancy way of saying “More solos!” After the battle rounds, coaches will again pair their remaining contestants to sing for their lives — only this time they’ll sing solos back to back. (And only after the blind auditions and battle knockout rounds will we get to the live shows. Get ready for the longest season of The Voice yet, America.)

i9GrSeTdo80qy.gif

dfkjgbkjdfgbkjdfggf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom