• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Page, New Lana news:

-Rick Nowels (worked on Summertime Sadness, Dark Paradies, Lucky Ones) produced Body Electric and Will You Still Love Me.
-New song called Because of You. It's produced by Sacha Skarbek who produced Without You. (OMG, yes. Loved Without You. I hope it is as catchy)
- Another new song, Burning Desire, was produced by Justin Parker (helped write Born To Die, Video Games, National Anthem, Radio, and Carmen).

Oh, and, for those who don't know, the video for Lana's cover of the song Blue Velvet (for the H&M campaign) will be released September 19.

Are we worthy to hear new Lana music. No we are not, but, nevertheless, we will all be slayed by it come November.

iiktGYZDzgzkb.gif

Ugh, it took forever to get to a new page -____-

So pretty!

SaintZ

New Page, New Lana news:
-New song called Because of You. It's produced by Sacha Skarbek who produced Without You. (OMG, yes. Loved Without You. I hope it is as catchy)
Without You is my favorite song of BTD after Off To The Races. Great info Aguila.
Um is that Janet? LOL
Going by the nose, I'm thinking LaToya lol.

HiResDes

I like it. I like it a lot. Like when Anna Hathaway went slutty. I like slutty looking women almost as much as I like hipster girls.

Christopher

^dat gif lol

We need some news this page is moving slow lately. Christina needs to drag Taylors sell out prepubescent song out of relevance

royalan

Wynter Gordon's new Human Condition: Furor EP is coming soon. She posted a snippet of the lead single TKO on Tumblr.

It's, uh, quite different from the sound heard on Doleo.

WTF. Sounds like Ciara.

iABnvGAjDR34F.gif

I don't know what's wrong with you guys, because that snippet gave me ETERNAL LIFE. Hard-hitting, gritty, almost angry, in-your-face ass twerking club bait
and Ciara wishes she could...;___;

I also thought that all of her EPs were going to have a similar sound to Doleo, but it seems that she wasn't AT ALL exaggerating about experimenting with her full artistic range over the course of this project's 4 EPs.

I am genuinely excited about this new creative energy from Miss Wynter. Doleo was an amazingly put-together effort for a free EP (and pretty much shits on most EPs released in the last few years as far as polished free music goes), so I'm going to trust her vision for this next one. I've gone from not knowing who this chick was apart from any other Dance singer to respecting her as an artist.

LuuKyK

This might be relevant to this thread. Happened today on The X Factor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjQwLOA-hBs&feature=channel&list=UL

The fun starts at 5:25 though.

lol

So many funny things. That girl trying to cover Pink. Nicole Flopzinger saying "No baby no, no baby no" (someone have to gif that) totally out of context (why did she say that seriously). Than she throws the mic at the judges. Than the girl swearing at her and the face she makes is lol too. The girl goes crazy and start destroying the stage. wtf was that

Kyon

Banned
oyhkjugojkblkbjjkhgouhgiuhblkjnbpiubhpiuboiyubouyvbiyuhgvkhjbgv kgtvygti358ubucxfc jki'ph'hypifytdkubyliubgliyuvfiyrvkuhyvkuvyliygfoluh;oiu8hbukiyvluyblyvlyluyvouyv

@

No baby NO

GIF EVERYTHING!

THIS WEEK IN POP.
(August 19, 2012)

Swedish House Mafia - 'Don't You Worry Child'. Apparently this is their final single before breaking up. #sadness #crie #actuallyiamsortofambivalent

Taylor Swift - 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'. Lead single from the new album Red. I'm sure we have all been thoroughly exposed to this song already. It sounds sort of like early Avril Lavigne to me...I guess that could be a compliment or an insult depending on how you look at it. How complicated.

Kelly Clarkson - 'Get Up'. Kind of basic for a Kelly Clarkson anthem, but it's still a Kelly Clarkson anthem so you know it's catchy as hell.

Alphabeat - 'Love Sea'. Alphabeat really are the masters of feel-good pop, and this song does nothing to prove otherwise. I kind of hear traces of Whitney's 'How Will I Know' in this song.

Kate Bush - 'Running Up That Hill (2012 Remix)'. – This rerecording is possibly the most exciting thing to come out the Olympics. It’s not an extreme departure from the iconic original- just a classy reworking with her more mature vocals.

Naughty Boy - 'Wonder (feat. Emeli Sandé)'. From Naughty Boy's upcoming concept album Hotel Cabana. Super cute song, tbh. Thanks to Leona for posting about it.

Nelly Furtado - 'Parking Lot'. Produced by Darkchild. Well...I suppose it's better than 'Big Hoops'. This actually might be the worst thing ever.
iD33WWtgiHV9e.gif

Cassie- 'Balcony'. From her soon-to-be released mixtape, Rock-A-Bye Baby.

Jessie Ware- Devotion.
#aWARE

--------------------

Adele thanks you for reading.

iCmNIedetWsxV.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom