• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemisia

Banned
everyone in the plug.dj room tonight is the best

satchwar

o7Js2.gif

koodo

o7Js2.gif

crumpet

o7Js2.gif

botty

o7Js2.gif

Peru

Yeah I can say I've made it a point to point out Aaliyah's greatness both for her death 'anniversaries' and her birthdays for the last.. five years or so. S/T best album ever.

I only enjoy the Aaliyah songs produced by Timbaland. The rest of her discography consists of that typical mid to late 90s R&B sound, which I find quite dull.

botty

Banned
ccd10a8e.gif
iVnU1fKiPVIz.gif
ccd10a8e.gif
MAJOR XTINA NEWS
ccd10a8e.gif
iVnU1fKiPVIz.gif
ccd10a8e.gif

Apparently, Christina Aguilera will NOT be working with Linda Perry for her new album.
7732f81d.png

This saddens me since Perry has written Xtina one of her biggest hits (Beautiful), and one of my favorite songs by Xtina (Lift Me Up).

Also, RCA is detailing what some of the early moments of Xtina's new era will encompass:

"The Promo Plan will be similar or better than Stripped Era"

#Ican't

iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif

Xtina is coming to slay, scalp, and snatch.

#fuckyoubotty2012worlddomination

That is all for now~

8BGPK.gif

Is that list legit? Because it reads more like the overly optimistic rantings of a drooling fanboy than some official label directive.

Plus, I thought "Rock Your Body" was a lock :p

botty

Banned
Is that list legit? Because it reads more like the overly optimistic rantings of a drooling fanboy than some official label directive.

Plus, I thought "Rock Your Body" was a lock :p

Well some parts do sound like stanning rather than reporting, but aside from small bits ~"retaining her throne"~ most of it sounds reasonable.

When is "#fuckyourbotty" going to be on iTunes, and when is the video coming out?

I need to stan.

The first or second week of September. The video is coming mid September.

Bladenic

Leona in preparation for Glassheart I been listening to the Collide collection on Spotify. The Alex Gaudino slays me, but the original version and extended slay me even to this day. Too bad about Trouble, but I'm still here for Glassheart.

Icicle

RIP Aaliyah. Your faves' careers would be lucky to even last 5 years, yet Angel Aaliyah is almost certainly more celebrated/praised today than she was 11 years ago. HEW else could become the world's own "Baby Gurl" and remain relevant more than a decade after passing?

We Miss You, Aaliyah.

tumblr_m99v735DBu1qfj59do3_500.gif

Souldriver, this is a non-Timbaland Aaliyah song, but it's amazing. It actually was never released because of an accident that deleted Aaliyah's final vocals for the song, so what you're hearing is actually her demo take, but it's perfect anyway. Such a beautiful duet with Static Major (RIP to him too), it's apparently going to be on this upcoming CD of hers, although it's been finished since before "Aaliyah" was released. The producer of the song excitedly tweeted the news, and basically set into motion the entire mess that has been the details of this posthumous album.

This song is easily one of my absolute favorites from her...if Drake so much as lays a FINGER on it...well, he'll be right up there with his idol.

Steady Ground Feat. Static Major

Leona in preparation for Glassheart I been listening to the Collide collection on Spotify. The Alex Gaudino slays me, but the original version and extended slay me even to this day. Too bad about Trouble, but I'm still here for Glassheart.
The Kashuks Mix for "Trouble" slays me SO HARD

For the party animals this particular single didn't satisfy, Glassheart should nonetheless offer lots to love.

Leona said her favorite songs from the album are two ass-vibrating tracks called "Shake It Up" (a rumored Calvin Harris collaboration from their two recording sessions this past March) and "Fireflies" (a track recorded last year which features an unknown male).

SHE IS COMING FOR WIGS

iblQh9xBnyur8z.gif

B-Dex

For the party animals this particular single didn't satisfy, Glassheart should nonetheless offer lots to love.

Leona said her favorite songs from the album are two ass-vibrating tracks called "Shake It Up" (a rumored Calvin Harris collaboration from their two recording sessions this past March) and "Fireflies" (a track recorded last year which features an unknown male).

SHE IS COMING FOR WIGS

iblQh9xBnyur8z.gif

ibgkP0zWzwcrav.gif

Bladenic

SHE IS COMING FOR WIGS

iblQh9xBnyur8z.gif

Strangely I'm not crazy about that remix. Dunno why. I don't feel the vocals really match the beat. Oh well.

Here for Leona/Calvin though. Bring it.

Indeed POP-GAF. Let me just list the essential Aaliyah songs:

One in a Million
Rock the Boat
Are You That Somebody?
More than a Woman

Bonus:
Four Page Letter

If you haven't listened to her now then be blessed by such classic R&B jams.

Also: I'm excited for more No Doubt. They're like the soundtrack of my childhood.

But, but, but... you forgot my fav!

We Need A Resolution

It's ok, flawless post anyway <3

Leslie and Binkie from Electrik Red were back-up dancers for Aaliyah and worked on 'Rock the Boat' (where Aaliyah died). Fitting since 'How To Be a Lady' is a modern rnb classic challenging the very best since her death http://youtu.be/V1e8uVffVuot

electrik-red-how-to-be-a-lady.jpg

Hmmm I've never heard of these girls!
Gonna check them out soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom