• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
New page, new news (almost).

Goddess Aphrodylie Minogue will release 'The Abbey Road Sessions' on October the 29th.

The-Abbey-Road-Sessions.jpeg

Kylie Minogue will release ‘The Abbey Road Sessions’ album on October 29, it’s been announced.

The more perceptive among you will have noticed the inclusion of the album’s cover, which is above, while the tracklisting is below.

The album was recorded at Abbey Road studio with a full orchestra and apparently Nick Cave re-recorded his vocal for ‘Where The Wild Roses Grow’ especially for the album, which was nice of him.

Here’s a bit we’ve copied and pasted from the press release:

“Other highlights of the album include a wonderfully poignant ‘Better The Devil You Know’, the ever-amazing ‘Confide In Me’, a sultry ‘On A Night Like This’, a joyous ‘All The Lovers’, the beautiful ‘Finer Feelings’ and a version of ‘The Locomotion’ which swaggers with true 1950’s panache.”

Exciting if you like that kind of thing.

List of tracks:

ALL THE LOVERS
ON A NIGHT LIKE THIS
BETTER THE DEVIL YOU KNOW
HAND ON YOUR HEART
I BELIEVE IN YOU
COME INTO MY WORLD
FINER FEELINGS
CONFIDE IN ME
SLOW
THE LOCOMOTION
CAN’T GET YOU OUT OF MY HEAD
WHERE THE WILD ROSES GROW
FLOWER
I SHOULD BE SO LUCKY
LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT
NEVER TOO LATE

http://www.popjustice.com/thenews/kylie-will-release-the-abbey-sessions-album-next-month/99995/

Fitting that a modern day pop legend should follow in the footsteps of 60s pop legends tbh.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Eaux, just give me some good music Gaga. Not here for ARTPOP™-themed "games, fashion updates, and magazines" tbh

Speaking of some good music, Leona's live acoustic set she recorded is being released piecemeal as a lead-up to the album coming October 15. The first in the set ("Trouble") was a DailyM(F)ail exclusive, but since I'd rather castrate myself than link to them, here's a better link.

Love the film noir-ishness
grin.gif

380994_10151224287392619_1119624379_n.jpg

iS5JObKOTpvHH.gif

Trigger

What a flawless page opener combo: Slayona and the Aussie goddess.

EDIT-

List of tracks:

ALL THE LOVERS
COME INTO MY WORLD
LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

What a list of Abbey-flavored slayage. *.*

botty

Banned
What a flawless page opener combo: Slayona and the Aussie goddess.

EDIT-

List of tracks:

ALL THE LOVERS
COME INTO MY WORLD
LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

What a list of Abbey-flavored slayage. *.*

excellent selection. I think I will listen to those songs now~

royalan

Eaux, just give me some good music Gaga. Not here for ARTPOP™-themed "games, fashion updates, and magazines" tbh

Speaking of some good music, Leona's live acoustic set she recorded is being released piecemeal as a lead-up to the album coming October 15. The first in the set ("Trouble") was a DailyM(F)ail exclusive, but since I'd rather castrate myself than link to them, here's a better link.

Love the film noir-ishness
grin.gif

380994_10151224287392619_1119624379_n.jpg

Not to nitpick, but....

Those aren't completely live vocals. I'm no audio engineer, but even I can tell that's not natural reverb we're hearing on her voice.

The performance was likely recorded dry and then treated with studio processing. Not talking anything crazy like auto-tuning or pitch correction, but this performance has very obviously been mastered.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm not even laughing, I'm legit pressed.

The Little Cutters are by far the most deranged stanbase though. I know we give the Xtina stans shit but to listen to the Cutters you'd think Gaga invented music. It's hard to take them seriously.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I just read a review of Cheryl's A Million Lights and the last sentence was this:

If nothing else, it’s a nice distraction until Girls Aloud finally regroups, rights every pop wrong of the past three years, and reminds us all of why Cheryl’s earned the right to chuck out half-decent solo albums yearly in the first place.

http://www.muumuse.com/2012/06/cheryl-a-million-lights-album-review.html/

I just had to share with you gerls, I know how much you all love Gods Aloud.
grin.gif

So I tried Gaga's FAME perfume today...WHAT THE HELL? It literally left black stains on my hands. Did she blow all her budget on the advertisement and forget that black liquid perfume is designed to go clear, or did she just put Edge of Glory MV level of effort into this shit?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Speaking of Gods Aloud...
Girls Aloud confirm new single “I Just Wanna Dance”

Early this morning, English recording artist Cheryl confirmed live on BBC Radio 1 and Capital FM that she and her girls, the pop band Girls Aloud will return to the music scene later this year with new single entitled “I Just Wanna Dance“. She also explained some details of the new songs in her interview on Capital FM. Note that the first single will be produced by their usual Brian Higgins and Miranda Cooper better known as Xenomania.

http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/girls-aloud-confirm-new-single-i-just-wanna-dance/

It's happening. It's really happening. Comeback single of the year confirmed. Your faves tried their hardest though, better luck next time.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
tumblr_lnq1zkUceo1qewmu6o1_500.gif

You mean to tell me this #neaux1curr is a Jessie J stan?

#DEEEEAAAAATHHHH

tumblr_lm5v2uzZQ01qewmu6o1_r2_500.gif

Lol I might like her songs but that doesn't means I'm a complete stan. I stan for maybe 1 or 2 (maybe some more) of the people I mentioned on the list of likes.

tumblr_m91lutTYyP1rphdsu.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/05/simon-cowell-x-factor-the-voice-nbc-fox-britney-spears-demi-lovato/

Simon Cowell is furious at NBC for trying to sandbag next week's premiere of "X Factor" by adding a Wednesday installment of "The Voice" ... declaring, "This is a cynical, cold-hearted, unprofessional way of doing business."

Simon tells TMZ, he thought he had a "gentleman's agreement" with NBC ... that "The Voice" would run Mondays and Tuesdays, and "X Factor" would run Wednesdays and Thursdays on FOX ... so fans could watch both.

Simon says NBC is turning on its own audience, forcing them to choose between Christina Aguilera's show and Britney Spears' new show. And speaking of them, Simon says, "Britney's not going to appreciate the fact that Christina -- who has been a bit of a rival -- isn't allowing Britney to have a night of her own."

Simon tells TMZ, he believes the move is as personal as it gets, because "The Voice" came to England and went head-to-head with Simon's show, "Britain's Got Talent" and got its ass kicked.

Simon says, "These guys have really got it in for us. It's nothing short of dirty tricks."

Cowell adds, "The reason they've done this is they don't want people to see 'X Factor' because they've heard how good the series is. They don't want their audience to see Britney Spears. They don't want their audience to see Demi Lovato."

Simon says he doesn't think Britney knows yet, but when she finds out "She's going to be devastated because she's put her heart and soul into this."

As for Cowell, he says he's not scared, adding, "I can't bear it that the network is playing political games and playing with the audience."

poor Demi caught in between all this mess
iX0wtZsaYxXEb.png

I'd take Britney's soulless unaffected music over Jessie J's smorgasbord of confused identities and undisciplined vocals any day.

1807636_o.gif

RE: The Voice/XFactor; as if people are going to tune into an extra day of The Voice over the premiere of The X Factor. The next morning news outlets will report on The X Factor crushing The Voice's ratings and NBC, as per, will look dumb as hell.

botty

Banned
As if Christina gives a fuck, or even has a say in when the show airs. She is too busy getting that peen, and singing about fucking her boyfriend to care.

If britney is pressed over this, then she needs to pop a pill and have a seat. Simon can have several too. Poor brave britney, being exploited once again.
VjvlV.gif

But no one wants to see Demi gurl! Its the Truth!

Why shade Demi, though?
7732f81d.png

Oh come on, Simon's loving this. All he's wanted to do from the beginning was re-manufacture the Britney/Xtincta "rivalry" anyway.

And he's very generous to Xtincta to do so.

ibrwY3HvhEAO5a.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom