• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clive publicly stated that Leona writing almost 80% of the tracks from Echo caused it to sell worse than the confused, bloated producer swarm that was Spirit.

Dat bolded. What kind of libelous nonsense, I can't believe he'd say something like that in public. Jackass.

He also said that Glassheart was delayed so that Leona could record new material with these producers. Leona wouldn't have it, but appeased Clive by taking on Fraser T. Smith ("Set Fire to the Rain") as executive producer of the album.

The lead single is still "Trouble" and the final album credits reveals only a single U.S. writer (Bonnie McKee), so even Ryan Tedder is out. "Trouble" was ready over a year ago, so obviously Clive can't be too happy he didn't get his will.i.am garbage all over the airwaves. And most importantly, Leona has written or co-written EVERY track on the album, a big F-U to Clive if I've ever seen one.

Gerl is quiet and reserved, but she's Hackney-tough <3

leona-d8best.jpg
I appreciate Clive Davis' role in the industry but he can be a shady mess at times. He publicly mocked Kelly's Because of You and she had to get lawyers involved for it to be included on Breakaway and released as a single. Then after it slayed the charts, Clive took credit for its success on an episode of Idol. A MESS.

Mau ®

TOP 20

1. ELLIE GOULDING - Lights: 161.568 (- 1.220)
2. KATY PERRY - Wide Awake: 157.637 (- 1.235)
3. MAROON 5 - Payphone f/Wiz Khalifa: 134.583 (- 1.539)
4. RIHANNA - Where Have You Been: 120.682 (- 0.950)
5. GOTYE - Somebody That I Used To Know: 109.165 (- 0.966)
6. DAVID GUETTA - Titanium f/Sia: 108.426 (+ 0.587)
7. CARLY RAE JEPSEN - Call Me Maybe: 104.642 (- 2.079)
8. DEMI LOVATO - Give Your Heart A Break: 103.811 (+ 1.655)
9. PINK - Blow Me (One Last Kiss): 102.702 (+ 1.683)
10. FLO RIDA - Whistle: 101.292 (+ 1.455)
11. CALVIN HARRIS - Let's Go f/Ne-Yo: 98.508 (- 0.956)
12. NEON TREES - Everybody Talks: 94.985 (+ 1.497)
13. TAYLOR SWIFT - We Are Never Ever Getting...: 77.541 (+ 3.661)BIGGEST UPDATE &#9650;
14. USHER - Scream: 72.761 (- 3.096) &#9660;
15. KANYE WEST - Mercy f/Big Sean/Pusha T...: 65.232 (+ 0.061)
16. OWL CITY & CARLY RAE JEPSEN - Good Time: 63.873 (+ 1.494) &#9650;
17. FUN. - Some Nights: 63.769 (+ 0.984)
18. BLAKE SHELTON - Over: 63.044 (+ 0.089) &#9660;
19. JUSTIN BIEBER - As Long As You Love Me: 62.655 (+ 0.983) &#9650;
20. LITTLE BIG TOWN - Pontoon: 60.235 (+ 0.660) &#9650;

OUTRAS

2 CHAINZ - No Lie f/Drake: 60.181 (+ 0.613)
ONE DIRECTION - What Makes You Beautiful: 59.188 (- 0.413)
CHER LLOYD - Want U Back: 56.365 (+ 0.320)
MAROON 5 - One More Night: 55.962 (+ 1.975)
ALEX CLARE - Too Close: 52.142 (+ 0.591)
NICKI MINAJ - Pound The Alarm: 50.926 (+ 0.498)
HUNTER HAYES - Wanted: 47.734 (+ 0.576)
NO DOUBT - Settle Down: 43.854 (- 0.444)
JASON MRAZ - I Won't Give Up: 43.150 (+ 0.579)
JASON ALDEAN - Take A Little Ride: 39.801 (+ 1.282)
CHRIS BROWN - Don't Wake Me Up: 38.024 (+ 0.988)
CARRIE UNDERWOOD - Blown Away: 32.258 (+ 0.650)
MATCHBOX TWENTY - She's So Mean: 27.097 (+ 0.036)
TRAIN - 50 Ways To Say Goodbye: 23.699 (+ 0.538)
GREEN DAY - Oh Love: 18.619 (+ 0.010)
PHILLIP PHILLIPS - Home: 17.316 (+ 0.416)
KARMIN - Hello: 10.071 (+ 1.134)
MUMFORD & SONS - I Will Wait: 9.982 (+ 0.073)
KILLERS - Runaways: 8.187 (- 0.154)
MUSE - Madness: 5.627 (+ 1.271)
MARIAH CAREY - Triumphant (Get 'Em) f/R. Ross: 4.965 (+ 0.366)

ITZ's notes

+ This fall season is moving slower than usual with 7 out of the 10 songs on the top ten dropping out fast but the other songs gaining only moderately. September is the ideal month for fall releases so things will pick up soon.

+ Demi Lovato's Give Your Heart a Break is the surprise hit of the fall season. The song was released in the spring but it held on all these months.

+ Taylor Swift has a very strong possibility of being #1 next week on the HOT 100 given her strong airplay performance and her itunes lead over the rest of the lesser beings.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
She needs to promote somewhere. Her radio performance is great but her digital sales are not up there yet (usually hovering on the 30's on itunes). Maybe she could perform on X-Factor soon?

Nah, I think the song served its purpose of getting her name out there before X-factor starts and its already begun to fall on the Hot 100.
She should release new material before the show ends tho

ibeK9nciuMkyBg.gif

Zutroy

Started listening to it now. Will give my verdict soon, although I have gone into this album thinking that she is the British Rihanna (not that it's a bad thing).

Verdict after first listen.

Album is pretty good. The three singles she's released from it are probably the best from it, so you can use them as judgement whether you'd like it or not.

My favourite outside her singles is probably 'Hello, Hi, Goodbye'. It's pretty mellow and reminds me a bit of Agnes.

Overall if your a fan of her singles, buy it, you'll enjoy it. If your not that fussed about her it's still worth a listen whenever it's available on Spotify.

Also she's hot!

tumblr_m90vuz1yOr1rv8fmi.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Took me like 5 minutes. Basically what's left of Demon Lehewto's career

ibpVdv2yCThfBu.gif

its funny how you never come for my trump card

its always Demi, Nicki, or Ke$ha with yall
its what I miss about the little hags tho, they would seriously actually come for her
and not hold back

But I dont blame the Beyhive for not coming for Gaga tho, after all
she gave Beyonce her biggest hit
ibxd5MJmNwozqm.gif

Album is pretty good. The three singles she's released from it are probably the best from it, so you can use them as judgement whether you'd like it or not.

My favourite outside her singles is probably 'Hello, Hi, Goodbye'. It's pretty mellow and reminds me a bit of Agnes.

Overall if your a fan of her singles, buy it, you'll enjoy it. If your not that fussed about her it's still worth a listen whenever it's available on Spotify.

Also she's hot!

tumblr_m90vuz1yOr1rv8fmi.gif
I like this 'Radioactive' song

also, she looks like a cross between Rihanna and Gwen Stefani in that gif, cannot unsee

Majmun

its funny how you never come for my trump card

its always Demi, Nicki, or Ke$ha with yall
its what I miss about the little hags tho, they would seriously actually come for her
and not hold back

But I dont blame the Beyhive for not coming for Gaga tho, after all
she gave Beyonce her biggest hit

You're talking about Britney's scrap Telephone? The one that is made better thanks to Beyonce?

That's basically Gaga's best song also.
ibpVdv2yCThfBu.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
You're talking about Britney's scrap Telephone? The one that is made better thanks to Beyonce?

ibpVdv2yCThfBu.gif

a very opinionated post tbh, but Gaga's best selling song is Poker Face
while Beyonce best selling song is Telephone

ibpVdv2yCThfBu.gif

Bladenic

ibpVdv2yCThfBu.gif

Second no.. just no.

Beyonce contributes almost NOTHING to Telephone. She has like, 3 lines in the whole song. Obvs that's exagerrated but whatever, she does almost nothing. Telephone was a big hit and is one Gaga's best, but in no way is that due to Beyonce.

You tried tho

iVFTCm8I5lY7h.gif

Also marius u know i kid with u. We both Ke$hallah stan we must band together to educate the lessors. Speaking of ha tho, when is that damn song coming out?

Your Demo stanning and now a versus 13 avatar tho...

Majmun

Also she's hot!

Yep, it has definitely grown on me. But I'm afraid it's going to be a very forgettable record.

But she has a lot of potential.

Majmun

As you can see there are 2 list on that wiki
no one knows how many physical singles Telephone has sold

Crazy in Love is also listed in one list.
No digital sales present.
Maybe it has outsold all of Gaga's singles.

COMBINED

Guess we'll never know
ibpVdv2yCThfBu.gif

Delio

l1axO.jpg

One Direction's quest for world domination has taken another step forward after their new single was named the fastest selling pre-order single in history.

As previously reported, the British boyband announced yesterday (August 23) the release of 'Live While We're Young', which is due to be unveiled on September 30.

Whilst the single's full release is over a month away, fans have been pre-ordering the song in their droves on iTunes, with the song hitting No.1 in 40 countries around the globe.

They topped the charts in countries such as Australia and Singapore - as well as their home turf, the UK.

'Live While We're Young' will feature on One Direction's forthcoming new album, which is due to be released in November.

Oh look who is out breaking yet another record.

tumblr_m98paiiVRv1rdhjc1o1_250.gif

tumblr_m99x7saaUW1r7lx6go9_250.gif

tumblr_m98ponjZ3T1rdhjc1o1_500.gif

COMING FOR THEM CHARTS AGAIN (I do hope this single is good though. Hope Ed sheeran added a new twist to their sound.)

Majmun

They're going to release a new album in november this year???
Their current album was released SIX MONTHS AGO...wtf

Guess the label has to milk 'em before it's all over.
I smell a break up tbh. Smells good
i5UXgl2VRKEkT.gif

i5UXgl2VRKEkT.gif
One Direction is like Aunt Jemima blueberry waffles, and everyone involved must know this. They have NO HEAT RETENTION.

As per my prediction tea:

CrystalBall-1-web.gif

By this time next year, One Direction will have already proven what hindsight, common sense, and a decade of musical trends make plainly obvious: 15 seconds is fairly generous for boy bands nowadays. Delio's tears will repopulate the water supplies of numerous third-world countries.
The current tweens will grow up, and the tweens-to-be will have some younger, tighter jailbait twinks to lust after.

tumblr_m8ndsdx9FR1qc2ptg.gif

Delio

i5UXgl2VRKEkT.gif

Might as well push em now. Yes a break up so you can go back to fighting over the select few female artists you girls cackle over is doing what? I guess that's "fun"

One Direction is like Aunt Jemima blueberry waffles, and everyone involved must know this. They have NO HEAT RETENTION.

CrystalBall-1-web.gif

The current tweens will grow up, and the tweens-to-be will have some younger, tighter jailbait twinks to lust after.

tumblr_m8ndsdx9FR1qc2ptg.gif

What I find interesting is that even if they WERE still around a year from now would you admit to being wrong? Nope you'd just make another prediction and run back to your little hovel. So excuse me if your predictions me little to me.

Majmun

CrystalBall-1-web.gif

Great prophecy.
I couldn't have said it better, Leona. You nail it with each and every word.
Delio will have another meltdown and I will be here for that.
ibg2QIX8M2tHAq.gif

Majmun

Rihanna and Beyonce also were 15/16 years old when they started out. And they're here to stay.

And that's mainly because Bey, Britney, Christina and Rihanna all enjoyed constant international success.

Demon and Miley are only popular in America.

Justin has a chance to remain popular as well. Especially when he finds a way to get rid of his tween imago.

Delio

Great prophecy.
I couldn't have said it better, Leona. You nail it with each and every word.
Delio will have another meltdown and I will be here for that.
ibg2QIX8M2tHAq.gif

Dont worry I wouldn't want to ruin your kingdom of gurls. Lord knows you have enough meltdowns over album sales in here already.

tumblr_m98c5apoWs1r9jhwp.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I think Miley will surprise people tbh.

Her last album flopped and yet she cuts her hair and thats all people talk about
even the Britney stans came for her

now imagine what she can do if she releases some catchy music
miley.gif*

*I need some miley gifs

Edit: dont worry Delio, these people cant see that 1D will remain relevant for years to come

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
My mouse is hovering over the New Thread button

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/idol-worship/american-idol-nicki-minaj-keith-urban-judges-365339

. THR first revealed last Friday that Idol wanted Minaj but the flamboyant rapper's Pepsi sponsorship was irking Idol partner Coke. Those issues have apparently been worked out and Minaj will receive around $8 million to join the show with additional allowances for wardrobe, hair and makeup. Minaj could sign on the dotted line as soon as today or early next week, adds the source.

Keith Urban is also being talked to...

ibdecUgrfstZLX.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom